The Issue of Gender and Clothing

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Issue of Gender and Clothing

Post by Daryl »

Caultron wrote:
Daryl wrote:Well, yeah, but try it in Russia. Just saying.
Guy from Moskow. Just saying.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cd_player/
:D

I liked his grey jacket and skirt outfit.
Daryl...
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Daryl wrote:
Caultron wrote:Guy from Moskow. Just saying.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cd_player/
I liked his grey jacket and skirt outfit.
Yes, he carries off most of his outfits pretty well.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

Post by Feeling freedom »

He does carry them well. I like the kilt, knee high boots with leather jacket and scarf!
Personal style is important to me. Even when my outfits may contain skirts, tights and great ankle or riding length boots! I enjoy fashion and am excited to get in on the conversations with the like minded!
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

Last Saturday my wife and I went to Rotterdam to buy some new clothes. Because of the nice weather we sat outside at a café to have a drink. The waiter came over and asked us : "Ladies, can I get your order please?"

I need to say I was dressed in a skirt and woman clothes all the way, so the mistake was easy to make. :mrgreen:

I am a woman in a male body, and my wife let me dress up like a woman when we go out shopping. Dressed as a woman makes it much easier to shop for woman clothes. Even when I speak with my low masculine voice, I never seem to raise any attention. :alien:
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Sinned wrote:Welcome tb, you are no different in your attire than most of us here. I don't think that any of the traditional women's clothes should be barred to us. The main thing that we have to overcome is our own social conditioning. For instance I find that women's tops, dresses with a definite low cut decolletage jarrs on my senses mainly because such is meant to display the female cleavage and the sight of a hairy chest just doesn't seem to have the same appeal somehow. But I do wear other aisle clothes nevertheless and am not ashamed of it. So join in some of the posts, you will get more out if that way than you will ever put in.
I feel the way round this problem is to wear a standard male T shirt or collar and tie beneath the female top or dress collar to bring the neck coverage up to a standard male Height.

Any person talking face to face with a wearer of this style of garment would see a normal male neck line. ......... weeladdie
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

weeladdie18 wrote:...I feel the way round this problem is to wear a standard male T shirt or collar and tie beneath the female top or dress collar to bring the neck coverage up to a standard male Height...
That's what I do.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

Maybe this isn't on topic, but it is great news over here in the Netherlands. We can change our gender in our passports and all legal documents not only to male or female, but also to X ( No gender, or neutral gender )
I can change my Male gender into a Female gender if i wish or into X. They even spoke about the need to mention a gender in our passports, is it really necessary to mention that in a passport?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ontopic: Being a transwoman i wear dresses and skirts all day in public wearing make-up and all. i see clothes as just clothes. If I fit into a dress and I like it I wear it. It's as simple as that. 8)
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)