it definately gets easier to dress in public

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Milfmog

Re: it definately gets easier to dress in public

Post by Milfmog »

r.m.anderson wrote: Looking further for your Review - apparently has not been posted censored or whatever you moderators call it ! LOL !
It appears that Matalan did not like my review; I have, this afternoon, received a "Rejected review alert". The text of the email reads:
Matalan Customer Care wrote:Good Afternoon

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry that our products have not met your expectations on this occasion. We do value your feedback and we have forwarded the information that you have provided to the relevant department. The departmental staff will take into consideration your feedback for any future buying or promotional activity.

Thank you for getting in touch and I'm here if you need any further assistance.

Kind Regards

Matalan Customer Care Team
Oh well...

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

So you are a guy - What do you know about skirted clothing other than you are supposed to be attracted to the wearer and not the clothing itself !
How dare you impinge on offering advice on women's dresses and skirts !

In closing thank you for your very unexpected remarks and have a nice day !

Yours not so sincerely and respectfully;
ABC-XYZ clothing for WOMEN only
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well... at least you got a reply. My grievance wasnt even worthy of an automated email. Still no responce and still not a dime spent in that business since.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

r.m.anderson wrote:So you are a guy - What do you know about skirted clothing other than you are supposed to be attracted to the wearer and not the clothing itself !
I find myself gawking at cool skirts I see on women. Sometimes I wonder if they think Im some type of pervert. To which I would respond "don't flattered yourself princess, its not you.... its your skirt!" :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

moonshadow wrote:I find myself gawking at cool skirts I see on women. Sometimes I wonder if they think Im some type of pervert. To which I would respond "don't flattered yourself princess, its not you.... its your skirt!" :lol:
At least 99% of having women seeing you as interesting, as opposed to creepy or pervy, is calmly looking them in the eye, smiling, and saying, "Hi!"

And oh that I'd known that in my early years...
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

moonshadow wrote: I find myself gawking at cool skirts I see on women. Sometimes I wonder if they think Im some type of pervert. To which I would respond "don't flattered yourself princess, its not you.... its your skirt!" :lol:
Yes, I have thought similarly ......
denimini wrote: It is almost a novelty seeing a woman in a skirt and then they probably think I am admiring them but often I am lusting after their skirt, still acknowledging that it would look better on them than me.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Caultron wrote: At least 99% of having women seeing you as interesting, as opposed to creepy or pervy, is calmly looking them in the eye, smiling, and saying, "Hi!"
They might think that you are even more interesting if you said "Hi, I can't help admiring your skirt ........"

May be not.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

denimini wrote:
Caultron wrote: At least 99% of having women seeing you as interesting, as opposed to creepy or pervy, is calmly looking them in the eye, smiling, and saying, "Hi!"
They might think that you are even more interesting if you said "Hi, I can't help admiring your skirt ........"

May be not.
No, I'm pretty sure they'd just think I'm weird.

...and what can I say... they'd be correct.
-Andrea
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

moonshadow wrote:No, I'm pretty sure they'd just think I'm weird.

There's nothing wrong with being weird; it's just a cheaper form of eccentric :)

I still aspire to eccentricity, I'm just not rich enough.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

moonshadow wrote:
denimini wrote:

May be not.
No, I'm pretty sure they'd just think I'm weird.

Yeah, but if you're already OK with being skirted in public, I guess you'd have to be OK with being a bit weird as well. So keep your head up and revel in it.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Milfmog wrote:
moonshadow wrote:No, I'm pretty sure they'd just think I'm weird.

There's nothing wrong with being weird; it's just a cheaper form of eccentric :)

I still aspire to eccentricity, I'm just not rich enough.

Have fun,

Ian.
Rich people have auburn hair; a workingman has red hair. And cauliflower is just cabbage with a college education.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

denimini wrote:

May be not.
Yes, for some reason, "I like your butt," is creepy/pervy but, "I like the way that skirt fits you," is quite welcome.

caultron
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

moonshadow wrote:
r.m.anderson wrote:So you are a guy - What do you know about skirted clothing other than you are supposed to be attracted to the wearer and not the clothing itself !
I find myself gawking at cool skirts I see on women. Sometimes I wonder if they think Im some type of pervert. To which I would respond "don't flattered yourself princess, its not you.... its your skirt!" :lol:
I'd amend to say "I'd wear that outfit in a heartbeat."

At which point I'd love it if she'd whip it off and say "Prove it!"

Kind of sort things out like that on Pinterest: "Dresses" (which I like but think are too 'girly' and "Dresses for Men" which I like with either men or women wearing them and which I'd definitely wear..."Skirts" and "Skirts for Men" with similar distinctions...and finally a "Tunics" category as worn by men and women that I would also wear. At first I thought I'd make a category for Tights/Leggings but I already have metallic appearing leggings, lace-trimmed leggings and patterned leggings and tights. Support hose and tights, mostly beige and midnight black, a few white, red and blue. All good. :D

After wearing a tunic over leggings, a dress or skirt over leggings is easy.... :shock: And I've always loved that look.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Darryl wrote:... I'd amend to say "I'd wear that outfit in a heartbeat."

At which point I'd love it if she'd whip it off and say "Prove it!"
I did read on a forum some years ago about a guy and girl in a nightclub where the quy was wearing a kilt and the girl said she would like to try it on. So they found a quiet spot and swapped.

The concensus was that he looked really good in his blue miniskirt! :D :D (So did she in the kilt!)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Caultron wrote:Yes, for some reason, "I like your butt," is creepy/pervy but, "I like the way that skirt fits you," is quite welcome.
There are two factors at work here: It is legitimate to show an interest in a person's overall appearance but not in the detail of their underlying anatomy unless you already know them very well (and even then, not in public) . Also, one comment is a personal remark about something over which the person has little or no control, the other is a comment on their preference or choice - something which they do have control over.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.