Time for a rant - padded backsides!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Time for a rant - padded backsides!

Post by Big and Bashful »

STEVIE wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:27 am
Big and Bashful wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:57 am Or a Cumberland sausage? 3 foot long and coiled? Too far? I'll get me coat!
I like to coat them in mustard.
Steve.
Fried in their own juices, served with a mound of proper mashed potato, maybe with peas, maybe white cabbage, gravy if you want. I have never liked mustard, the only time I ever buy is it when cooking a cottage pie.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

HMMMM, FOOD........
Steve.
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

Big and Bashful wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:58 am
STEVIE wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:27 am
Big and Bashful wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:57 am Or a Cumberland sausage? 3 foot long and coiled? Too far? I'll get me coat!
I like to coat them in mustard.
Steve.
Fried in their own juices, served with a mound of proper mashed potato, maybe with peas, maybe white cabbage, gravy if you want. I have never liked mustard, the only time I ever buy is it when cooking a cottage pie.
OK, if we are going properly off topic, I'm in...

There used to be fantastic butchers in Keswick (Lake District, UK), who amongst other flavours made fantastic Cumberland Sausage. Sadly no longer in business. I would take a notion and drive down just to get some.

For me, they are best served with Yorkshire pudding, mash, carrots, baked onion and gravy. A total pig-out (pardon the pun(kind of)) meal.

As an even further aside, I've found that a minute or so in the microwave before grilling a sausage (or three) gets rid of a lot of fat, which I'm not so keen on.