Traditional Full Summer Skirts

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.

Traditional Full Summer Skirts

Postby weeladdie18 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:24 pm

I was wearing one of my traditional patterned below the Knee full and free flowing summer skirts again today.
Lovely and light weight and cool for the heatwave.
Many of these skirts came new and unworn from the local charity shops... I find there is no problem wearing this style of skirt

I would recommend this style of skirt to a newbie who is inexperienced in skirt wearing. One can suggest to an enquirer that this is the latest
fashion for men and It is considered cool and comfortable to wear
Comfortable with a pair of lightweight male leather shoes and white turned down ankle socks.

Some of these garments are skirt sized at the waist,.... some have elasticated waists , ......others are free size and have a draw string which ties at
at the waist.
Not commonly worn by the Female in my region of the U K.....Highly practical if worn with a traditional male sports jacket with
plenty of pockets and a male leather belt.....Carry on skirting ...weeladdie.....
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Traditional Full Summer Skirts

Postby Freedomforall » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:32 pm

Please post a picture.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Postby crfriend » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:16 pm

FFA -- Several exemplars may be had in my "Pics and Looks" thread. For the most part, mine have both elastics in the waist and drawstrings as well which I wear loose, but not hanging overtly from the waistline. My "Yellow" one from a little while back is such a style. I have quite a few of the type including my (in)famous "peacock skirts".

The notion of "free-sizing" is of the "One Size Fits Most" strategy in that if it's too loose on you you can pull it in with the drawstring, and the overall size with the elastic is fairly generous (at least I can get one over my 44" hips) and the elastic holds the thing up.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Postby weeladdie18 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:47 pm

Thank you Carl for your comments and clarification of Traditional Full Summer Skirts ...I like to think I wear my patterns without looking
Feminine. ....Perhaps the secret is not to appear as a woman.....There is perhaps a very fine line between the pattern and style a man
and female would wear.......Perhaps I am getting very subjective....we all have our own personal choice.......

Certainly delieghtfully comfortable with summer temperatures up to 30 c weeladdie.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Postby crfriend » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:45 pm

weeladdie18 wrote:[...] Perhaps the secret is not to appear as a woman.....

There's no way in creation that anybody'd confuse me with a woman, so I have that advantage in spades. But even I try to not overdo it. It's especially tough with dresses, but possible, and bearing helps combat the confusion.

The light gauzy styles are definitely my go-to styles for summer.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Return to Freestyle Fashions