Masculinely feminine or femininely masculine?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Masculinely feminine or femininely masculine?

Post by JeffB1959 »

Sinned wrote:Moon, all that's missing from the pic is the SWORD. An enormous two handed Claymore wielded overhead would top it off.

Judah, I've seen pics of outfits like this before but can't remember what the genre is called. Very little-girlish, sort of Strawberry Shortcakeish. Not sure if it's really feminine either - sort of too OTT really. Not to my taste.
The genre is goth-loli, short for gothic lolita, a staple of anime and cosplayers at anime/manga conventions. That pic is a bit outlandish for my conservative fashion taste, still, it looks cool.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The canine does seem to be looking ahead rather intently with that little bubble above its head showing a juicy leg bone. LOL.

As for the anime, goth-loli or whatever ( thanks trainspotter and Jeff ), the look is cutish but I don't know, can't put my finger on what I don't like. A bit Alice in Wonderlandish. The hair I like especially the colour and the frills are cute but it's the overall look that just doesn't quite gel with me. I can only repeat that it's just too OTT.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Masculinely feminine or femininely masculine? It is down to ones perception and preference especially these days with the choices and demands many make in appearance.

I would not like any of the three photos on page one. Third one if had to choose, but I like my arms covered and the lengths longer. I certainly do not like the the styles depicted in the picture on 16-01-17 on Judah14 post. That is very OTT just like the styles for men that appear on the fashion catwalks. Then these are my preferences, others differ.

l will stick with the every day styles that I wear by invading the female wardrobe. Pictures on my website.

As often said each to their own, if no harm being done.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I'd never wear any of those first three styles either, but to each his own.

The fact that someone likes or dislikes a certain style shouldn't be taken as criticism of anyone else's choices.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron