Recent posting on facebook Blended BS or answer to all?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
whorton

Recent posting on facebook Blended BS or answer to all?

Post by whorton »

https://www.facebook.com/strutbymic/vid ... 643594217/

Entitled, "The future of ungendered clothing." You be the judge
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Recent posting on facebook Blended BS or answer to all?

Post by moonshadow »

There's actually some cool stuff in there. Some disasters yes.... but still a few things that I would wear.

Naturally the Facebook comments are mean and bigoted as hell. But that's about the only thing Facebook is good for, exposing the ugly souls of humanity.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

moonshadow wrote:There's actually some cool stuff in there. Some disasters yes.... but still a few things that I would wear.

Naturally the Facebook comments are mean and bigoted as hell. But that's about the only thing Facebook is good for, exposing the ugly souls of humanity.
Actually on a second view I can say there is only one thing I like, it's a purple blouse about mid way through. Everything else is a little too out there for me.

But what really disgust me is the ugly commemts. Some of them are just downright vulgar. Okay... you don't like it... fine.. No need to be an asshole about it. But that's people for ya....

Gheeze it's like all of the Marion Wal-Mart patrons homed in on this one video and commented together.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Referring to the Farcebook-comments: "Boneheads in the News".

Seriously, though, most of those looks were too far off the centreline that they looked outlandish -- and I do not think that's the way forward. Moderation is required. Worse, though, is that it looked like nobody took the time to actually contemplate how a look might work. Or not.

I use some elements of the stuff pictured in the video, but not to the extent portrayed. Puffy sleeves -- sure; bring 'em on! Flowing wide-leg trousers similarly. Bright colours, Hell yes! Ruffles, absolutely! But -- all with an ambition to pull the elements together in a cogent and, hopefully, attractive way. Most of the outfits portrayed missed the mark by a very wide margin, Farcebook comments aside.

Whither moderation in this brave new world of ours? Have we forgotten restraint and sensitivity?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Most of the outfits portrayed missed the mark by a very wide margin, Farcebook comments aside.
True enough. But you know how cat walk models are... seems like it's always to the extreme.

Still, silly? Over the top? Perhaps. But "disgusting" was an adjective I observed over and over in the comments, in addition to several puke icons... it wasn't THAT bad...

If they want disgusting, they should see some of the stuff I've seen in the food equipment industry over the years...

I've watched Chinese restaurants serve food off the floor. I've seen what happens when a walk in freezer in the middle of the sun goes down over three days with no one to report it, and it's stocked full of meat and cheese...

Have you any idea what 3 day old meat and cheese smells like after it's been festering in a 150 degree metal box on a hot July holiday weekend?

THAT was about as close as I ever came to vomiting due to a smell....

I'll spare you the grim details of that particular repair... :mrgreen:
-Andrea