about town in a skater skirt

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: about town in a skater skirt

Post by r.m.anderson »

I've heard it was like that. nobody ever says anything about a skirt. but a kilt garners all kinds of attention
Gordon wrote:I've never received a compliment from a man while wearing a skirt ( a few from women). But have while wearing a kilt.
Very true - the Kilt attracts attention while a skirt does not as much - but change the pattern on a skirt to a tartan and right away the skirt becomes a kilt and opens a dialog of sorts almost in the same vein.
And YES women tend to wink an eye or strike up a conversation about kilt/skirt wearing were as only men who wear kilts (or other skirts) are apt to make an introduction.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

r.m.anderson wrote:
bamaskirting wrote:I've heard it was like that. nobody ever says anything about a skirt. but a kilt garners all kinds of attention
Gordon wrote:I've never received a compliment from a man while wearing a skirt ( a few from women). But have while wearing a kilt.
Very true - the Kilt attracts attention while a skirt does not as much - but change the pattern on a skirt to a tartan and right away the skirt becomes a kilt and opens a dialog of sorts almost in the same vein.
And YES women tend to wink an eye or strike up a conversation about kilt/skirt wearing were as only men who wear kilts (or other skirts) are apt to make an introduction.
Heck, in my case, any skirt I wear typically will be called a kilt by someone. Case in point: once wore a floral-print skirt (the one that used to be in my avatar) to a local grocery store and had a guy start chatting me up about the highland games and kilts. Another time, wore a sage green ruffled mini to the same store and had a teenage chick say "kick a$$ kilt!" to me. Most of the time, though, a skirt does allow me to sorta fly under the radar, along with a Utilikilt. Tartan kilts, I'd better plan on a half-hour to an hour extra when I go out. Wind up becoming the proverbial thanksgiving dinner table centerpiece. So, I've pretty much stopped wearing them. Saves time.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I've yet to wear a skater skirt. Suddenly, I'm curious about and would like to give one a try.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

JeffB1959 wrote:I've yet to wear a skater skirt. Suddenly, I'm curious about and would like to give one a try.
I like the pleats and the flare. mine is short and I can sit down with my legs open. it covers well
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

OK so I am an old fogy! :bigsmurf: I like my skirts to hit at or just below the knee. Most of mine do just that. I do have some longer than that 1 calf length with a side vent and 2 ankle length that are lined. I enjoy my skirts as they give me the comfort that pants and shorts can't. :D But to each his own and what makes you happy makes me happy for you!! :D

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

JeffB1959 wrote:I've yet to wear a skater skirt. Suddenly, I'm curious about and would like to give one a try.
They're extremely comfortable.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo