Arismendi: boys in heels

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Juan

Arismendi: boys in heels

Post by Juan »

Italian photographer and designer Antonella Arismendi shot young models Alex Nestor and Yamil Castiglione styled in her unique esoteric fashion replete with obscure symbols (like the Mayan numbers in the backround) and mystic underlines. Among other unusual garments, she had the boys wear high-heeled shoes,
illuminati3 (1).JPG
illuminati5.JPG
as well as the beautiful dress I've already posted:
Arizmendi Dress.JPG
More pictures at her agent's blog: http://larapixie.blogspot.com/2009/07/i ... nella.html

Yeah! I know! I wouldn't go out to the street dressed like that either! (Now: if I were their age, and there was this crazy party... )

They're just some artistic pics. I find them interesting. I might give that dress a shot, though!

Take care,
Juan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Arismendi: boys in heels

Post by r1g0r »

Juan wrote:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<snipsnipsnipsnipsnipsnipsnipsnip>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yeah! I know! I wouldn't go out to the street dressed like that either! (Now: if I were their age, and there was this crazy party... )

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<snipsnipsnipsnipsnipsnipsnipsnip>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I might give that dress a shot, though!

Take care,
Juan

a crazy party, hmmmm.... argentina, hmmmm.... um, carnivale?

and really, who cares how old you are at carnivale? :wink:
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
Juan

Carnival

Post by Juan »

r1g0r: ley's hope you don't feel disappointed: tango dancing and "crazy parties" abound in Buenos Aires, but not really among my circle, and anyways I couldn't attend them, as I work 'till late at night. As for popular celebrations, I'm afraid this is not a festive town at all. Festivities pass by unsung. Even Christmas and New Year's Eve celebrations are limited to some very noisy pyrotecnics, and that's that. The closest we get to a "mardi-gras" is when the national soccer selection team wins some championship (which is quite often).

As for carnival, if you want to show off your fancy-free-fashion-style you have to travel to the Northern provinces. There's for example a famous "Carnaval" in Gualeguaychú:
Gualeguaychu.jpg
Or you may want to cross the River Plate all the way to Uruguay:
Monte.JPG
And of course, if you can afford it, you can travel to Brazil, to the most famous Carnival celebration in the World: Rio de Janeiro!
rio.jpg
Now you know your destinations, so grab your feathers and start practicing your "samba"!

Good luck! Saludos,

Juan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.