Interesting collection

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
whorton

Interesting collection

Post by whorton »

Interesting collection of men in skirts. Is it my imagination however, in that most look "posed?"

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/men-w ... s/?lp=true
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Interesting collection

Post by oldsalt1 »

did you notice Moonshadows picture on right about 1/3 down
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

whorton wrote:Interesting collection of men in skirts. Is it my imagination however, in that most look "posed?"
Indeed, most are posed, because unless the photographer is in the perfect spot at the perfect time, the guy in a skirt will go past before the camera can be gotten into play.
oldsalt1 wrote:did you notice Moonshadows picture on right about 1/3 down
There are a couple of Moon in that mix, as well as a number of rather familiar faces. Unfortunately the shots start repeating part of the way in and that causes my brain some trouble as it starts to have to de-duplicate the selections.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
whorton

Post by whorton »

Oldsalt. . .

I did!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Noticed one of our ole members Nigel W - classic youthful frame wearing thigh short mini-skirts !
Forget Nigel W. Skirtcafe handle been several years circa around Cessna152 and Hamish !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

^veletron, IIRC.

Luckily, nothing from me. Seems I have my flickr account locked down enough that I didn't get pinned. Nor has anyone pinned my looks from lookbook or "hipstagram"...
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Kilted_John wrote:^veletron, IIRC.

Luckily, nothing from me. Seems I have my flickr account locked down enough that I didn't get pinned. Nor has anyone pinned my looks from lookbook or "hipstagram"...
I can change that if you want.... (ducking) :D
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Gordon wrote: I can change that if you want.... (ducking) :D
Only if you want to see me in jeans and shorts exclusively... Pinterest is my sister's favorite site to view on her phone and iPad.

So, best not to hack into my flickr account.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I believe anything will "pin". Sometimes it's difficult on the Flickr phone app because sharing may be disabled, however desktop browsers with the Pinterest plug in can pin just about anything.

I must always entertain the thought that someday one of my images may turn up in the face of someone from "the dark side" of my family (my father's side particularly)

Due to my various dramas sometimes I've debated on locking down my Flickr, however at the end of the day, it's my personal conviction to "let my light shine" and not be ashamed of a practice that harms no one, is fun, and not illegal.

I'm not broadcasting this to Dad and his kin folk, but should they ever find out on their own, will I dread the confrontation? Yes. Will I cower? Oh hell no!

I don't owe them jack, and they're not the boss of how I dress, and if push comes to shove, I don't mind telling them that. You either accept me or move on down the line... no skin off my ass either way. I love them, and would do anything for them, but I'm a grown man, my mama stopped dressing me a long time ago, I'll wear what I want.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Kilted_John wrote:
Gordon wrote: I can change that if you want.... (ducking) :D
Only if you want to see me in jeans and shorts exclusively... Pinterest is my sister's favorite site to view on her phone and iPad.

So, best not to hack into my flickr account.

-J
No hacking needed. I could post any of your pics from Flickr on Pinterest if I wanted to, or any other web site.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Gordon wrote:No hacking needed. I could post any of your pics from Flickr on Pinterest if I wanted to, or any other web site.
That's how images from here get leaked -- rogue users. Once identified, the results are usually quite swift.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

crfriend wrote:
Gordon wrote:No hacking needed. I could post any of your pics from Flickr on Pinterest if I wanted to, or any other website.
That's how images from here get leaked -- rogue users. Once identified, the results are usually quite swift.
That's why I don't post pictures on here - I trust all of the regular posters here, but it only needs one idiot to sign up tomorrow and copy images to post elsewhere.
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

renesm1 wrote:
crfriend wrote:That's how images from here get leaked -- rogue users. Once identified, the results are usually quite swift.
That's why I don't post pictures on here - I trust all of the regular posters here, but it only needs one idiot to sign up tomorrow and copy images to post elsewhere.
It's quite rare, actually, and I am only aware of one incident where I torqued somebody off and who pilfered an image of myself and my late ex and posted it elsewhere. Since I'm open about wearing skirts publicly it wasn't all that much of a threat but angered me nonetheless. He found himself getting banned right quick.

The section where imagery is supposed to be posted is a reserved area for trusted users and is not even visible to random browsers or 'bots.
Tor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tor »

To be reasonably likely to be a problem, someone stealing a picture from here would probably have to know you and put a little effort into making sure that the relevant folk see it. Otherwise, it would most likely just end up in the large stream of random men wearing skirts, seen only by randoms, and sooner or later become very lost in the ocean of old images of the same. That said, I have thus far deliberately only posted pics in the special section here, and chosen lighting to make my face hard to discern, just in case.

As for the collection, interesting, but I'm not a fan of most of them. Nor do they all feel to me like men wearing skirts as men, though at least the majority are. Then again, I'm not at all sure we all saw the same set of pics in the link.
human@world# ask_question --recursive "By what legitimate authority?"
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

You know I was going to say, if you don't want your picture on the internet, best not to post it anywhere, however even that's not really an accurate bit of advice in this day of smart phone cameras. If you're out and about with your skirts on, chances are you've been photographed, and plastered on a facebook wall or two. If nothing else, you've been on countless CCTV's.

So I suppose if you really don't want your skirting outed, then just stay home and never take pictures of yourself. But where's the fun in that? :?:

Then there's those who blur out, or otherwise hide their face. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be critical, and if one chooses to hide his face that's his prerogative, but respect to those who let it all go full board out in the open! And I say that as a man who at any given time is just a few paychecks from utter poverty and homelessness... I just don't worry about it.

As they say.. haters gonna hate. You all know I've dealt my share of closed minds and bigots... I'll take them on any day of the week! F__k em...!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.