With regards to CATO Fashions

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
whorton

With regards to CATO Fashions

Post by whorton »

I was out and about mid evening. . Black slacks and a casual red and earth tone blouse. . I drove by a CATO fashion, and decided to stop in. . .

Given the hour was late, there was but one customer in the store. I took a while and looked around and found a few cute things and asked about using the dressing room. . (I was in male mode as I never wear makeup, wig or such)

The sales girl was quite alright with it and took me back to the changing room. . . even checked on me with regards to size. ..

Good selection, resonable prices, and at least in OKC, No issues with the changing room...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: With regards to CATO Fashions

Post by moonshadow »

Still not going.. no response from corporate, no deal.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
whorton

Post by whorton »

Moon shadow,

I agree with you. I've not been back during a slightly more busy time to gauge the response. They at the least owe you a response, given your treatment. Have you given any thought to writing to the store manager or the district manager regarding how you were treated?
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

whorton wrote:Have you given any thought to writing to the store manager or the district manager regarding how you were treated?
I really wasn't treated poorly, they were nice, and polite about it. But to answer your question, no, I've just decided to let it go. It's come and gone over a year ago.I can attest it is VERY possible to express one's self without shopping in a CATO store.

In fact, I very seldom even give it a thought any longer. Truth be known, I really don't buy a lot of skirts and dresses anymore. I might pick one or two up about once every three months or so. It seems my wardrobe is about saturated with just about anything for what ever mood I find myself in. During this time, I have settled on my favorite "skirt watering holes", among them are virtually any Good Will, Misty Mountain Designs, and of course if I'm traveling and happen upon a locally owned thrift store, new age store, or hippie store I might pop in and check out the selection of skirts and dresses.

I probably haven't purchased a skirt from an actual big box clothing store, or other large chain in over a year now. Frankly I find the styles rather boring and uninteresting. I like clothes that have a certain pop to them, wide flared preferably, and lots of color! It seems all the big box stores and other stores like CATO want to carry are tube shaped floor sweepers, pencils, and other more mainstream styles that just frankly don't interest me.

And Moon Shadow is on the other end of "main stream"... one of a kind! :bom:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
whorton

Post by whorton »

Well, on the positive side, The Cato stores in my neck of the woods are somewhat distant!