Guess I won't be wearing a skirt anymore

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Guess I won't be wearing a skirt anymore

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Good for you Bamaskirting.

Good to know that even in this crazy time you can feel ok doing that in Alabama.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Bamaskirting wrote:I did go out in my skirt today. A denim one. Felt nice to run around the craft store in that
What? You trying to get this thread back on topic? :shock:
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

skirted_in_SF wrote:What? You trying to get this thread back on topic? :shock:
Wore a burgundy utility kilt, black tights, and black 3" sandals to the state mental hospital today.

No one gave me a second look except one black woman, who was a nurse, and who enthusiastically said she liked my outfit.

I was there to visit my son.

And BTW, they did let me out.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

Damn another crazy one on the loose....Call the men in the white coats quick.......... :mrgreen:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

hoborob wrote:Damn another crazy one on the loose....Call the men in the white coats quick.
Too late.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Bamaskirting: In my humble opinion, the ONLY person who can stop you from wearing a skirt in public is YOU. Think about it.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

That is definitely true. But in South Alabama it is probably best to pick and choose where you go while skirted. I have been going back out in skirts. I'm unemployed again so I have time now.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

RADER wrote:Now there is a great Idea; Wear a Skort, have short and have skirt.
When some one looks at you for wearing a skirt, just pull up the skirt to show off your shorts.
Maybe this will confuse them.
Rader

Like this? Looks like a skirt from the front, and shorts from the back.
I bet this will really mess with peoples heads if I wear it out in public.
Wish I had some one to go out with a candid video camera, to see how people react.

Mishwakaskirt. @2wayskirt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

from the front.

Mishawakaskirt. @2wayskirt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

That's one example of a skort. My only skort, from Lands' End years ago before I graduated to real skirts, is a pair of tight fitting stretch shorts with a matching skirt all the way around. Quite short too. :shock:
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

Bamaskirting wrote:
crfriend wrote:If you live in an area that's backward enough to make you feel the need to carry weaponry, all I can say is, "Move."
it's always a good idea to be armed in Mobile Alabama. it's not that bad but things happen all the time here. for a small city it can get violent in a hurry. I've never had any problems but there is always that chance here. once we had a guy throw his five kids off the Dauphin Island bridge. I've spent 11 years in prison for a car accident. I know first hand how these people get down here

11 years for a car accident??!! That can't be right! I feel so bad for you Bama!
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

Mugs-n-such wrote:
Bamaskirting wrote:
crfriend wrote:If you live in an area that's backward enough to make you feel the need to carry weaponry, all I can say is, "Move."
it's always a good idea to be armed in Mobile Alabama. it's not that bad but things happen all the time here. for a small city it can get violent in a hurry. I've never had any problems but there is always that chance here. once we had a guy throw his five kids off the Dauphin Island bridge. I've spent 11 years in prison for a car accident. I know first hand how these people get down here

11 years for a car accident??!! That can't be right! I feel so bad for you Bama!
well someone was killed. but it was an accident. sad thing is i'm seeing rose cases nationwide not getting time. its sickening. on a positive note i never stopped with skirts- which is what this post was about!