Seeking opinion on something....

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Seeking opinion on something....

Post by hoborob »

If you're gonna go that far, then I propose that the United States and Mexico merge into one country. That would at least solve the immigration issue since so many Mexicans want to be in the United States anyway.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

hoborob wrote:If you're gonna go that far, then I propose that the United States and Mexico merge into one country. That would at least solve the immigration issue since so many Mexicans want to be in the United States anyway.
We could hardly afford US-level benefits for all the Mexicans living below the US poverty level.

It's be interesting, however, to see if and how the drug cartels survived. But I suppose they just could move to someplace like Honduras.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

If we owned Mexico, do you think we could collect enough taxes for them to pay for the Great Wall of Trump?
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

You all are killing the vibe of my dress thread! :P

Then again....

Imagine Trump in a pretty white summer dress!

.... with a purple shirt underneath!

HA! :lol: :!: :eye:

:flower:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Well, have you considered other colors when it comes to sundresses? Inquiring minds wanna know!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

JeffB1959 wrote:Well, have you considered other colors when it comes to sundresses? Inquiring minds wanna know!
Actually that same dress that started this thread also had a black version, that may have worked much better, and was actually my first choice, but as the dresses were on closeout, the black ones were already sold out.

But yes, I'm always open to different colors and styles, and yes I'll wear floral patterns. Would love to have a deep purple one, and hunter green.

Believe it or not, as much as I do enjoy the look, white garments (skirts or dresses) are not my overall favorite because as Carl has mentioned, they can be a bear to keep clean, and show up every stain. Simply put, I just have to be too careful when I wear them, and must consider my daily activities CAREFULLY before I put one on in the morning.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

In fact, I have been loosely debating on having the white one of this thread tie died. Still kicking that can around though....
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:In fact, I have been loosely debating on having the white one of this thread tie died. Still kicking that can around though....
If you like it white, wear it white until you get something on it. :wink: The, if it's abstract enough, wear it as art, and if it's just nasty, then tie-dye it.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

crfriend wrote:
moonshadow wrote:...If you like it white, wear it white until you get something on it. Then, if it's abstract enough, wear it as art, and if it's just nasty, then tie-dye it.
Food stains as art. Lovin' it.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I'm thinking more along the lines of grass stain green, river water stains, and of course.... good old fashioned DIRT.
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:I'm thinking more along the lines of grass stain green, river water stains, and of course.... good old fashioned DIRT.
"Good old fashioned DIRT"? Think "khaki".

Use your imagination. Nothing stays pristine white in this world for long, perhaps excepting white cats, but those are self-cleaning.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Gordon wrote:Personally I don't care for it (since you asked). The waist is too high for a male garment and the white doesn't work for you.
I would be inclined to agree. I think there are probably more flattering shapes out there. It took me quite some time to work out what generally looks good and what not. Just because I like something doesn't mean it will look good on me.

However, since you question is about the shirt, then I think that layering is the way to go, but take on board other peoples comments about the colour showing through and whether that is a concern. Also, sometimes cameras pic up things that the eye doesn't notice in the same way, so it may be less of an issue than it appears. Will you wear it with tights underneath? Will they show through if you do?

Another consideration when layering is making sure the garment underneath doesn't have too much material for the one on top otherwise it may bunch up or not sit well around the top of the arms, for instance. Would it be improved with a snugger fitting t-shirt?
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

moonshadow wrote:You all are killing the vibe of my dress thread! :P

Then again....

So what was I to do - UNDRESS - REDRESS - ADDRESS - DIGRESS your comment ?
And YES the political situation is going to be a dressy mess between now and November 3 and perhaps a bit after that.
Only place of real relief is Antarctica - you won't catch anyone down there dressed least they be encased in ice making
promising statements about climate change !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

moonshadow wrote:You all are killing the vibe of my dress thread! :P

Then again....

I'd rather see him in something that totally clashes with that ridiculous Technicolor hair-do. He looks like one of the Three Stooges, but whenever he opens his mouth it becomes obvious that his IQ isn't quite up to their level.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

dillon wrote:totally clashes with that ridiculous Technicolor hair-do
It gets real funny when the wind hits it just right! :lol:
-Andrea