A dress happened

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A dress happened

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote:Tonight, (well actually REALLY early in the morning) 2AM....

I sit here folding my laundry and I hear the wind gusting outside. 60MPH burst. I had to do it.....

Slipped on my white sleeveless dress and proceeded to walk outside. At 2AM I've got the world to myself. It's slightly chilly and I didn't wear a jacket, just me and the dress. It's just not every day that the wind is howling, and you've got an entire neighborhood to yourself.

I stood on a small rock looking over the RV park and creek, and stared at the sky as the gust flustered about the dress.

What a magickal experience! I swear this is the way God intended human's to dress. Would love to be on White Top Mountain tonight in the garment, standing on that treeless bluff, looking over the North Carolina border. Umm um um.... maybe tonight in my dreams....

Actually... maybe this should go in the poetry thread! :)

So now I know why you're coming to bed so late and sleeping till late in the day. :lol: When I use to wear skirts I liked that feeling myself. Peaceful feeling and the wind up your dress or skirt felt nice.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

^Hmmm, should go back to wearing them... Would probably be nice to be able to respond to the usual "So, who wears the pants in the family?" question with "No one."

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Got my other two dresses up on flickr. I think I now have every skirt and dress I own modeled in the "skirts" album.

I rather like this pose... the hand on hip was my daughters suggestion... the kissy face was Jenn's.

Check out that sparkly green nail polish and those "cheap sunglasses"! ($1 at the grocery store where I work)

I've GOT to find some reason to wear this out somewhere!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

moonshadow wrote:Got my other two dresses up on flickr. I think I now have every skirt and dress I own modeled in the "skirts" album.

I rather like this pose... the hand on hip was my daughters suggestion... the kissy face was Jenn's.

Check out that sparkly green nail polish and those "cheap sunglasses"! ($1 at the grocery store where I work)

Heh! Plenty cool!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Who owns the elbow and foot (LHS)?
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote:Got my other two dresses up on flickr. I think I now have every skirt and dress I own modeled in the "skirts" album.

So adorable :) You can wear it out when we have a date night =-) That would be a good time ( all I could think of atm)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

All you need now, Moon, is a pork-pie hat and a harmonica to complete the look. :D
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

pelmut wrote:Who owns the elbow and foot (LHS)?
I saw your question, and it didn't make sense to me, probably because of the abbreviation (LHS), always makes me think of the high school where I graduated "Liberty High School".

But now I realize it meant "left hand side".

That would be Amber's (my daughter's) elbow and foot.
JennC03 wrote:So adorable :) You can wear it out when we have a date night =-) That would be a good time ( all I could think of atm)
Thanks Bean, maybe when it warms up a little...

...atm.. another one that threw me... I see that and I think of an "automatic teller machine".
crfriend wrote:All you need now, Moon, is a pork-pie hat and a harmonica to complete the look. :D
Yeah, that would be pretty neat. There's still time to perfect the image before it gets warm enough to give it an outing.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

The dress fits you well and looks great...except for the neckline. I'm not a fan of scoop-necks on men. It's a style that seems intended to accentuate and call attention to the bust area, which, I believe, is probably not what most of us are wishing to do. I'm a bit conservative, admittedly, but I see shirt-dresses or racerback (higher front) tanks as better styles for the normal male body.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

dillon wrote:The dress fits you well and looks great...except for the neckline. I'm not a fan of scoop-necks on men. It's a style that seems intended to accentuate and call attention to the bust area, which, I believe, is probably not what most of us are wishing to do. I'm a bit conservative, admittedly, but I see shirt-dresses or racerback (higher front) tanks as better styles for the normal male body.
Yeah, I tend to agree on the neck line. I'd like to see some longer sleeves too. But everything from the shoulder down is why I really like this dress. It has a way of forming to your body, regardless of it's shape. Me being "flat chested", it works and doesn't make those awkward little empty "pouches" where your breast are. Rather it simply seems to hug my body all the way to my thighs. (love handles included *sighs*)

Moving below the waist, it also hugs "other" areas that women don't necessarily have to deal with (think... perceptible willy). However I failed to mention that in this shot, I wore the little white slip I just purchased. It's got somewhat of a "bunchy" shape, and has helped with the issues below the waistline. So the inner skirt slip smooths over the bump, and in addition seems to flare it out a little down below, in a way that I find pleasing.
-Andrea
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote:
pelmut wrote:Who owns the elbow and foot (LHS)?
I saw your question, and it didn't make sense to me, probably because of the abbreviation (LHS), always makes me think of the high school where I graduated "Liberty High School".

But now I realize it meant "left hand side".

That would be Amber's (my daughter's) elbow and foot.
JennC03 wrote:So adorable :) You can wear it out when we have a date night =-) That would be a good time ( all I could think of atm)
Thanks Bean, maybe when it warms up a little...

...atm.. another one that threw me... I see that and I think of an "automatic teller machine".
crfriend wrote:All you need now, Moon, is a pork-pie hat and a harmonica to complete the look. :D
Yeah, that would be pretty neat. There's still time to perfect the image before it gets warm enough to give it an outing.

ATM= At the moment
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

JennC03 wrote:ATM= At the moment
Also "Asynchronous Transfer Mode".

All together too darn many TLAs (Three-Letter Acronyms)!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I always thought it stands for Three Letter Abbreviation. An acronym is itself an existing word, or at the very least pronounceable as a word (e.g. NATO), so ATM ain't one.

[/pedantry]
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

skirtyscot, you may very well be right on you definition of acronym but like Carl I've always known TLA To be short for Three Letter Acronyms. But then whenever was the English language and its usage logical or even follow the same rules. There are so many exceptions to any rule you can state. And of course colloquial English very often makes very little sense when written down. :D
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

dillon wrote:The dress fits you well and looks great...except for the neckline. I'm not a fan of scoop-necks on men. It's a style that seems intended to accentuate and call attention to the bust area, which, I believe, is probably not what most of us are wishing to do. I'm a bit conservative, admittedly, but I see shirt-dresses or racerback (higher front) tanks as better styles for the normal male body.
I like the look including the neckline. I consider the neckline as one more element of fashion that men should be able to experiment with. We associate the scoop neck with "showing skin above the female breasts" because that's the only place we've seen it. It merely shows an innocent portion of the chest, and why can't men show some skin there too? And, scoop necks and V-necks work well with necklaces.
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!