Do you like Tunics?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Uncle Al

Do you like Tunics?

Post by Uncle Al »

I get email notifications from Zulily about various clothing sales.
If anyone is interested in Tunics, THIS LINK will get you to
several choices, some of which would work great on a guy :!: :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Do you like Tunics?

Post by crfriend »

A good pal of mine in Providence wears tunics a lot of the time. He's expressed interest in skirts in the past, but can't seem to get over the hump.

Of course watching me be a prat today and not only stepping on the hem of my aquamarine summer-skirt, darn near pulling it off my carcass in the process, and then bouncing off a VAX when I nearly fell over from tripping on the hem probably did not help. No skirts, computers, or humans were harmed in the process -- only modesty and decorum.

Of the images in the linked page above, a couple looked compelling -- and I might have considered buying one of them had the site not demanded an e-mail address (which would have resulted in junk-mail) or a login. Fail. Likely they lost a sale. The bell-sleeved lace one looked pretty good if it had a lining (and since the pop-up blocked the image I could not tell).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

crfriend wrote:A good pal of mine in Providence wears tunics a lot of the time.
He's expressed interest in skirts in the past, but can't seem to get over the hump.
..snip..
The bell-sleeved lace one looked pretty good if it had a lining (and since the pop-up
blocked the image I could not tell).
This might work for you, too. When the site 1st came up for me, I had the same
pop-up. I clicked where I thought the close window button would be but nothing
happened. I clicked on the main screen, next to the vertical scroll bar, on the
right side of my screen. The pop-up went away.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
jazbell

Post by jazbell »

Those tunics are nice, I find it hard to get one that is long enough.
For the pop-up, I run my own email server (like Hillary) and I can put in a temporary address to see how much spam I get in the next month or so. Then delete the address. :)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

jazbell wrote:Those tunics are nice, I find it hard to get one that is long enough.
I put in a bogus e-mail address (and password) just so I could get a look at the imagery and sizes, and quite like lots of the designs. The question for me is mainly whether I could find something that'd fit my shoulders and be long enough in the sleeves.
For the pop-up, I run my own email server (like Hillary) and I can put in a temporary address to see how much spam I get in the next month or so. Then delete the address. :)
Hah! I should try that here. I suspect that the ISP we've got blocks outbound port 25 (wisely) but don't know if they block it inbound. I'll have to try some experiments. I'll need to find a round tuit, however, and those seem to be rarer than hens' teeth at the moment.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I also used a bogus email, even found that the first bogus email I tried already existed!

Anyway, there were a few items that I found of interest there, but nothing my size. The fact is that skirts are easily adaptable from female to male, but tops not so much. If I had the patience or skill to sew, I'd try and duplicate some of the looks but tailor them to a male torso.

Of course, most had the same issues, in addition to size, that make me reject 99% of women's tops; they are either tailored to enhance the bust, which to me looks absolutely bizarre for a man to wear; or have spaghetti straps, again making no sense for a man's body; or they are designed more "frilly" than my stomach can tolerate; or are in bright floral fabrics not to my personal taste.

But some styles in that catalog, if they fit, would be of interest to me. I wish I could duplicate them to fit my body type and size. It is definitely food for thought, and something that I had not much considered. Thanks for sharing that, Al.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
mikel

Post by mikel »

Definitely like the styles. However, what size would best accommodate a mans broad shoulders Large or Plus?
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Could be an interesting style to wear over leggings, stretch pants or a maxi skirt. Some are long enough to be dresses.

http://www.shukronline.com/mens-shirts. ... #sortblock
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...