Fashion media promoting skirts for men

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Fashion media promoting skirts for men

Post by Sinned »

Gusto, no, first it requires them to think!!!! :lol:
Last edited by Sinned on Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Sinned wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:25 am Gusto, no, first it requires then to think!!!! :lol:
and that is so….

difficult!
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Gusto10 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:31 pm

Sinned wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:25 pm
Gusto, no, first it requires then to think!!!! :lol:

and that is so….

difficult!

Sometimes you guys provoke it -- or maybe it's just the image of Indiana Jones with bag and whip ... anyway, after my query about pocket solutions since I was 'shuddering' at the thought of a feminine purse, I got whipped with your admonitions to just get a purse. So, success gentlemen -- or partial so far -- I bought my first 'bag' (purse). Actually I bought two, but like early skirt buying -- I was not well enough informed about the nuances and I fear only one is going to work, but hey, I bought it. Interestingly the doing harkened back my 'nerves' when buying my first skirts (I buy off the rack so I can try them on) not mail order for fear of fit failure. I had the same sense of nerves and 'what will folks think -- a guy browsing through purses? I could not even pass it off to 'looking for my wife..." as I was as usual, in a skirt! The sense of unease did not have the intensity or duration of buying those first skirts, but sure took me back through some of those old anxieties.

OK chaps, you have a half-success, I've bought the purse. Now I need to use it! Yes, my left brain, or is it the right one, says all is fine and logical ...but now I have to walk down the street yet to confirm I've not gone too far!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Faldaguy wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:44 amOK chaps, you have a half-success, I've bought the purse. Now I need to use it! Yes, my left brain, or is it the right one, says all is fine and logical ...but now I have to walk down the street yet to confirm I've not gone too far!
Sling it over your shoulder and head out the door as if the sun is shining and everything is right in the world. I doubt that there will be any grief. If there is, make mention that in other civilised parts of the world that guys carry bags as a matter of routine.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I have no problem with carrying my purse. It is a shoulder bag and I have it with me at all times when out and about. I have never had a comment or problem either.
So get out there and wear it with pride!!!!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

It does help me that I look very much like a genetic woman as nobody has ever said anything about wearing my cross body bag.
It seems men quit carrying bags when they wore suit coats with all the pockets in them.
It's nice to pick up a bottom (e.g., trousers) and not have a bunch of coins clattering on the floor. Also, washed cell phones don't work so well as what happened one time when I left one in a pocket and washed the garment.

John
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

The obvious question has been over looked-what kind of skirt would go with Indiana Jones hat?
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

A tan or brown knee-length skirt of any description, whether A-line or cargo. NOT a pencil or anything tight but possibly cotton, linen or polycotton due to the need to encompass energetic activities such as escape, fighting and running. I have a skirt or two that would fulfill the criteria.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Thank you Sinned. :mrgreen:
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I would choose a shorter skirt - more fitted for running around - mid thigh hemline I'd say.
Cotton or a tan high waisted denim skirt with a big belt and side cargo pockets style?

I find a longer skirt is heavier for moving around in - and an a-line or a full bodied pleated style has so much material it could be around my head more than my middle - if that makes sense - assuming I am doing all sorts of crazy stunts ?!
A fitted short skirt stays covering me if I am doing all sorts of things...better than a fuller bodied skirt does in the same situation.

I think I would have to ditch my heels though.... wedges perhaps? Ha ha.

cheers
NZF
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I would try to match the color of the skirt with the color of the hat.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

or match your shoes to the hat ?
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

I have a black fedora and in the Fall and Winter I've worn it with all kinds of things.

Of course, I haven't done anything in those outfits as active as Indy tends to!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Grok wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:01 am The obvious question has been over looked-what kind of skirt would go with Indiana Jones hat?
Here is one. I have a couple of these: offer no restiction to movement with good pockets for compass, map, etcetera.
They even look like they have been in a few adventures already. Mine have exactly the same pattern of holes and tears - they must put a template over them and let the Boll weevils do their work.
https://picclick.com.au/Roxy-Khaki-Mili ... 65345.html
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

denimini wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:09 pm Here is one. I have a couple of these: offer no restiction to movement with good pockets for compass, map, etcetera.
They even look like they have been in a few adventures already. Mine have exactly the same pattern of holes and tears - they must put a template over them and let the Boll weevils do their work.
https://picclick.com.au/Roxy-Khaki-Mili ... 65345.html
And they charge you an arm and a leg for them as well..
I have a friend who during the early stages of the distressed blue gene look went out and bought twenty boxes of various sized genes at wholesale prices. He then took them out to a clay mine nearby and with his trusty 12 gauge shotgun proceeded to distress them greatly. He then took them to a laundry and washed them several times. He paid an average of $12.00 a pair for them and sold them from anywhere between $90.00 and $140.00 each. Nice profit margin!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.