Mutant Garments

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Milfmog

Re: Mutant Garments

Post by Milfmog »

crfriend wrote:
melsav wrote:It's not a jacket, it's not a dress, it's not a skirt, it's not pants, what the heck is It? :lol:
If memory serves -- and it may not -- I believe the name for it is a "craptin" because that's what it looks like happened.
Trousers like that were quite fashionable for the ladies while I was working in Barcelona a few years back. No one in the office wore them again after I invented that name and explained it to them :twisted:

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

That thing is a trip to the ER waiting to happen; no fashion trend should stop you from sensibly walking. Between the shoes and the britches I'd bet he doesn't get out the door before taking a header. In fact, if you look at his dazed face, I'm thinking he's already taken a hard rap to the noggin. :lol:
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

kilty, please tell us that you are joking. An April Fool early. I'd be more embarrassed wearing them than going out fully dressed as a female, wig, makeup and everything. And to pay so much for a fashion disaster. Nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooo. :oops: :cry:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Kilty, Do we need to call for the men in the white coats to take you away?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you really pay that much for such a horrific piece of crapola. The thought just boggles the mind.

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
thoth51

Post by thoth51 »

More of a harempantsonesiesuit, no?
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

kilty wrote:I have just ordered a Craptin... it was $450 but I will post pix when it arrives :lol:
I think there are several clues that Kilty is "pulling our legs".
1. $450
2. :lol:
3. Craptin...

But... please confirm Kilty.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Disaffected.citizen wrote:
kilty wrote:I have just ordered a Craptin... it was $450 but I will post pix when it arrives :lol:
I think there are several clues that Kilty is "pulling our legs".
1. $450
2. :lol:
3. Craptin...

But... please confirm Kilty.
This is proof that he is serious:
1. $450 is cheap because it is on special (would you believe) as there is only brown left.
2. He is laughing because he got it at a marked down price
3. Craptin comes up a lot on a Google search. It could be named after a designer with the name of Eric Craptin.

PS: He will post pics of him wearing it when it arrives.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

For those who like leggings

Post by denimini »

At last I have found a(nother) descriptive term for such things: "dropcrotch", sounds like some terrible affliction.

moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: For those who like leggings

Post by moonshadow »

denimini wrote:At last I have found a(nother) descriptive term for such things: "dropcrotch", sounds like some terrible affliction.

OMG! :shock:

Sad thing is, I can actually see these catching on, especially in the "sagging" crowd, as it produces a similar effect, only without lowering the waistline. Thus eliminating the need to hold one's pants up!

Once again.. BRING IT! And I shall wear what ever skirt I want proudly! Then mother will say to her friends... "yes he wears skirts, but at least he doesn't wear those ridiculous drop crotch pants!"

Amazing the great pains that men go through to get that inseam off their crotch. I've seen some ridiculous fads. But can't wear a skirt! NO sir.... that would be girly, and they'd rather look like a total moron, than to wear anything that a girl would wear.... :shock:

"look like a total moron"..... well... if the shoe (or the pants) fit.... :roll:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

For that amount of money you could have bought something worthwhile such as several bottles of single malt scotch. :D
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

JohnH wrote:
For that amount of money you could have bought something worthwhile such as several bottles of single malt scotch. :D
Which you will need anyway after you check it out in the mirror.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

denimini wrote:
3. Craptin comes up a lot on a Google search. It could be named after a designer with the name of Eric Craptin.

PS: He will post pics of him wearing it when it arrives.
Kind of like how Thomas Crapper made the flush toilet popular and founded the company of Thomas Crapper & Co.
Last edited by JohnH on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Of course you could shoplift hams and turkeys from the supermarket in pants like those... :shock:
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

dillon wrote:Of course you could shoplift hams and turkeys from the supermarket in pants like those... :shock:
Now if we see individuals wearing those sorry excuses for bottoms in supermarkets just before a holiday we will know why. :D

John
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

For the purple and blue efforts from the back it looks more like Yosemite Sam.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.