first time in public with a skirt

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Uncle Al

Re: first time in public with a skirt

Post by Uncle Al »

In the process of composing this post, other members posted before I could finish.
(Also watching Jersey Boys on TV with my wife - enjoying the music.)
grlyby wrote: ..They will probably delete me from here. I like this forum and want to learn...
Nope - You're not going to be deleted. You're very welcome here. I'm glad you're
'learning' from others here. We ALL learn from each other. My post was also in
reaction to your picture showing 'features' not normally found on a man. Another
member asked you to remove that particular pic. The 'Mod Staff' will leave that
decision up to you.

My comments had to be as "Moderator Status" as a reminder of the "Do's & Don'ts".

Your comments and picture push the boundaries a bit, but not to any great
extent. We all are cautionary in what we 'say' as we are writing posts. Others can't
see our facial expressions. Some things may seem out-of-place, yet the comments
were made in jest. That's why we have 'smilies' on the forum.
Examples - :D ;) :rofl: :twisted: :oops:

Writing styles differ by as much as the members of this world-wide forum.

Take heart, you've just had a small bump in the road. Others here have had
major chuck-holes. You're not alone in any of this :)

Keep - On - Keepin' - On :!: :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
(Maybe I can get this in before anyone else posts in this topic ;))
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

Uncle Al wrote:In the process of composing this post, other members posted before I could finish.
(Also watching Jersey Boys on TV with my wife - enjoying the music.)
grlyby wrote: ..They will probably delete me from here. I like this forum and want to learn...
Nope - You're not going to be deleted. You're very welcome here. I'm glad you're
'learning' from others here. We ALL learn from each other. My post was also in
reaction to your picture showing 'features' not normally found on a man. Another
member asked you to remove that particular pic. The 'Mod Staff' will leave that
decision up to you.

My comments had to be as "Moderator Status" as a reminder of the "Do's & Don'ts".

Your comments and picture push the boundaries a bit, but not to any great
extent. We all are cautionary in what we 'say' as we are writing posts. Others can't
see our facial expressions. Some things may seem out-of-place, yet the comments
were made in jest. That's why we have 'smilies' on the forum.
Examples - :D ;) :rofl: :twisted: :oops:

Writing styles differ by as much as the members of this world-wide forum.

Take heart, you've just had a small bump in the road. Others here have had
major chuck-holes. You're not alone in any of this :)

Keep - On - Keepin' - On :!: :D

Uncle Al
(Maybe I can get this in before anyone else posts in this topic ;))
what picture? not sure what it is showing but i will remove it. let me know and i will try to figure out how to take it down
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

grlyby -

It's the 3rd pic HERE.
Display the post, click on "Edit" at the bottom right side,
remove the 3rd picture line. Then select 'PREVIEW' to see
if your edit worked. If it did, then click on 'SUBMIT'.
That will put your post back into the topic.
If you're not sure on this procedure, let us
know and we will "Edit" the post for you. :D

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

Uncle Al wrote:grlyby -

It's the 3rd pic HERE.
Display the post, click on "Edit" at the bottom right side,
remove the 3rd picture line. Then select 'PREVIEW' to see
if your edit worked. If it did, then click on 'SUBMIT'.
That will put your post back into the topic.
If you're not sure on this procedure, let us
know and we will "Edit" the post for you. :D

Uncle Al
alright thanks. i dont see the problem but this is not my site.so i took it down. i really do not want to offend anyone here.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Hey - No Problem :!: We all are in a constant learning curve.
Just like when I'm learning a new piece of music, I have to
take it a little bit at a time. Once I've 'mastered' the piece
and can play it with-out the sheet music in front of me,
then-and only then-can I take liberties with it.
Small modifications or improvisations as warranted by setting,
audience and gig in general.

BTW - If you like JAZZ, check out this 12 year old 'master'.
LITTTLE JAZZ MAN

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Uncle Al wrote: [MOD HAT - ON]

Please note - Forum Rules #6 - No discussion of artificial body parts
or pieces of clothing meant for body parts that men do not have.
That is not men's fashion

A Bra is not discussed unless the wearer has a medical need for it. This rarely happens
here but a couple of members have medical requirements for it.

[MOD HAT - OFF]

Uncle Al
Admin Staff
You are being arbitrary in saying men do not have breasts. What you meant to say most men do not have enlarged breasts so most men do not require the use of b*** [chest lump support garments].

Instead of saying a man has a medical need for a b** [chest lump support garment] I believe it would have been much better to say some men who have enlarged breasts benefit from wearing b*** [chest lump support garments] the same as most women.

To keep from offending some on this website I hereby retract the following clause:
¨... but in my opinion for those of us who have enlarged breasts who wear b*** [chest lump support garments] should be allowed to discuss the functional use of b*** [chest lump support garments]¨.

[Added 1/23/2016] Instead I wish to make the following statement that we need to respect the feelings of others with regards to b*** [chest lump support garments] and some other things, and refrain from bringing up that topic and related topics.

The following statements were certainly NOT necessary and I wish I never made those statements:
¨For the record I wear plain b*** [chest lump support garments] (no lace or any other kind of ornamentation) to support my DD cup lumps on my chest. I also wear plain Hanes men´s underpants. ¨

John
Last edited by JohnH on Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Congratulations in going public, as said by so many here; it is a lot easier after the first outing and discover most don't notice or don't care.
I like the length and colour of that skirt and you are braver than I wearing that first up, where I chose denim which hardly registers in peripheral vision.
Once you get confident going public it is a lot of fun.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

JohnH wrote:You are being arbitrary in saying men do not have breasts. What you meant to say most men do not have enlarged breasts so most men do not require the use of bras. [...] I agree discussing bras with breast forms should be forbidden, but in my opinion for those of us who have enlarged breasts who wear bras should be allowed to discuss the functional use of bras.
The intent here is not, and never has been, to suppress conversation on things but rather to keep some of the more fetishistic aspects out of the forum -- and it's precisely those characteristics which can derail the purpose of this place by drowning out the signal we're trying to send with noise that's only tangentially (if that) related. There are men here with gynecomastia -- and we fully accept that -- but the focus is not on the underpinnings of what we're wearing in the face of the world, but rather how the visible ensemble integrates with that sometimes hostile world around us.

As we're quite forward about, if you're interested in "Orthodox Crossdressing" or fetish, there are hundreds -- if not thousands -- of sites that would better cater to your desires. If however, you're a guy who has gotten bored with, or sick of, the day-to-day disenchantingly drab uniform you're expected to don every waking moment and might like to find the freedom of wearing a skirt, this is the place. Yes, thread-drift happens -- just as conversation-drift happens in everyday conversation; yes, we occasionally have a small flare-up of unruly behaviour (quite like the Real World); and, yes, once in a while it can get a little bit prurient, but in the interests of decency we do try to keep that down to a dull roar so as not to frighten the horses or spook the women.

The "rule" that points it up best -- although I suspect it's usually misunderstood by the average browser or newcomer -- is the one that states that discussion should be limited to externally-visible aspects only. This is the one that captures the essence of, "No, we don't care how frilly your knickers are -- or whether you wear any. We don't want to hear it, and if you're "showing" deliberately, you're an exhibitionist (see above about horses and women), and don't bother trying to pass off intent as accident (after one or two episodes, we all know better).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
owen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by owen »

JohnH wrote:For the record I wear plain bras (no lace or any other kind of ornamentation) to support my DD cup breasts.
If you want to discuss that then you should look elsewhere; I'm sure there are plenty of forums catering to that, whether as a fetish or a medical condition. This forum is about men wearing skirts, and limited accessories, and material that confuses that issue with transsexuality or gender-related disorders really does not belong here.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

The last thing I would want to have happen with this website is for it to become yet another crossdressing website. That was not my intention. I also did not intend for generate so much heat when I was explaining my situation.

Owen, I felt your response was rather sharp and abrupt. While you quote the line about my wearing b**s [chest lump support garments] you obviously did not pay attention to the following sentence: ¨I also wear plain Hanes men´s underpants.¨

In the past I mentioned I wear b**s, and I wanted to go on record that there are no fetish aspects of my wearing chest lump support garments.

I think it is really up to the moderators to tell participants they are going out of bounds instead of some ordinary participant in this forum.

Owen, I suggest you read the thread: Embarrassed & Disturbed [http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/viewtop ... 67&t=18095].

Since the ¨B¨ word [chest lump support garment] generates so much heat, I suggest everybody refrain from using the ¨B¨ word. And I will follow this guideline in the future.

John
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

JohnH wrote:
Uncle Al wrote: [MOD HAT - ON]

Please note - Forum Rules #6 - No discussion of artificial body parts
or pieces of clothing meant for body parts that men do not have.
That is not men's fashion

A Bra is not discussed unless the wearer has a medical need for it. This rarely happens
here but a couple of members have medical requirements for it.

[MOD HAT - OFF]

Uncle Al
Admin Staff
You are being arbitrary in saying men do not have breasts. What you meant to say most men do not have enlarged breasts so most men do not require the use of bras.

Instead of saying a man has a medical need for a bra I believe it would have been much better to say some men who have enlarged breasts benefit from wearing bras the same as most women.

I agree discussing bras with breast forms should be forbidden, but in my opinion for those of us who have enlarged breasts who wear bras should be allowed to discuss the functional use of bras.

For the record I wear plain bras (no lace or any other kind of ornamentation) to support my DD cup breasts. I also wear plain Hanes men´s underpants.

John
With all due respect for those whose lives may benefit from such garmenture, this STILL is not the site for that topic. I don't mean any offense, but that has been long standing policy.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I erred in mentioning anything about the forbidden B word in this thread. As I indicated I will never mention that word or anything related with that word again on this website.

Sorry for so many of the participants getting upset about the B word.

John
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

JohnH wrote:I erred in mentioning anything about the forbidden B word in this thread. As I indicated I will never mention that word or anything related with that word again on this website.

Sorry for so many of the participants getting upset about the B word.
Some people have no sense of humor.

But I suppose we're all a bit nervous with our eccentricities.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

What we have here is a failure to communicate - ah er - frank discussion about "UNMENTIONABLES" !
It used to be that foundation garments were prohibited from public graphic view - now there is no room at all for doubt !
It was quite a thrill to see the latest catalog with all the toys and other wishbook things but certain pages were for adult viewing only !
Frederick's of Hollywood was one of the first to break down the barriers and leave nothing further to the imagination.
Then Playboy expounded off in another direction and it certainly was not minimal clothing that made the man but the women.
The carefully crafted statement about something coming between a woman and her Calvin's always raised an eyebrow or two !
You could squeeze the Charmin (TP tissue) but you had better use caution with messing around with the 'Fruit of the Loom' !
So thus when these Unmentionables came out of the closet the need for making a sales impression was done with fancy pants names:
Victoria's Secret - Vanity Fair - etc. - But Hush you are not supposed to talk about what is under there whether something is there or not !

Simply put it is no one's business except your own - and I do hope that if you are in an accident you heeded Mom's advice - I am not
going any further with this - Mom wouldn't like it after all she was old school and this topic was not suitable for family or forum discussion !

So now can we fashion forward to unbifurcated clothing 101 and if it fits wear it !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

To keep from offending some of the members of skirtcafe.org I have gone through some of my postings that can be edited to replace the offensive ¨B¨ word with b** [chest lump support garment].

In the future I will not discuss anything pertaining to underwear on this website.

John