Masculinely feminine or femininely masculine?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Masculinely feminine or femininely masculine?

Post by skirtyscot »

oldsalt1 wrote:Am I wrong but third one looks a lot like moonshadow if it is it is one of his best pictures
"Best" is rather unfair to him, but I did wonder at first if it was him. Nice neat haircut there, Moon!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Couya wrote:Nothing there that I would wear.
Oh come now Martin... why I bet you'd look just darling in a pretty little wedding dress! :lol: :lol: :P
:rofl:

:hide:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

Boy the love here....You can cut it with a battle-axe...... :hide: :silenced: :troll:
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

This may be a little off topic but hoborob gets my award for the best I guess they call it avatar do you have the rest of the photo LOL
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

Don't I wish. To bad the avatar is just a photo I found on the web somewhere many moons ago that I simply like. Especially the sheer bra. :D
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

BTW I am also known as the lens killer. Too many have shattered when pointed in my general direction.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

The avatar is definitely not what I imagine when I think of hoborob, by the username... hobo - rob.

Not sure if he'd be the kid or the pumpkin head! :lol: :lol:

:lol:

:hide: :rofl:

Okay gents... I gotta get ready for work.... (before I get my ass beat!)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

moonshadow wrote:Nothing says "man" like a buzz cut and a cigarette.
Nix on the cigarette! These days, isn't a cigarette a negative element?
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

hoborob wrote:BTW I am also known as the lens killer. Too many have shattered when pointed in my general direction.
I got the same problem I have posted a lot of pictures. I think that they would all be improved I f I could just cut them off right above the neck
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Couya »

Thank you, Moon. Yes, I am I sure I would have looked adorable dressed like that 60 years ago !

Referring to the thread title :
What about "neutrally neutral"? I think that would sum me up quite nicely.

Martin #1 (to distinguish me from the Welsh laddie from Suffolk)
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Tossing in my two cents worth:

Picture 1: This doesn't do anything for me. The buzzcut is no big deal, I often wear my hair short, but the cigarette was a nonstarter, and the denim jacket was just wrong with that gown. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was wearing combat boots or Doc Maartens under the dress.

Picture 2: While the dress looks nice from the front, all that skin showing on the side and in back I personally find alarming. I'll pass on that.

Picture 3: This is my clear cut favorite. I'd wear that dress in a New York minute, but with a sexy pair of black spike heels instead. Very nice indeed.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

I think I'm too "round" to do a dress well. Or it's just the clearance dress I thought I'd try. :D

But I like these: Torrid skirt, long-sleeved polo shirt under a Lane Bryant jacket.
TorridJacket.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

And a more open look with the same outfit as above:
TorridOpenJacket.jpg
I've a black and a gray jacket for flexibility. Basically, I think this jacket and it's twin (both size 28) work better with both skirts and kilts than my usual jackets and blazers (in 48R). Having lost 10 pounds so far I hope to be replacing them with more svelte outfits in the near future. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

None of the three float my boat, I'm afraid. Too feminine for me, and they all put appearance way above practicality. Mind you, one could say the same about high heels, but while I'm happy with a small element being all about aesthetics, a whopping big dress is too far for me.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Nor for me. I'm not against dresses but the skirt part was far too full and the second one with the split sides would have been far more suited to females.

BTW I can't get away with anything. It is a charity weekend at the store Friday to Monday and today I was persuaded to wear an elf outfit, which is basically a dress with ragged hem, with hat. Half green/half red and purple tights that I had put on under my trousers as it has been a very cold day with a biting wind. Normally MOH doesn't get anywhere near the store because of traffic yet today she decides to visit and sees me in it. It was very, very busy so I didn't see her. So what did I get greeted with when she gets home, "Why were you wearing a pixie outfit at work?" Since by wearing the outfit I raised well over £100 for charity ( didn't have chance to count it ) I think I did well and our customers were very generous. I'll have another stab at it on Monday only this time I will wear some more exotic tights that match the colour of the outfit. Once I got over the initial few minutes I ended up really enjoying myself. I will ask for the costume at the end of Monday and if I get it then I will try and get a photo. 8)
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.