Corset

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Corset

Post by Freedomforall »

Hello all,

Just wanted to share a vendor for corsets that I have found to be very good. I tried three different companies and Orchard Corset is hands down the best quality and customer service around. The ladies will take time discussing what style and size will suit you best. Most of the time they will even give you a code for a discount. I have ordered over six corsets from them.

DJ
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Corset

Post by Gordon »

I too have an Orchard Corset and agree that their customer service is excellent. Wearing a corset is fun and it helps me project more of a feminine outline.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

That is certainly a benefit. I have suffered back pain for many years and find that it also helps me with that as well.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Freedomforall wrote:That is certainly a benefit. I have suffered back pain for many years and find that it also helps me with that as well.
Interesting. I suppose the corset is a lot like a back brace, albeit a very tight one. I wonder how it would go with someone who a has a bit of a Buddha belly? Of course, I guess that's what they're made for.

I'll have to stew on that one for a bit. I can't shake the thought of my insides being pushed all out of whack. Seems when I hold my gut in really hard with my arms, I struggle to breathe comfortably. It's definitely something I'd like to try before I buy.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Moon it takes some time to get used to. I had to start with wearing it very loose and work my way up. I get claustrophobic easily and have not had any problems this far. I see a lot of difference in the shape of my stomach and waist since wearing it. Consistency is name of the game because of muscle memory. You are training the muscles. If I don't wear it for more than a day I can notice that my shape is shifting back. It really has been a huge saviour for me with back pain. I like the side benefit of getting a shapely waist though. If I wear it constantly, there will be as much as a 3 to 5 inch difference in my waist. You really don't have to wear it very tight as a lot of people just like the snug feeling. I also have noticed it helps you feel more confident. Attached is a picture of how it fits me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

Moon as FFA pointed out it is really and truly all about consistency. Your insides are actually very good at adapting themselves to a new structural environment as long as you allow it to adjust gradually. As long as you are sensible about its use a corset can be a great reliever of even skeletal problems which is the relief from back pain you may very well get from wearing one. If fact if you do a lot of bending at work and you suffer from backaches your wear one and if asked about it you can say that you are wearing it to help your back. Once you demonstrate that you can work with less pain then the questions should go away. Given the choice I'd opt for a corset over the so called back braces which when worn all day allow your back muscles to atrophy away and cause problems when you take them off, a corset actually promotes the strengthening of the entire musculature of the abdomen as they relearn how to hold the body upright in respond to the rigidness of the corset.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I like wearing mine. It's like a hug all day long.
Here are some links to the benefits of wearing a corset

https://www.orchardcorset.com/pages/5-s ... g-a-corset

https://lucycorsetry.com/corset-benefit ... -a-corset/
Namaste,
Gordon
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Hobrob you said it well!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, you all have given me a lot to consider.

How would you size one? By actual measurements or by target measurements?

FWIW I seem to recall reading something on kilts and how their supposed to be rather snug on the waist to help with shape and posture. In fact I think it was on this website, but the actual thread elludes me today.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Gordon wrote:I like wearing mine. It's like a hug all day long.
Here are some links to the benefits of wearing a corset

https://www.orchardcorset.com/pages/5-s ... g-a-corset

https://lucycorsetry.com/corset-benefit ... -a-corset/
Hey Jenn, you might want to look into this with your back issues....
-Andrea
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Moon, if you look at the Orchard corset web site it will give you info on how to measure. It even has an online chat you can use or call them. They are very helpful. The prices are very reasonable.

The one I have is CS305.
Namaste,
Gordon
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Moon I have always called and chatted with the girls at Orchard on which one would work best for me. I started with the lowest "strength" one and am now up to the strongest one.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I've been using this product from "Katie's" on Ebay. It has helped me to loose 21 lbs
since January. I sit more erect and don't slouch as much as I used to.

Go to Ebay & look for the seller Katie's. Copy the quoted line below and paste it into
the search window on Katie's page. You'll get about 20 (+/-) results.
To save you some time, here's the link :arrow:
""Girdles bustier Waist Cinchers Training BACK SUPPORT FIRM Fusion Trainer S-4XL""

Katie's is a much, MUCH less costly option to the 'Male Custom Made' corsets.
They can be a B*t*H to put on, but once it's on, you'll be amazed at how you feel.
It also acts like a gastric band but without the surgery involved.
(Trick - Take a breath, fully exhale, hook 2 hooks, breath and repeat.
Start with the bottom hooks and work up to the top.)

Enjoy :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Moon, just remember NOT to get one that encloses between the legs. These tend to pull UPWARDS restricting movement below and pulling everything below upwards as well. I had a couple of corsets of MOH's and stopped using them because I felt like I was being strangled in the nether regions. This is one case of where what's good for the ladies is definitely not good for us.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

This is similar to the 1st ones I tried but not an exact match.

Waist Cinchers UNDERBUST FULL BODY SHAPER SUIT EXTRA FIRM CONTROL 65042 S-5XL

After I developed DVT(Blood Clots) in my legs, I had to go to a different style,
which is the one I previously listed.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)