Tights/pantyhose - leggings half-way house!!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Tights/pantyhose - leggings half-way house!!

Post by howardfh »

Notice men's sports tights are getting thinner, but still a way to go before it's "normal" to see a man wearing 20-40den tights as part of his sportswear, underneath shorts or maybe a skirt!

A girl at my sports club came in wearing a hybrid of tights/lycra leggings, and looked just great, and I reckon they will look just as good an a bloke too. They are available on e-bay and I've bought the black/white ones (the white looks like socks - but are part of the tights which will confuse the fashion police who say you should never wear socks over tights....!!) and will wear them under black shorts next time I play something.
L-1.jpg
L-2.jpg
If you want to look them up on ebay and other sites, not really sure what they are called - Hot Sexy Womens Fitness Legging Sports Gym Yoga Workout Mesh Athletic Pants seems to be the tags :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
algie

Re: Tights/pantyhose - leggings half-way house!!

Post by algie »

Those look lovely, I could see myself wearing something like that.
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

A couple of links here and here for those who like the look.

My mileage varies from Howards; I think they look awful or, they would on me at any rate. They may "grow on me" but, then, so might warts! :lol:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

That reminds me of the time when I was waiting for a pal at a Japanese restaurant I frequent and some clown's 75-pound trophy wife came in with God alone who knows whose twins and who was wearing a pair of "yoga pants" that were so tight one could tell her grooming preferences. I was not impressed. Fortunately it didn't put me off my food.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

crfriend wrote:That reminds me of the time when I was waiting for a pal at a Japanese restaurant I frequent and some clown's 75-pound trophy wife came in with God alone who knows whose twins and who was wearing a pair of "yoga pants" that were so tight one could tell her grooming preferences. I was not impressed. Fortunately it didn't put me off my food.
That's waht shorts/skirts are for, hiding unsightly sights!
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Bugger they don't do my size
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

RichardA wrote:Bugger they don't do my size
I've ordered XL which is supposed to be equivalent to size 14 (Chinese are pretty slender so they think 14's massive I suppose) and I'll give feedback. If they really are large and saggy I'll return for a more suitable pair. If they're good I might buy a load in different sizes and sell on! Unfortunately with summer approaching here (hey, this is Lancashire, whoosh..and it's gone) it's the end of the running tights season, but Winter's only a few days away..... :shock:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

crfriend wrote:That reminds me of the time when I was waiting for a pal at a Japanese restaurant I frequent and some clown's 75-pound trophy wife came in with God alone who knows whose twins and who was wearing a pair of "yoga pants" that were so tight one could tell her grooming preferences. I was not impressed. Fortunately it didn't put me off my food.
I, OTOH, would not be offended.

But to each his own.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Caultron wrote:I, OTOH, would not be offended.
I wouldn't say I was "offended", but on the other hand it was simply "too much information" that wasn't required.

Some of this may be down to my tangential exposure to the field of medicine in which the term "clinical" has specific meaning, and which applies to some "art forms" (p0rn, mainly), and which also detracts from much of the magic that's supposed to happen between the sexes. (See some of my commentary on the topic elsewhere). Seeing the specimen splayed out on the table in front of me doesn't excite in the least.
But to each his own.
Indeed. We are all our own odd beasts.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

With regards to yoga pants and leggings, I generally prefer them under a skirt or shorts. I know I differ from Carl on that one. I'm not crazy about them by themselves.

As far as the ones in the OP, they're pretty cool I suppose, however since I'd only wear them under a skirt, all that would be seen was the "tights" portion anyway- thus would defeat the purpose of wearing them to begin with. I'd have no interest in wearing them as they are in the pictures above.

Besides, I'm a thigh-high socks guy now. MUCH easier when nature calls and generally made of thicker, tougher material. I only wear leg coverings when it's cold out, during warmer days I prefer bare skin, though now that I have a garter belt I may get around to buying some thigh high tights once life settles down a bit.
crfriend wrote:Seeing the specimen splayed out on the table in front of me doesn't excite in the least.
There's not really a whole lot in the world that "excites" me in that regard. Generally the more provocative the attire, the less interested I am. Hardly anything I've ever seen interest me enough for a second look. Generally what gets my attention grace and elegance, and when I look, it's not in a sexually interested way, but rather a general admiration of genuine beauty, and I may be struck by this by both men and women.

It's very rare... :| In fact, the only time I see something like that is normally on the internet or TV.

I'm the guy at work, when working with other guys, my head is in my work, and some scantily clad tart walks by and all the guys say "daaaaaaamnnnn... get a load of that!" I take a glance.... "meh... whatever" and back to my work I go...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.