Guess I won't be wearing a skirt anymore

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Guess I won't be wearing a skirt anymore

Post by Bamaskirting »

Thanks to all the backlash in Alabama about the transcended bathroom issues, I don't think I'll be going out in a skirt anymore. I think that's setting us all back. We may not be transcender but society mostly sees skirts as attire for female. I don't know. Just will have to see. If I go out I'm carrying a very large knife.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Guess I won't be wearing a skirt anymore

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Bamaskirting wrote:Thanks to all the backlash in Alabama about the transcended bathroom issues, I don't think I'll be going out in a skirt anymore. I think that's setting us all back. We may not be transcender but society mostly sees skirts as attire for female. I don't know. Just will have to see. If I go out I'm carrying a very large knife.
I would prefer a very large gun instead of a knife. Never bring a knife to a gun fight!! :lol:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

If you live in an area that's backward enough to make you feel the need to carry weaponry, all I can say is, "Move."
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

crfriend wrote:If you live in an area that's backward enough to make you feel the need to carry weaponry, all I can say is, "Move."

Carl it may not be an option! :(

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Maybe we should wear half a skirt and half shorts.................. what to call it :idea: I know lets call it a skort
Garth Evans

Post by Garth Evans »

This is very sad to me that in this time there are places so backward that a person can't wear what he wants. But I think its the case for all of us that there can be danger where ever we live. I live near San Francisco bit I know its not totally safe here except in some particular areas in the City. Our political climate right now is also challenging and folks are feeling its OK to express hatred outright. You're probably making a wise choice
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

RichardA wrote:Maybe we should wear half a skirt and half shorts.................. what to call it :idea: I know lets call it a skort
With that SKORT there is that perception about the need for the frontal Apron !
If it is a pair of shorts why the need for the Apron - If it is a skirt why the need for the shorts ?

I have quite a few skorts and like the way they fit and don't inhibit full movement like a skirt would.
Great when golfing or playing tennis or any other physical activity and the best part full modesty coverage - no bumps - the compression
under shorts take care of that pretty much; only issue is with light weight white or pastel colors. Wear tartan or dark printed pattern problem solved
and skorts are a heck of lot better than wearing those damn baggy crotch hanging crack revealing harem type pants - PERIOD I said that !

There is a definite need to get politics religion and morals out of the business of doing ones business - damn people telling me what to do and how to do it
in the privacy of any restroom.
I was thinking of a way to curtail any mischievous conduct in a restroom - that would be to have a klaxton horn alert with video record !
The victim activates the horn the video camera photos the embarrassed exiting perpetrator fade to court room scene with instant replay - sentence served
to do restroom business in full view of the public until such time as it is determined that that person is no longer a threat.

Enough of this Fig Leaf Circus - damn government and religious conservative radicals stay out of the and my restroom !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Bamaskirting wrote:Thanks to all the backlash in Alabama about the transcended bathroom issues, I don't think I'll be going out in a skirt anymore. I think that's setting us all back. We may not be transcender but society mostly sees skirts as attire for female. I don't know. Just will have to see. If I go out I'm carrying a very large knife.
This is your decision, but my advice is not to overreact.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
RADER

Post by RADER »

Now there is a great Idea; Wear a Skort, have short and have skirt.
When some one looks at you for wearing a skirt, just pull up the skirt to show off your shorts.
Maybe this will confuse them.
Rader
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

Garth Evans wrote:This is very sad to me that in this time there are places so backward that a person can't wear what he wants. But I think its the case for all of us that there can be danger where ever we live. I live near San Francisco bit I know its not totally safe here except in some particular areas in the City. Our political climate right now is also challenging and folks are feeling its OK to express hatred outright. You're probably making a wise choice
I haven't had a problem as of yet. skirts and t shirts and also yoga pants. I live in the deep Deep South. any farther and I'd be swimming in Mobile Bay. I just think I should probably give it a rest with the skirts for a month or so.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

crfriend wrote:If you live in an area that's backward enough to make you feel the need to carry weaponry, all I can say is, "Move."
it's always a good idea to be armed in Mobile Alabama. it's not that bad but things happen all the time here. for a small city it can get violent in a hurry. I've never had any problems but there is always that chance here. once we had a guy throw his five kids off the Dauphin Island bridge. I've spent 11 years in prison for a car accident. I know first hand how these people get down here
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

Caultron wrote:
This is your decision, but my advice is not to overreact.
I doubt I can stay away anyways. I'm too addicted. just a short break. I haven't been out in a skirt lately anyways. just started working and I work a lot of hours.
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Garth Evans wrote:Our political climate right now is also challenging and folks are feeling its OK to express hatred outright.
You've hit the nail on the head here, Gareth.

Since 2014/15 I have observed and commented upon social tensions, intolerance, abuse and hatred steadily fermenting to such a degree that the UK now seems to have an aura similar to 1930s Germany; conversely (at least at the recent outset) Germany had been displaying the "benevolent tolerance" (read UK's confidence of the last remnants of imperialism) of 1930s UK.

I think the USA is displaying similar trends to the UK, but as I don't live there and only see that which is reported in mainstream news, my knowledge is limited.

To Bamaskirting, if it doesn't feel either right, or safe, then it is probably wise to "cool it" for a while. Our own levels of confidence have much bearing on how we are accepted, tolerated or ostracised. It may be that the presidential elections are causing an outspill; they have quite a polarising effect (similar to UK elections) where adversarial politics are the order and especially in "first past the post" systems. Once they are over, and probably very much dependent upon who "wins", maybe things will improve and stability return.

Until then, to all, stay safe.
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

I posted a comment in the "What to do, What to do" thread about the time I spent in Montgomery, Alabama. Not a nice place to live in my opinion.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Disaffected.citizen wrote:...Since 2014/15 I have observed and commented upon social tensions, intolerance, abuse and hatred steadily fermenting to such a degree that the UK now seems to have an aura similar to 1930s Germany; conversely (at least at the recent outset) Germany had been displaying the "benevolent tolerance" (read UK's confidence of the last remnants of imperialism) of 1930s UK.

I think the USA is displaying similar trends to the UK, but as I don't live there and only see that which is reported in mainstream news, my knowledge is limited...
There's been a lot of progress toward tolerance of LGBT in the past few years, but that has also led to some backlash.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron