Earrings!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
wsherman
Member Extraordinaire

Earrings!

Post by wsherman »

Hello all!

21 years ago there about I have my right ear pierced for one stud. Since that time that one piercing has grown to four and it one time three on each side. I have enjoyed wearing studs and small hoops. I'm considering now returning to three on each side from the two that I have now and look forward to being able to wear some very nice diamond studs that can to get lost in the lower piercing because of their small size but I feel will stand out nicely in the upper third piercing position.
I was thinking what are your what are your favorite earrings to wear and how many holes do you have in your ears? Do you enjoy the larger hoops or do you tend to stay with studs or hoops that hug the ear?

I look forward to hearing your views and learning about how you wear your ear rings with your skirts and outfits.

Take care and have a grand day!
Bill answer Brinkley the exuberant
"In a logical world men would ride sidesaddle." The Late Paul Harvey

I.D.I.C. "Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination" Vulcan philosophy from Star Trek TOS
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Earrings!

Post by skirted_in_SF »

I just have one piercing in each earlobe (I had them done the summer after I turned 55, nine years ago). I have a collection of studs that I wear everyday - diamonds in a three sizes, rubys, blue sapphires, London blue topaz, garnet, pink tourmaline, lapis and some pink sapphires in a diamond heart shaped mounting. Weekdays I wear to pair to coordinate with my tie, weekends to coordinate with whatever top I'm wearing. I also have about a half dozen pair of drop earrings that match various necklace/bracelet sets I've had made. Those are weekend wear only.
Hmm, for some reason whenever I find a new interest I always seem to carry it to excess. :shock:
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

I have 2 piercings in the left ear. A diamond stud and a small silver ring.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Three one-inch 14-gauge niobium hoops on the left, one on the right. I almost never take them out.

I used to have three on each side but developed keloids around two on the right, and after the surgery to remove them the holes grew over. Since then, I've been hesitant about getting re-pierced in the same spot.

I do think about getting more, though, probably a stud on each side. Or two. Or three.

This is all body-piercing / grunge / goth style, though, nothing really feminine. But I did originally buy plain styles from the women's department when I started out some 25 years ago.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Reaper_Man
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Reaper_Man »

i have 2 piercings in each ear and i wear a variety of earrings depending on the attire at the time (nights out etc), however my current day to day earrings are a pair of 50mm silver hoops in each ear (see pic)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scooterskirt

Post by scooterskirt »

I have 3 in each ear, I wear whatever seems good for the day. Hoops, studs, whatever.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

My girlfriend pierced mine in 1984...But due to my work after 1986, I let them grow back. When I retire I will pierce them again. This time I will make my own earrings... using small seashells I have been collecting over that past three years..."jingles" to be exact.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/246658936/ ... hgodOFgHWA

https://www.etsy.com/listing/220950139/ ... =related-3
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
wsherman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by wsherman »

Well good day all!
Well I went and did it had two brand-new holes installed yesterday so this morning there's the usual bit of soreness , But not bad.
Reaper man 50 mm wow that's larger than anything I've ever worn my max is 20 mm and those are brand-new to me.

I must make a correction to my first post I said that my first piercing was in my right here opens I was wrong, My wife reminded me that it was my left ear that was the first piercing. Sigh, some days my forget her works far better than my remember!
My favorite pair of studs are Garnet just that were bought for me by my wife for our 40th anniversary and that was three years ago. My favorite dangles are hoops that I recently bought from Amazon which feature hinge that allows you to open the air ring up slide it into your ear and then Clickett shot. Those are the one that I mentioned earlier that are 20 mm and now I have them also and a 16mm, they're a bit heavy but feel good in the years. They have a hook on the end of the wire that goes through the piercing that makes it a bit fun to get them through the whole but once in there's a nice solid click when they close and let you know that they're secure. I have found them very comfortable to sleep in.
I've enjoyed the post so far and hope to hear more from everyone here at the café!
Everyone have a good day and take care out there!
Bill and serve Brinkley the exuberant my Leader Dog!
"In a logical world men would ride sidesaddle." The Late Paul Harvey

I.D.I.C. "Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination" Vulcan philosophy from Star Trek TOS
bobmoore

Post by bobmoore »

One in each lobe. I like glittery studs like citrine, pale sapphires, peridot, and so forth. I also like hoops in the 15-20mm range, and modest drops. I've tried huggies, but they are too awkward for me to insert, and they tend to be rough on the hole.
"You can lead a liberal to truth, but you can't make it think."
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I've not got any piercings, and I figure at my age I may as well leave it that way. I've got a pal with pierced ears, and he frequently wears a "dangler" with a small feather that's pretty cool looking but I just don't see it for myself.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I had a childhood phobia of needles and thus never had my ears pierced. I actually seem to recall childhood statements like "glad I'm not a girl so I won't be expected to have my ears pierced"... :lol: Looking back now I realize that was a pretty asinine thing to say... but hey... how many of you were truly enlightened at the age of 9? :D

If I wanted my ears pierced, you all should know by now I'd not settle for the studs that are common on men anyway. I'd go whole hog and get enormous 80's style hoops!

But I must go with Carl on this one... at this juncture I have no desire for it, made it this far without it, and will just stay that way. I generally don't like to modify my actual body, that's why I also don't have any tattoos and I have never dyed my hair.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
bobmoore

Post by bobmoore »

moonshadow wrote:
I have never dyed my hair.
I didn't have to dye mine. It died on its own.
"You can lead a liberal to truth, but you can't make it think."
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

bobmoore wrote:
moonshadow wrote:
I have never dyed my hair.

I didn't have to dye mine. It died on its own.

I am in the same boat! :lol:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Reaper_Man
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Reaper_Man »

wsherman wrote:Reaper man 50 mm wow that's larger than anything I've ever worn my max is 20 mm
moonshadow wrote:If I wanted my ears pierced, you all should know by now I'd not settle for the studs that are common on men anyway. I'd go whole hog and get enormous 80's style hoops!
i have several sets of hoops including enormous 80's style ones that have a diameter of 80mm

i also have these huge pentagram earrings which are also 80mm diameter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I pierced my right lobe when I was in my 20's. Not that I'm in my 60's, about 3 years ago I added 3 piercings for a total of 2 in each ear. I've been thinking about adding another in each. I agree that the smaller studs would look better in the top of 3 rather that the bottom. I wear mainly studs but do have a couple of pair of danglies. I don't have any real diamonds, but a few are CZ's.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon