Been going out more

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Been going out more

Post by Bamaskirting »

Lately I've been going out more and more in skirts. And if not a skirt I've been enjoying the comfort of cropped yoga leggings. And my jeans from other side of isle. Definitely more of freestyle look with women's bottoms but with a t-shirt for top.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Been going out more

Post by JeffB1959 »

Good for you. I hope you'll enjoy your experiences out in public.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

I do. I love it
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

It gets easier. You don't have to rush but soon you will be looking for new places to go in your skirts. I have gone quite a few places . By biggest short fall is restaurants. Yes I have gone into a few MC Donalds and a deli and one diner but no real restaurants.. Tomorrow I have an appointment with a new Doctor for my annual checkup Going to do it in a skirt. enjoy
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Restaurants are easy. Everywhere is easy. Just be friendly, show confidence, and do it.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Caultron wrote: Everywhere is easy.
Agreed!

Fellas, there really is nothing to fear. Just express confidence in what you wear and you'll be fine. Always smile and be polite. Don't hang your head in shame...

In the "Moons Phases V2" thread, you'll notice that often times I post photos of places I am. Some of these photos do not have me in the picture, but the point of the photo is I took the photo while in the skirt. It illustrates the type of places I go while wearing skirts, and I'm happy to post them here to provide real encouragement to the guys who have yet to venture out much past their driveway.

There is only one active member here who lives in what's probably a worse area than I as for as tolerance goes, and that's the OP (bamaskirting), but having never been down there myself I can only make assumptions. I know in my neck of the woods, people tend to be very conservative. However despite them being conservative, I believe that most, and by most I mean 999,999/1,000,000 respect our right to be as we want as long as we're not being obnoxious. And when you think about it, that generally goes for everything. Just don't be obnoxious! If you have an obnoxious personality it doesn't matter what you're wearing, you're going to run into resistance.

I wear my flamboyant skirts (I don't even own a kilt) everywhere on the weekends, from the more liberal minded places like Target, to places like Walmart and other national stores, to small mom and pop gas stations and restaurants in places where the phone doesn't pickup and Dixie flies on every flag pole.

Be a gentleman. Nod your head and utter a "how are ya" when you pass by people. Hold the doors for folks. Cut up and carry on with checkers and people standing in lines...

Make an effort to not only become comfortable in wearing what you want, but also to show the world that we're normal people, not creepy. We're kind, polite, civilized, and well behaved. It's the best thing we can do for the "men in skirts" movement! :wink:

And if you do encounter any resistance (it does sometimes happen), remember, just be a gentleman. Kindly walk away. Also, don't be quick to take offense and call out people who don't understand. Try to make them see reason. If they refuse, just walk away. Never waste more than five minutes or so trying to convert a bigot, chances are you're just wasting your time, and it may lead to tempers flaring, which could lead to physical confrontations. Walk away. Just don't hang your head... never ever ever hang you head. Always hold your head up and smile! Bigotry is their problem NOT YOURS. Don't let them steal your sunshine! :flower:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

moonshadow wrote:...Make an effort to not only become comfortable in wearing what you want, but also to show the world that we're normal people, not creepy. We're kind, polite, civilized, and well behaved. It's the best thing we can do for the "men in skirts" movement!...
Exactly.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

This coming weekend Moon and Jenn will be with me on the University of South Carolina campus (GO GAMECOCKS) while they are visiting. :dance: I know that two of the three will be skirted. In fact I will be wearing a skirt all weekend, we hope to visit several local sites and museums and some local restaurants as well. Looking forward to some good music as well :boohoo: I am looking forward to the weekend it is going to be fun :!: :!:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Franinskirts wrote:This coming weekend Moon and Jenn will be with me on the University of South Carolina campus (GO GAMECOCKS) while they are visiting. :dance:
To crib a line from one of my wing-men -- "Have fun!"

Wish I could be there, but am sick at home at the moment. Blah.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Carl, Sorry to hear you're sick at home at the moment.

Here's something to cheer you up: :)

I'm stepping aboard LaBoheme on Sunday next at Enkhuizen on the Ijsselmeer for a week's sailing, shanty singing & whistle-blowing. Lubrication necessary, of course.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

crfriend wrote:To crib a line from one of my wing-men -- "Have fun!"
Wish I could be there, but am sick at home at the moment. Blah.
I am sorry to hear about your illness. :( I hope you get better soon. :thumright: We will keep you in mind as well go from one place to another on our skirted tour of some of the fun things to do in and around Aiken, SC and Augusta, GA. :pint: :toast: :dance: :boohoo:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

restaurants is the only place I don't go. I shop a lot. that's why I usually wear while shopping. usually it's hobby lobby and Home Depot. now the leggings I wear more places. it is super redneck down here. only places off limits to me is the mall and my Walmart that's a couple miles down the road. I just feel it's best to stay away from there. anywhere else is pretty much game to me.
but I'm a lot more comfortable going out for sure. and I don't hesitate as much to get out of car.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Bamaskirting wrote:restaurants is the only place I don't go. I shop a lot. that's why I usually wear while shopping. usually it's hobby lobby and Home Depot. now the leggings I wear more places. it is super redneck down here. only places off limits to me is the mall and my Walmart that's a couple miles down the road. I just feel it's best to stay away from there. anywhere else is pretty much game to me.
but I'm a lot more comfortable going out for sure. and I don't hesitate as much to get out of car.
Sounds like good progress!

Keep at it!

caultron
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Bamaskirting wrote:restaurants is the only place I don't go. I shop a lot. that's why I usually wear while shopping. usually it's hobby lobby and Home Depot. now the leggings I wear more places. it is super redneck down here. only places off limits to me is the mall and my Walmart that's a couple miles down the road. I just feel it's best to stay away from there. anywhere else is pretty much game to me.
Well, you gotta do what you think is best. I do believe you'll find it's probably not as bad as you think. I've been in a few walmarts skirted. Thing is, it's almost like it's expected to be "different" at walmart.
crfriend wrote:Wish I could be there, but am sick at home at the moment. Blah.
I'm not feeling quite up to par myself today. Just hit me around lunch time. Tired, achy feeling, chills, etc. Hopefully it will clear up by the weekend.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

moonshadow wrote:
Caultron wrote: Everywhere is easy.
Agreed!

Fellas, there really is nothing to fear. Just express confidence in what you wear and you'll be fine. Always smile and be polite. Don't hang your head in shame...

In the "Moons Phases V2" thread, you'll notice that often times I post photos of places I am. Some of these photos do not have me in the picture, but the point of the photo is I took the photo while in the skirt. It illustrates the type of places I go while wearing skirts, and I'm happy to post them here to provide real encouragement to the guys who have yet to venture out much past their driveway.

There is only one active member here who lives in what's probably a worse area than I as for as tolerance goes, and that's the OP (bamaskirting), but having never been down there myself I can only make assumptions. I know in my neck of the woods, people tend to be very conservative. However despite them being conservative, I believe that most, and by most I mean 999,999/1,000,000 respect our right to be as we want as long as we're not being obnoxious. And when you think about it, that generally goes for everything. Just don't be obnoxious! If you have an obnoxious personality it doesn't matter what you're wearing, you're going to run into resistance.

I wear my flamboyant skirts (I don't even own a kilt) everywhere on the weekends, from the more liberal minded places like Target, to places like Walmart and other national stores, to small mom and pop gas stations and restaurants in places where the phone doesn't pickup and Dixie flies on every flag pole.

Be a gentleman. Nod your head and utter a "how are ya" when you pass by people. Hold the doors for folks. Cut up and carry on with checkers and people standing in lines...

Make an effort to not only become comfortable in wearing what you want, but also to show the world that we're normal people, not creepy. We're kind, polite, civilized, and well behaved. It's the best thing we can do for the "men in skirts" movement! :wink:

And if you do encounter any resistance (it does sometimes happen), remember, just be a gentleman. Kindly walk away. Also, don't be quick to take offense and call out people who don't understand. Try to make them see reason. If they refuse, just walk away. Never waste more than five minutes or so trying to convert a bigot, chances are you're just wasting your time, and it may lead to tempers flaring, which could lead to physical confrontations. Walk away. Just don't hang your head... never ever ever hang you head. Always hold your head up and smile! Bigotry is their problem NOT YOURS. Don't let them steal your sunshine! :flower:
Well said. I agree with everything you said!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.