Velvet skirt

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Velvet skirt

Post by Sinned »

r.m.a., those are truly phenomenal. The fact that they are skorts doesn't faze me and the colours are amazing. I'm envious of you and I'd love some just like them. Now where's ebay? Whose the maker?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Sorry, rma, it was the labels that made me wonder.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Sinned wrote:r.m.a., those are truly phenomenal. The fact that they are skorts doesn't faze me and the colours are amazing. I'm envious of you and I'd love some just like them. Now where's ebay? Whose the maker?
Ebay LINK:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/351383434072?v ... K:MEWNX:IT

Also Search under Velvet skirt or skort

Recent buy - the Red in XL is me - expected delivery tomorrow - bought the Blue one a few weeks ago - the Black I have had for awhile.
The velvet material is just awesome freely floaty so fluid.
After a while you no like the skort feature just scissors the internal under shorts but at this point you will definitely be in the CAUTION zone.

Put on some tights and head out to the skating rink.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

crfriend wrote:Velvet is a wonderful fabric.
For paintings of tigers and horses, sure, but for clothing? Brrr. Makes me get the shivers just touching it.
Daryl...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Daryl wrote:For paintings of tigers and horses, sure, but for clothing? Brrr. Makes me get the shivers just touching it.
It's warmer than you think. The only way to find out is to give it a test drive.

It's soft, once it warms to your temperature it's quite warm, it shimmers, and it drapes beautifully. What's not to love?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Carl, I can attest to that. I'm wearing my LBD now and as it flares out from just under the arms it drapes nice when standing but is equally good when sitting. It isn't heavy and the hem falls just on the knee when seated. The only problem I have with the dress, and believe me I can live with it, is that because I am big around the shoulder area where most women are not it is a bit tight under the arms. But it doesn't show when I'm wearing it. I'm bad at getting photos but I will try and get one in the next day or two.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

crfriend wrote:
Daryl wrote:For paintings of tigers and horses, sure, but for clothing? Brrr. Makes me get the shivers just touching it.
It's warmer than you think. The only way to find out is to give it a test drive.

It's soft, once it warms to your temperature it's quite warm, it shimmers, and it drapes beautifully. What's not to love?
It gives me shivers when I touch it, like fingernails on blackboards not like "brrr it's chilly here". I guess I just discovered that this is not a universal experience...
Daryl...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Daryl wrote:It gives me shivers when I touch it, like fingernails on blackboards not like "brrr it's chilly here". I guess I just discovered that this is not a universal experience...
That's an interesting reaction, but it's yours, so cherish it!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Wow, and velvet is one of my favorite materials. Interesting! I have never heard of anyone having a negative reaction like that. I'm sure you're already aware that the velvet of Elvis paintings or drapery is intentionally stiff and coarse, vs. the velvet for clothing which is MUCH softer and often mixed with spandex to make it a bit stretchy.
Ralph!
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Ralph wrote:Wow, and velvet is one of my favorite materials. Interesting! I have never heard of anyone having a negative reaction like that. I'm sure you're already aware that the velvet of Elvis paintings or drapery is intentionally stiff and coarse, vs. the velvet for clothing which is MUCH softer and often mixed with spandex to make it a bit stretchy.
I avoid it just in case. Getting all brrr just thinking about it!
Daryl...