A dress for all men

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A dress for all men

Post by hoborob »

But it only takes one good shot Oldsalt..........
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

A funny post, O.S. Judging by the widely differing backgrounds you must have been a long way over ten paces apart. At that presumed range your young blood at right would also miss by miles with that little shooter.

For half a Century now I've been a tad too beefy to look decent in an LBD, so I don't try !

Intrigued by the interior shots of 'Loren' I downloaded and adjusted the light value. Hey Presto, the Jacket & mini against the lights are heavily brocaded silver/anthracite and the light sleeveless tunic/dress is two-tone. There also appears to be a drape of near-transparent chiffon or similar down the arms

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Kirbstone wrote:Intrigued by the interior shots of 'Loren' I downloaded and adjusted the light value. Hey Presto, the Jacket & mini against the lights are heavily brocaded silver/anthracite and the light sleeveless tunic/dress is two-tone. There also appears to be a drape of near-transparent chiffon or similar down the arms
Yea, I did that too, hoping to get more detail on the jacket-and-hose outfit. Like, is he wearing just a jacket of is there a short skirt under there? But for me, at least, lightening up and zooming in just showed a lot of grain and no real detail.

This guy certainly has a bold look, though, and it's interesting how he can wear heels, stockings, a dress, and makeup and still be obviously male. He certainly brings it off.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Caultron wrote:Like, is he wearing just a jacket of is there a short skirt under there? But for me, at least, lightening up and zooming in just showed a lot of grain and no real detail.
Yes, there's a short skirt under the brocade jacket. Not much, mind, but it's there, likely just to show the slit at the leg.
This guy certainly has a bold look, though, and it's interesting how he can wear heels, stockings, a dress, and makeup and still be obviously male. He certainly brings it off.
It could just as easily be a very butch, very skinny woman (who doesn't know how to hold a pistol). This, to my eye, is androgeny done entirely wrong. Well done, it can be compelling, but, like jazz and scat, there's a very sharp line between "good" and "WTF?" -- and that line is nowhere near the middle; it's either very good, or it tends to be garbage with precious little in between.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Oldsalt, your "shot out" shot was hilarious!

:lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

crfriend wrote:It could just as easily be a very butch, very skinny woman (who doesn't know how to hold a pistol). This, to my eye, is androgeny done entirely wrong. Well done, it can be compelling, but, like jazz and scat, there's a very sharp line between "good" and "WTF?" -- and that line is nowhere near the middle; it's either very good, or it tends to be garbage with precious little in between.
You're right, the dividing line is very narrow, and to my eye this guy is perilously close.

But I like his look and his attitude and I wish I could bring it off. It helps that he's so thin.

I wonder how often he dresses like that on an everyday basis.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron