Another fun day at goodwill

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Another fun day at goodwill

Post by Bamaskirting »

Added 3 more skirts to the collection for $1 each. A couple pair of work pants and some jeans made for the other half. And I learned I can squeeze in a size 4. Had no idea that could happen. But it feels really nice to own three new(to me) skirts! Soon I'll have some shoes
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Another fun day at goodwill

Post by Kilty »

It's such a great feeling dropping a skirt size ♡ though with some designers I'm sure they deliberately make them too big or too small. I am a UK10, or 12 depending on the designer... :oops: Post a pic of your purchases :wink: I am glad you decided to stick with skirts :wink:
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

kilty wrote:It's such a great feeling dropping a skirt size ♡ though with some designers I'm sure they deliberately make them too big or too small. I am a UK10, or 12 depending on the designer... :oops: Post a pic of your purchases :wink: I am glad you decided to stick with skirts :wink:
I never meant that I was going to quit entirely. I just typed my thoughts wrong. just meant taking a little time off. yeah size 8-10 is my size. the size 4 were Levi's jeans. they tight but they were so nice I bought them anyways. skirts are of course the most comfortable. but I've found that for me, tight jeans are more comfortable than loose.

I've been meaning to take pictures of my last skirts I bought. but I don't want to take them in my bedroom. I want to go outside and take them. I must get on that asap
kstny

Post by kstny »

i never shopped in thrift stores untill i moved to LA 6 years ago...now, everything i own, wear and shoot pics of is from thrift stores!...

except my shoes, i wear an 11 or 12, and those r just too hard to find, i get them retail...

but everything else, including belts and accessories r from thrift stores!.. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Aside from the economics of thrift stores, they are excellent for male converts to the skirt since they allow us to "catch up" on past styles that women would have bought from new. As each "new season" range arrives, the choices change but are still quite limited (all in perspective) so having items from past seasons available is excellent. We might have picked them up at the time had we known about the choices and comfort.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

kstny wrote:i never shopped in thrift stores untill i moved to LA 6 years ago...now, everything i own, wear and shoot pics of is from thrift stores!...

except my shoes, i wear an 11 or 12, and those r just too hard to find, i get them retail...

but everything else, including belts and accessories r from thrift stores!.. :)
It's great. Especially when you get 10 for 10. The jeans I got today we're top notch. One pair was worth 10 on its own