Yet, ANOTHER EXCITING QUERY-

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
whorton

Yet, ANOTHER EXCITING QUERY-

Post by whorton »

Recently, while perusing the fashion giant who is the will of the Good. . . (ok Goodwill) I am seeing many print blouse tops such as these, with, shall we say, unique transfer concepts"
Img_6003a.jpg
Just to make sure, notice the large non printed areas where the fabric was obviously folded when the garment was printed. . Is that intentional or not?

So the question, is this a new style or is the immense fashion giant, who denies men in their dressing room, attempting to pawn off substandard good to less financially independent and or offload their crap?

Ideas? Thoughts? Roundtable discussion, or should we call for a Congressional investigation?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by whorton on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Yet, ANOTHER EXCITING QUERY-

Post by Jim »

Looks good to me, but then I'm no fashion expert.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I've got two and almost picked up a third, but it was a tad too large for me.

The latest I haven't photographed yet as I just purchased it at a thrift store in Franklin Tennessee last weekend. It's of the same style you mentioned, and fits me like a glove!

It's got butterflies all over it. I can't wait to wear it!

Judging from the uptick on thrift store findings, I guess they may be going out of style... no matter.. I really dig them!

I'll slap up a pic here when I get around to modeling it... :alien:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

whorton wrote:Recently, while perusing the fashion giant who is the will of the Good. . . (ok Goodwill) I am seeing many print blouse tops such as these, with, shall we say, unique transfer concepts"
Img_6003a.jpg
Just to make sure, notice the large non printed areas where the fabric was obviously folded when the garment was printed. . Is that intentional or not?

So the question, is this a new style or is the immense fashion giant, who denies men in their dressing room, attempting to pawn off substandard good to less financially independent and or offload their crap?

Ideas? Thoughts? Roundtable discussion, or should we call for a Congressional investigation?
Hmm! Most interesting! I would pair that top with a black skirt, making for quite a dynamic outfit.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
whorton

Post by whorton »

LOL. . So is the feeling that the misprinted graphic is intentional?

If you look close the white lanes of non print, they do seem to line up on the edges, (of the printed edges) as if the fabric were folded rather than stretched when it was printed. I was just looking at CATO's site and they have some slightly simular prints, but without the white non print areas. . . Manufacturing defect??

I may have not been paying attention, but I am not seeing anyone wear such prints? :shock:
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

whorton wrote:LOL. . So is the feeling that the misprinted graphic is intentional?
You are correct. I've seen one being worn by a woman and have seen another in a thrift store.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

whorton, does it matter as long as it looks ok when wearing it. The effect looks fine to me as the faded areas look to match on the sleeves and body. If just one sleeve was faded then I'd call it a defect but if all three are the same then call it a product of the design.

I once had a Wicked Willie T-shirt where the motif was upside down and I wore it for a few years and if anyone turned their head down to read the text ( I can't remember what the text was ) I would say something like, "Oh, I didn't know you wanted a personal introduction." which generally got a laugh.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Mowed the yard in this, then did some running around. Grocers, BBQ place, church.
20170409_224942a.jpg
A Livi Active skort, actually, with 2 deep pockets. Tiered with lower tier semi-transparent. Only about 1.5"normally noticeable along the bottom edge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

It looks intentional to me, too even to be a mistake I thought. Manufacturers are often trying out new gimmicks to see what can start a craze. The actual costs are pushed down so ruthlessly (to the detriment of the workers for the most part) that they can afford to throw lots of ideas out there to see what sticks.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

It's not a mistake.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
whorton

Post by whorton »

Mooonshadow,

Thank you, that was exactly the answer I needed. . . strange what amounts to fashion in some respects.

I don't know that it is a fad I can embrace though. . .
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

This is a sublimation dye print and the random unprinted areas are certainly part of the design. This look was pioneered by OneWorld Apparel of Los Angeles and has been copied by other companies. You can find OneWorld tops, dresses, and yes, skirts, at some higher-end stores such as Dillard's. They have another label called "World Unity" that is sold at Kohl's. I have 2 skirts, a dress, and two tope from this company.
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!