Jeans from across the isle

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Jeans from across the isle

Post by Bamaskirting »

I'm sure some of you guys wear jeans and pants from time to time. I'm wondering if any of you has wore any from across the isle. I bought my first pair of ladies jeans today. Just trying them on, I feel that they are more comfortable than any pair of jeans I own. They are very form fitting, but they are not skin tight. I think I'm going to really like them. I always thought men's jeans were very comfortable. that is until I've tried skirts and now ladies jeans.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Jeans from across the isle

Post by Caultron »

I've thought of it but haven't. I'd just rather wear skirts.

I might try one from Goodwill someday, though. I keep looking. A side zipper might be fun, or those "skinny" jeans with lots of Lycra in them.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I can only wear skirts once in a while due to my job and the wife being "not in the mood". In my shopping at thrift shops I've managed to buy 3 pairs of womens jeans and I like them better than the men's version. First off most of them are made of 2% spandex so they have more give to them. And I think they do feel nicer while wearing and look better too. I used to be a regular at another forum for "cross-dressing" and there too a lot of the guys wear womens jeans. That is where I originally got the idea from.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
scooterskirt

Post by scooterskirt »

I don't have any men's jeans any more just stretch womens. I love them.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I have been buying women's jeans for years, it's the only way I can get brightly coloured ones. I have all sorts of colours from bright blues, reds, purples, yellows. There is some stretch to the material and that makes them really comfortable. The surface finish is generally softer and smoother as well. Wouldn't buy any others now. Go for it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

Sinned wrote:I have been buying women's jeans for years, it's the only way I can get brightly coloured ones. I have all sorts of colours from bright blues, reds, purples, yellows. There is some stretch to the material and that makes them really comfortable. The surface finish is generally softer and smoother as well. Wouldn't buy any others now. Go for it.
Yeah I would have never thought I'd like them. But they seem to be great. And they do have a softer feel too.
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

They always look awfully tight to me. The reason I wear Wrangler 13MWZ relaxed fit, cowboy cut jeans to work in is because they don't squeeze parts as badly.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Taj wrote:They always look awfully tight to me. The reason I wear Wrangler 13MWZ relaxed fit, cowboy cut jeans to work in is because they don't squeeze parts as badly.
That's me, but I'm not a big fan of jeans at any rate. Although in all fairness I can't say that I've ever tried on a women's pair. But in men's jeans I always get full, relaxed fit, but really as far as trousers go, I prefer somewhat baggy cargo pants, for the same reason I like skirts.... no groin issues.

For me, trousers (jeans included) are for work and work only, skirts are for fun, play, and leisure. Since trousers are for work, I like large deep men's pockets to put stuff in like screw drivers, box cutters, tape measures, well... basically anything really. All work rants aside, my work trousers are actually pretty comfortable, just somewhat bland.

I seldom find anything on the woman's side of the isle suited for the type of work I get into, on and off the clock. Which, if I know my history is one of the reasons women started wearing trousers to begin with during WWII.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I used to wear only jeans and jean shorts for years, until I found skirts now I don't wear them any more. Jeans from either side of the isle are the same as far as I am concerned. They tend to bind the wrong parts and when that happens OUCH! :thumbdown: Skirts don't do that :!:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

I gave up wearing denim jeans years ago switching to woman's twill pants with 2% spandex/98% cotton content. I really like this fabric if I'm going to be wearing pants. My last two pair of jeans now live at my brother's house to wear when he puts me to work around his property when I visit.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

well more people wear them than i thought
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Bamaskirting wrote:well more people wear them than i thought
It's interesting that while trying to find a cheap pair of jeans at a GoodWill in Christiansburg VA one day, more than half of the jeans in the mens section had women's jeans mixed in. It made me think that in this community, there are probably a good handful of men walking around in women's jeans and not realizing it. Questioning their wives and girlfriends about why the button is backwards..... and you the wives and girlfriends are getting a kick out it. Will they tell him? Naaahhh... I wouldn't! :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

My observation about womens pants in general is that the zippers are too short, and the inseam seems to be measured differently, perhaps because mens pants have greater rise to the waist, more crotch space.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

For my build I find the jeans originally marketed to women tend to fit better than those I'm "supposed to" wear. Low rise is more comfortable, but often the zippers are too short to pee without opening the top button. I know I have jeans from both sides of the aisle, almost all from thrift shops, and I pay little attention to whom it's labeled for.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

I've never bought jeans from 'the other side of the aisle' but never say never. I like to wear short shorts and have 3 pair of women's shorts that I've had for about 8 years or so. Two pair are a bit looser in the thigh than I'd like but not too bad. The other pair I bought at Wal Mart while shopping for other stuff. I happened to walk by the Jr. Miss section and see these shorts. I thought, 'Gotta try these on!' Size 4 with a 4.5" inseam, They fit perfect! I had no problem being able to try them on. IIRC, Wal Mart only has one fitting area for both men and women.

--Rick