Sad News PAYLESS SHOES Closing

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Sad News PAYLESS SHOES Closing

Post by r.m.anderson »

This just in Payless Shoes closing all of it stores:

7:36 pm ET Payless ShoeSource to shutter all of its remaining US stores

NEW YORK (AP) — Payless ShoeSource is shuttering all of its 2,100 remaining stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, joining a list of iconic names like Toys R Us and Bon-Ton that have closed down in the last year. The Topeka, Kansas-based chain said Friday it will hold liquidation sales starting Sunday and wind down its e-commerce operations. All of the stores will remain open until at least the end of March and the majority will remain open until May. The debt-burdened chain filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in April 2017, closing hundreds of stores as part of its reorganization.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=P ... pe=sbc_dsl

https://www.payless.com/

Better get them hard to find fit sizes now - !!!
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sad News PAYLESS SHOES Closing

Post by Sinned »

it seems that your retail outlets are going the same way as ours. Several big names have already closed and there are others in financial trouble. Is this the direction we are headed in - no actual shops just Amazon floating in cyber space with lots of gigantic warehouses? I hope not!!!! Although I browse Amazon sometimes I have rarely ordered anything from them.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
brennk

Post by brennk »

I don't shop there, but it is sad to see more and more storefronts closing. :( :( :(
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

The Payless store in my town closed up last March with no notice to employees. One morning it was there the next morning the doors were locked and employees were left with out jobs. :(

The building has been torn down and a fast food place has been built in it's place.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Fred in Skirts wrote:The Payless store in my town closed up last March with no notice to employees. One morning it was there the next morning the doors were locked and employees were left with out jobs. :(

The building has been torn down and a fast food place has been built in it's place.
Ironic that a manufacturing plant has to give advance notice of a closure but not a retailer. The law needs to be updated for big corporations of all sorts.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

The notice to employees of closures is required of all companies that have more than the legally specified number of employees. However, if it's just the local branch of a national company that's closing and that location has fewer employees than the statutory requirement, then no notice is required. I expect that's what happened in Fred's neighborhood.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote:The notice to employees of closures is required of all companies that have more than the legally specified number of employees. However, if it's just the local branch of a national company that's closing and that location has fewer employees than the statutory requirement, then no notice is required. I expect that's what happened in Fred's neighborhood.
You are quite right on that. The store had about 7 employees including the manager and her assistant. Two of the remaining were part timers.
They did not even know the company was in a dire state.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.