The Purpose For Preparation

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Purpose For Preparation

Post by Sinned »

I'm five eight and currently 175 pounds but dropping a pound or two here and there. When I met MOH 42 years ago I used to do a lot of long-distance running and training and, would you believe it, I weighed 105 pounds. By the time I married her a year later I had stopped the running and weighed 112 pounds. I do admit that I was over skinny then. I have a pair of casual trousers still from that era with I think a 24 waist and I don't think I could get the trousers over my calves now let alone my thighs. Just shows how much fat I'm carrying.

Incidentally I've come across the LCHF - Low Carbohydrate High Fat diet on the Diabetic UK website. The idea is to get the calories for energy from fat instead of sugars which for diabetics like myself is preferable.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

As I sit here writing this in my 5-9", 23 pound (D'OH! 230 pound, Thanks Beachlion) frame, clad in my standard work outfit which I think of as "Dress casual variant B" (black shoes, khaki style trousers, polo shirt), I can't help but agree on the extra time required when working outside the uniform standards. The act of dressing changes. It becomes an expression of creativity. The act of choosing, coordinating, and accessorizing an outfit takes on a process akin to creating a work of art. Venturing out into the world at large becomes an exercise in marketing that creativity, your sense of self, courage, and most importantly freedom.
Last edited by kingfish on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

kingfish wrote:As I sit here writing this in my 5-9", 23 pound frame, ......
You better put some weight in your trouser pockets, you might be blowen away in the wind with your 23 pound. :)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

kingfish wrote:[...] I can't help but agree on the extra time required when working outside the uniform standards. The act of dressing changes. It becomes an expression of creativity. The act of choosing, coordinating, and accessorizing an outfit takes on a process akin to creating a work of art. Venturing out into the world at large becomes an exercise in marketing that creativity, your sense of self, courage, and most importantly freedom.
indeed, and I agree on all counts. More that that, however, I now find getting dressed in the morning to be a more enjoyable exercise than it was when I was confined to uniform. Back then, it was get into the same bits of drab every morning, day in and day out with no variance to ease the tedium; nowadays I actually have to exert some thought on the process, which, for me at least, is always pleasurable. (The other nice thing is that the finer fabrics simply feel better on the skin than the standard "masculine" fare.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!