T-shirt Dress that could easily work on men

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: T-shirt Dress that could easily work on men

Post by r.m.anderson »

Would be best if the colors are dark and or boldly screen printed like some beach wear "T" shirts worn as cover ups.
The HEM length deserves some caution when seated remember to cross the legs and close the gates to hell.
An alternative is to have a lengthy "A" frame off the natural (belly button/navel) waist to avoid the proportionate
increase in size south of that waist point that is not part of the HIPS ! Maturity has a way gravitating in that direction.
These long in length "T" shirts can be found on Ebay and in season at a beach wear shop also at screen printing shops.
You can get them in plain white or solid colors before the screen printing is done.

eightofnine has a very close resemblance to the beach cover up "T" shirt the neck line is a bit more open that I personally
care for. My preference is for a crew neck rather than the more oval (boatneck) design.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

eightofnine wrote:I bought some T shirt dresses from forever 21 ,there quiet comfortable and light .
That looks great, mate! :ugeek: What size is it?
JoePublic

Post by JoePublic »

eightofnine wrote:I bought some T shirt dresses from forever 21 ,there quiet comfortable and light .
I like your dress. Looks very nice.
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

JoePublic wrote:
I like your dress. Looks very nice.

thanks, its a small
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

It does look comfy and the price is great. I'm not a fan of the undulating hemline though and I would have to chop the hem and make it straight probably to knee length.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

I ordered one, it arrives tomorrow. :-)
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
DonaldG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by DonaldG »

Primark in the UK are currently selling a range of simple t-shirt dresses in various lengths, styles and colours - ideal for the summer! Very economical too - dress costs only 6 UK pounds, white canvas shoes 3 UK pounds, also from Primark.
44-07.jpg
43-54.jpg
dress with tshirt.jpg
Beware the dress sizing though. This is a UK 16 and is snug on me. I normally take a 12 or 14 in skirts and t-shirts. I also bought one in black, but in a size 18, and it’s a bit baggy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

They look fine Donald, functional and nothing flash, and seem comfy on. If I'm over at Primark I'll look them up but with Primark's marketing policy by that time the'll probably have sold them all and been replaced with summat else. They don't seem to have the concept of long production runs in their corporate vision. I know what you mean though about Primark sizing - I think they base their sizes on Asian standards. I generally have to buy at least one size up from what I normally wear. I bought a skirt recently and had to buy an 18 whilst I am normally a 14/16 and it's still a bit snug but I plan on losing a few pounds.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Such dresses that I have, are worn instead of pyjamas in mornings and evenings.
Some are maxi-length, some are T-shirt dresses from places such as Primark, H+M etc.
There are a few places now that sell men's long line T-shirts which are pretty much T-shirt dresses in all but name. They're cheaper on continental Europe than Mainland Britain. I've picked up 3 this year from Bershka in Spain for around £8-9 each.