It's Been a Good Month

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

It's Been a Good Month

Post by jamodu »

My Wife is on extended summer break from work, so I don't have to stay in male attire to deal with routine business at home.

This means that for the past month I've been able wear my skirts, tights/pantyhose, and sandals from the moment I wake until I retire for the evening.

Life is good.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: It's Been a Good Month

Post by denimini »

I am not sure if to congratulate you or not.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

jamodu wrote:My Wife is on extended summer break from work, so I don't have to stay in male attire to deal with routine business at home. This means that for the past month I've been able wear my skirts, tights/pantyhose, and sandals from the moment I wake until I retire for the evening.
Life is good.
Yes life is good when we are allowed to follow our hearts and dress as we want. :D I do this every day and every month. I do not worry who comes to the door I wear what ever I please and answer the door in that. Mostly skirts and tops, sometimes dresses. I love it when the church people come by to make me a "Christian". It is usually two women and they want me to give them money for the pamphlet they are pushing. Just to see their faces when I open the door is worth getting out of bed that day! :lol: :lol: It is your choice to dress the way you do and of course the same for them. So don't worry if the mailman sees you or the delivery guy, they have seen it all anyway. Just enjoy your self!!

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I do make an effort to at least put on a dress in the morning rather than to lounge around in my silky nighty. I really don't want to ruin the day of a person at the door by seeing a busty old geezer in a nightgown. :D

John
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

JohnH wrote:I do make an effort to at least put on a dress in the morning rather than to lounge around in my silky nighty. I really don't want to ruin the day of a person at the door by seeing a busty old geezer in a nightgown. :D John
John, who knows it just might be what he needed to start his day off right! :lol:

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Fred in Skirts wrote:
JohnH wrote:I do make an effort to at least put on a dress in the morning rather than to lounge around in my silky nighty. I really don't want to ruin the day of a person at the door by seeing a busty old geezer in a nightgown. :D John
John, who knows it just might be what he needed to start his day off right! :lol:

Fred
And if it's early enough in the morning I sound like Sylvester Stallone and in the shower I do a pretty good rendition of a Russian octavist, going down to F1 which is 4 ledger lines below the bass staff.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

jamodu wrote:My Wife is on extended summer break from work, so I don't have to stay in male attire to deal with routine business at home.

This means that for the past month I've been able wear my skirts, tights/pantyhose, and sandals from the moment I wake until I retire for the evening.

Life is good.
Good for you. I know that i would enjoy the heck out of it.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

jamodu wrote:My Wife is on extended summer break from work, so I don't have to stay in male attire to deal with routine business at home.
I'm going to be the one to stray from all the congratulatory responses and spoil the party by asking: Does your wife know how you prefer to dress but just doesn't want to be around when you do so, or is the whole thing a secret from her?

I ask because a big secret like that can be the wedge that ruins a marriage; I've seen it happen far too often in various "alternative clothing" communities. In nearly every case, what you wear does less damage to the relationship than her discovery that you have been lying to her all these years. I hope that doesn't happen with you!
Ralph!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

jamodu wrote:My Wife is on extended summer break from work, so I don't have to stay in male attire to deal with routine business at home...
If your wife is off work for a month, doesn't that mean she'd be home more, and not less?

Or is she using the month to travel, but without you?

Or what?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

For the benefit of the last two posters...

My Wife works in the education sector (hence the long summer break at home). During this break, I don't have to dress in male attire to see her off to work, or for when she returns. I'm all but retired, so I'm typically home all day.

I prefer to dress age appropriate. She's fine with my dress preferences, and often compliments my femme dress sense - in fact, she admits a some degree of envy that I can buy skirts/dresses and shoes in my size that she can't in her size. Wearing clothes from the alternative aisle is no longer an issue at all - and has been the case for some years. She finally saw sense in the double-standard in women being able to wear men's clothes, but that men couldn't similarly wear women's clothing.

These days, for example, it isn't unusual for her to ask me why I'm not wearing a skirt or dress.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Confused if she is ok with your dress preferences why do you have to dress in male attire to see her off to work.