Dresses

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Dresses

Post by oldsalt1 »

Daryl wrote:
crfriend wrote:The black shoes, I think, are an improvement; they add contrast to the look. I still think a belt would add something...
A black belt or a black clutch maybe, or perhaps a black necklace; something anything to say "these shoes aren't alone".
I tried a belt but the waist line is too high . I see what you mean about helping the shoes not to be lonely Ill work on that. . I got the dress from amazon I liked it so much that I ordered another in a different color.

I really got these dresses to just throw them a little.on when I am around the house. But when I put them on I feel that I have to dress them up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Nice - although the soft brown is not my color.
You wear that dress well.
What color is the other dress that you ordered off of Amazon ?

Regarding an accessory belt check out this on ebay - quite inexpensive:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Women-Ladies-B ... P69vTq7Afw

While you are at ebay - you can do a search for elastic belt and see a bunch more.
Thing I like about these belts is the smooth snug form fit with no dangling ends/ends needing to be tucked away.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

This was the second dress the other was the red one a couple of posts back
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I like the long sleeves OS. It seems finding a dress with good long sleeves is difficult. As stated earlier I normally wind up gravitating towards jumpers where I can pair with a under-top of my choice for this reason. But I'd love to find one like that... just a tad longer for me though.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Yes indeed finding a dress with long sleeves that actually reach the wrist is a challenge.
The norm is a tunic with 3/4 length sleeves - rather awkward until you get the hang of
it sort of like capri pants or sleeveless blouses - cheap skates cutting the corners out of
clothing. This is akin to making mini-skirts so short that they make two at a time when
making them.
With the jumpers I can envision wearing a turtle-neck or mock turtle-neck dickie creating
an all in one garment - and then it could very well be a long sleeve "T" shirt worn underneath !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !