Fingernails

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Fingernails

Post by dillon »

Those are some pricey polishes, Stevie! I get mine off the discount shelves at Target, lol. Anytime they discontinue a color by a brand name, you can find a good deal there. The "Hipster" polish was like $1.50.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

dillon wrote:Those are some pricey polishes, Stevie! I get mine off the discount shelves at Target, lol. Anytime they discontinue a color by a brand name, you can find a good deal there. The "Hipster" polish was like $1.50.
I know! I wouldn't bother with that particular brand. I expect they think they can get away with it just because it's marketed as special (i.e. aimed at men) therefore implying it must be different in some ways from the 'ordinary' (and cheaper) women's products. It's actually the same stuff, of course. :D
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
SkirtedWelshman

Post by SkirtedWelshman »

Painted fingernails are fabulous. I got into them as a way to stop biting them. Clear polish at first, then subtle natural colour. Now I go for bold. Had loads of positive comments. I wear kilts, makeup, earrings and polish. I am male and present as male, whatever that is. As other members have said, it definitely means you take more pride in your appearance. Which I think, is a good thing.

Martin :D
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

SkirtedWelshman wrote:Painted fingernails are fabulous. I got into them as a way to stop biting them. Clear polish at first, then subtle natural colour. Now I go for bold. Had loads of positive comments. I wear kilts, makeup, earrings and polish. I am male and present as male, whatever that is. As other members have said, it definitely means you take more pride in your appearance. Which I think, is a good thing.

I started the same way. I would bite and chew on my nails really badly. Had my first manicure with clear only. Haven't chewed on my nails since. That was about 3 years ago. Then started with nude neutral colors for a long while. I liked it, and it's progressed to what you see pictured in my original post.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

SkirtedWelshman wrote:Painted fingernails are fabulous. I got into them as a way to stop biting them. Clear polish at first, then subtle natural colour. Now I go for bold. Had loads of positive comments. I wear kilts, makeup, earrings and polish. I am male and present as male, whatever that is. As other members have said, it definitely means you take more pride in your appearance. Which I think, is a good thing.

There, I fixed that for you.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Biting fingernails is a sure way to get worms. And if you trimmed them weekly, there would not be enough to bite.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

dillon wrote:Biting fingernails is a sure way to get worms. And if you trimmed them weekly, there would not be enough to bite.
That's only if you work in environments where the are worms to start with. I also find that there's enough growth to nibble on after a couple of days. I wish my hair grew that fast!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

I find that keeping fingernails well-trimmed helps when playing my electric bass. :D

Not to say that a thin layer of clear polish on top wouldn't look good, either. Eureka! Do both! :lol: