Shirt dress on sale

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Shirt dress on sale

Post by Gordon »

I found this shirt dress on sale and with the discount code it was less than $28 with shipping.

http://m.roamans.com/clothing/Safari-Dr ... yleNo=1092

Discount code:
RD61602
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Shirt dress on sale

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Looks really nice. How does it fit? I bought a shirt dress a while back and it just did not hang right for me.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Fred in Skirts wrote:Looks really nice. How does it fit? I bought a shirt dress a while back and it just did not hang right for me.
Just ordered it today.
Namaste,
Gordon
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

A denim/chambray shirtdress from Target online was one of the first dresses I bought. Very comfortable. And it fits well.

Fred, I'd suggest you keep looking and try it on before you buy. A lot depends on how it's cut.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Too long for me - I prefer knee length or just above with a straight hem. I am on the lookout for one but haven't seen one with the right style and the right price.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sinned wrote:Too long for me - I prefer knee length or just above with a straight hem. I am on the lookout for one but haven't seen one with the right style and the right price.
Me too. I imagine a light material shirt-dress/tunic would be good in hot weather as it is not constrained about the waist - but above knee.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I'm fairly good with a sewing machine. So I can shorten it if I deem it necessary. I can also take in a side seem here and there to make it fit better. For the price I couldn't not.
Namaste,
Gordon
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Got the shirt dress today. It fits well, I guessed correctly! Yahoo. It's the first time I've ever ordered a dress from the web. We all know how womens sizes aren't standardized.

It does need a belt in my opinion. I've got a few thinner ones that should work. I'll try to remember to get a picture after it's washed and ironed.
Namaste,
Gordon