First steps in tights

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: First steps in tights

Post by denimini »

Kinderconcepts-Baby-Tights-sponsored.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

beachlion wrote:Stop complaining !!

In the Netherlands thanks to climate change, the summers are getting warmer and longer. But in the 60s and 70s, according to statistics of the weather bureau, most summer fell on a tuesday afternoon but only in leap years. If you missed it, you had to wait 4 years.
Lol :lol:
So true. :mrgreen:
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

More steps in tights. I bought tights in grey. It is more difficult to find fitting ones than in black. It looks like Chinese inches are shorter than English ones. But it fits, meaning no seams ripped.
P1010035q.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

beachlion wrote:More steps in tights. I bought tights in grey. It is more difficult to find fitting ones than in black. It looks like Chinese inches are shorter than English ones. But it fits, meaning no seams ripped.
Must read fine print:

Please note that slight color difference should be acceptable due to the light and screen.
There is 2-3% difference according to manual measurement.

Si be very careful if "Manual" is doing your measurements !

One thing for sure if buying off of Ebay Chinese goods have shorter arms; smaller Asian waists and legs like capri lengths.
You can order something in size XXXXL and it is the equivalent of western hemisphere size medium.

Very good for you beachlion stepping out and strutting your tights stuff.
A journey of a thousand steps gets easier with each step - keep it up.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

Rokje wrote:No beer needed, because my own beer fridge is full with Belgian beauties.
Nice outfit Rokje, and yes Belgian beer is one of the best I've ever tried.

Tes
JoePublic

Post by JoePublic »

beachlion wrote:Recently I ordered some tights. It is a first for me and I don't know if this is the way to go. I'm trying to extend the skirt wearing season and I have to decide if I go with kilts and long socks or skirts and tights.
One of the tights is with a fleece lining so I can use it on the bike in cold weather. Two others are more in the line of pantyhoses.
P1010538q.jpg
For sure it is something I have to get used to, maybe more than just wearing skirts.
Like the skirt! Tights are just accessories for skirts, like underwear, the way a kilt would be worn with kilt socks and sporran etc. Only denim skirts look okay without tights if your legs arent waxed :)
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

JoePublic wrote:...... Like the skirt! .....
The skirt is home made. The fabric is a heavy black twill. It has pockets like jeans without the small pocket for a watch.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Yes, tights and other hosiery are accessories to skirts and I agree with that. But I can't agree JP, on the denim skirts. In summer I wear pastel coloured lightweight mini skirts without tights to good effect. And I don't depilate my legs. The only reason I wear tights during autumn, winter and spring is that I would have cold legs without.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

I tried some tights on this week with a short skirt just hanging around the house and to be honest they felt good as well as pretty natural
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

You don't have to look far on the 'net' to find tights in all thicknesses and colours. For most of the year up here on these latitudes a thick pair held up well by tightish unmentionables keeps the leg department comfy and warm.

The length of skirt worn over that lot is then a free-for all...from a Robin Hood-style short tunic to a floor sweeper, but I find anything from mid-thigh minis to knee-length suits me fine. Being a pockets person I like skirts not to be figure-hugging pencils, but to have a bit of room about the hips.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
MrSoapsud

Post by MrSoapsud »

Epiceneguy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:37 am I tried some tights on this week with a short skirt just hanging around the house and to be honest they felt good as well as pretty natural
If you want an overwhelming choice of styles and colours of tights, stockings, leggings etc with excellent service in the UK, check out UKTights.com
M
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

I clicked on the UKTights link and I must say the variety is mind-boggling, but the prices!!!!

I've lost track of the pounds to dollar exchange rate, but even at 1:1 even the sales prices for most of the items were above what I usually pay. Not to mention the pair that went for, on sale no less, 180 pounds!

I'll stick with OneHanesPlace.com.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

180 pounds sounds more like my weight than the price of a pair of tights. Y'got sumthin' wrong there.

Expect to pay between 2.5 up to 6 Squids/Yurohs per pair.

Tom
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I average about £10. The quality is better.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Agreed, Ray. You are obviously still climbing the ladder and investing heavily. At my age I'm on the way down and nearing the bottom.

Tom