first time in public with a skirt

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: first time in public with a skirt

Post by moonshadow »

What does any of this have to do with one's first time wearing a skirt in public? :D

All this fuss over a bra is almost comical.

Poor old bamaskirting.... just can't get a break! :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

moonshadow wrote:What does any of this have to do with one's first time wearing a skirt in public? :D

i did not start any of the rest of it.lol. i have not commented on here in awhile. i logged on and looked and seen all types of stuff.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Bamaskirting wrote:
moonshadow wrote:What does any of this have to do with one's first time wearing a skirt in public? :D

i did not start any of the rest of it.lol. i have not commented on here in awhile. i logged on and looked and seen all types of stuff.
Yeah.... yeah... ALWAYS stirring something up! *just kidding* :lol: 8) :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

moonshadow wrote:
Bamaskirting wrote:

Yeah.... yeah... ALWAYS stirring something up! *just kidding* :lol: 8) :lol:
yeah. that is only problem with this great forum. i cannot totally be myself. i even had to take a photo down because of my so called padded hips!
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Bamaskirting, the criticisms are nothing more than good old masculine anxiety in action.

John
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

JohnH wrote:Bamaskirting, the criticisms are nothing more than good old masculine anxiety in action.

John
The internet has a support group somewhere for almost everything. I'm sure that includes man-breasts, padded underwear, and spontaneous ejaculations. All I'm saying is that, BY THE STATED POLICIES, this is not the site for those things. I try to abide by those standards; can't you? You are entitled to your feelings, but I think that the sniping about it demeans your own image. None of you have the knowledge to judge my motives or reasons, and I think it's time to act your age. Your backhanded apologies do not suggest maturity.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Dillon, who made you the judge to make the extremely disrepectful statement of "act your age"? I looked at your profile and saw you are only a registered user and not a moderator.

My slight disagreement with Uncle Al along with my situation where I explained my functional and and non-fetish undergarments certainly should not have generated such a commotion.
Bamaskirting wrote: yeah. that is only problem with this great forum. i cannot totally be myself. i even had to take a photo down because of my so called padded hips!
I also think it was outrageous that Bamaskirting had to take down a photo simply because it showed his wide hips.

Perhaps instead of writing the offhand comment, ¨Bamaskirting, the criticisms are nothing more than good old masculine anxiety in action¨, maybe I should have written that we need to be careful of the feelings of others on the forum. But Bamaskirting, you did nothing wrong with the picture showing your naturally wide hips.

In my opinion simply the rule of men using only non-feminine names keeps this website from becoming yet another crossdressing website. But in the future I will be more careful to consider the feelings of others.

John
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I had thought the matter had passed and been resolved, yet you guys are still posting your animosity, apparently. I didn't see bama's photo and did not comment on it or ask for ts removal. The only photo I mentioned was one of a brassiere. I did not flag it and I don't flag anything without first making my objection publically. Yet you are irate with me and I presume others because some of you crossed the line with topics and pics. I have done that myself and gotten my own wrists slapped too. The difference is that I learned and moved on, but you all seem to have chosen griping and sniping instead. I pointed out that the internet probably has fora for all those matters. I am not the only one to point out that SC, though a big tent, does have both stated and implied limits. And, true, I am not a moderator, but I am just pleading for an end to the snide grumbling about justifiable complaints. Please, let it go and move on. But, basically, if someone is poking me with a sharp stick, maybe they should not be surprised if I turn around and say something about it.
Last edited by dillon on Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Gentlemen, can we please cool our jets in this matter? I believe that enough has been said already and it doesn't need to be stirred up any more.

Excuse me while I go and deal with the flood in my garage caused by the amount of snow that my car (and his driver) dragged in...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

Come on guys. This stuff cannot be that serious.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

I propose a motion that this thread be terminated as it has deteriorated. Anyone wanting to talk about "first time in public with a skirt, please start a new thread. Can the motion be seconded?
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I agree with crfriend. Poor Carl has worse problems right now than to settle a squabble. I apologize for my significant part in causing the thread to deteriorate.

John
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I didn't want this argument to continue from many days ago, but I don't apologize for defending my position after many veiled attacks. I believe my response was appropriate and truthful. I held my tongue as long as I could. I've said my last about it now.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Hmm. I see an innocent post that did veer "off-piste" followed by a correct if rather abrupt reminder of the rules...then a lot of retrenchment into exaggerated stated positions. I think Bama gets the picture (even though some are taken down :-) ) and I don't think there's anything in his presentation that's jarring. He's clearly a man, and that gender authentic presentation ticks the box as far as I am concerned.

It will all calm down, I'm sure.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

I don't care. It can be taken down as far as I'm concerned. So long as I don't have to take the time to do it.