Men in Women's Shoes

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Men in Women's Shoes

Post by Gusto10 »

curiosity got the better of me, hence I bought another pair of shoes from the same online store. Heelheight is about 2.5". The fit is grand. I combined these with Wolford tights and a black leather skirt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Looking good. I've wanted a leather skirt for a while but didn't want to pay $100 plus. Just yesterday I received a leather skirt I bought off of etsy for $50. I have to take the hips in a bit though.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Good look! Be confident and have fun!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Shoes are on my to-do list, maybe in November. Can't do heels though, already have enough ball of foot issues.

I'm thinking something like this:
shoe.jpg
These should be pretty affordable, they are after all fairly simple. No, my delay is I need to give my wife a chance to adjust to a few other things first. Kind of ridiculous that we have to make a federal case out of everything, but I digress....

In the mean time I'll just wear my river shoes, which by the way, are unisex, and have a similar shape to the ones above. They are just more enclosed on the top, and naturally as the name implies, they are made to go in the water. Best of all, they will keep me out of trouble with the old lady for a while.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

moonshadow wrote: These should be pretty affordable, they [shoes] are after all fairly simple. No, my delay is I need to give my wife a chance to adjust to a few other things first. Kind of ridiculous that we have to make a federal case out of everything, but I digress....
And people wonder why there appears to be a lot more men wanting to transition to being women as compared to women transitioning to men...

If you doubt the statement above simply go to crossdressers.com where overwhelmingly the subject is male to female [crossdressing and transitions] while there is a small section dealing with transmasculine [female to male] topics.

I am sick and tired of the shop-worn phrase of ¨men don´t wear that¨. I get ma´amed on a regular basis due to my long hair and body shape [hips and breasts] until I start speaking with my deep bass voice. And then the response is, ¨Oh sorry, Sir¨ I might as well lighten and raise the pitch of my speaking voice and then I could have a lot more freedom in how I present myself.

John
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

And people wonder why there appears to be a lot more men wanting to transition to being women as compared to women transitioning to men...

I am sick and tired of the shop-worn phrase of ¨men don´t wear that¨. I get ma´amed on a regular basis due to my long hair and body shape [hips and breasts] until I start speaking with my deep bass voice. And then the response is, ¨Oh sorry, Sir¨ I might as well lighten and raise the pitch of my speaking voice and then I could have a lot more freedom in how I present myself.

John
I just went for a walk with the dog. At one moment I saw what apperred as firts impression a couple with a small child. Coming up closer, the tall figure wearing a dark sports ensemble, sneaker or so (sportshoes nikes or so) and a baseball cap over short cut hair, all apparel black, seemed a man. Such untill he said something. Only the pitch of the voice revealed that this man was a woman. In essence just as "weird". And no one raises an eyebrow.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

JohnH wrote: And people wonder why there appears to be a lot more men wanting to transition to being women as compared to women transitioning to men...

If you doubt the statement above simply go to crossdressers.com where overwhelmingly the subject is male to female [crossdressing and transitions] while there is a small section dealing with transmasculine [female to male] topics.

John
That's because in general terms, women have it made! They have no social restrictions on practically anything they do. They are worshipped by men. And while women may bleed once a month, I'm sure it pales in comparison to the amount of blood men have spilled over women.

In the U.S. anyway, their blood is considered more valuable than men's. Case in point, in every disaster, notice they we always save the women and children first. Men stay and die. I understand the old reason for this was that women bore children, and during the times of hard survival, women were more important in maintaining the population. But HELLOOO... There are over 7 BILLION people in the world now, I don't think we'll be going extinct any time soon! Notice the age old saying "ladies first!" Look at the concept of conscription. I had to register with selective service when I turned 18, but not women! Of course they were allowed to if the chose, but most don't. We are expected to work ourselves right into our grave, breaking out backs, and consuming virtually all of our free time to better serve them, to give women they life they demand.

Notice how the U.S. leads the world in incarcerated prisoners. Notice how 90% of prisoners in the U.S. are MALE. Also notice in many cases men serve longer sentences for equal crimes over their female counterparts. source.

They are entitled to chivalry. But why? In most cases I can't see where this is no longer deserved. Thanks in part to the modern feminist movement, women have become very arrogant about their entitlements and how they expect society to treat them. We are to respect them with every ounce we have, yet that respect is seldom returned.

Look at cases of divorce. How many divorced women live happily ever after with their "new" man, and her children from the former marriage and how many divorced men live in their mothers basement, paying alimony, seeing their kids twice a month if they're lucky.

They call me a misogynist, well I'M NOT! I'm just sick and tired of feeling like a second class citizen, while I provide EVERYTHING!!!! I'm a freaking SLAVE! Some there may be some "gentlemen" on here who may politely disagree with me on a few points here, and that's understandable. I understand it's customary to put women first before everything. But I ask why? How is this mindset practical in the modern western world where women can and do perform any task a man can.

Women demand respect. Well, respect is a two way street. Often time when confronting wives and women on our skirt wearing, we often advise one another to look at it from the woman's point of view, to be "sensitive" and "understanding" of their views. That's all find and well, but I wonder why nobody every tells them woman to look at it from the man's point of view.

It's not right or fair guys and you know it! It's just clothes for God's sake. If my wife tries on something that makes her look stupid, get's a dumb hair style, or ask me if something makes her look "fat", I damned well better reply that it looks "great!" or you know what will happen. Yet I don't deserve the same consideration? NO! I have to stand there and take it. I'm not even offered a chance of rebuttal! They throw down their opinion LIKE IT OR NOT, and then proceed to WALK OFF and end the conversation.

Why.... why, why WHY!!!!!?!?!? I swear to God, one day, I'm just going to pack up my personal belongings, load it in my old pick up, drive off into the sunset and to hell with this place! Life is to short for all of this trifling nonsense!

*long exhales*. Sorry about the rant, but I could contain it no more...

And then I listen to this, and it makes me feel.... better. It remind me that all in all.... none of this really matters, none of it, not one bit, nada, zilch. I may be on this blue dot for 70 years, if that's true, I'm "halfway to heaven". As far as we know we only live once. And the truth is, I may die tomorrow, so I must live for TODAY. Why live a slave? Anyone, women, or men who seek to control others to pacify their own ego's isn't worthy of a REAL relationship of LOVE.

https://youtu.be/b58SfRphkKc

Again again, I'm sorry for the rant, but this is a REALLY SORE subject for me that makes me want to split someones throat when I get on it.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

moonshadow wrote:
Women demand respect. Well, respect is a two way street. Often time when confronting wives and women on our skirt wearing, we often advise one another to look at it from the woman's point of view, to be "sensitive" and "understanding" of their views.
That is a bunch of B.S. Whenever my wife questions my skirt wearing I tell her she needs to stop wearing pants and wear only skirts. I have seen her only three times wearing a skirt publicly. I have far more skirts and dresses than my wife.
moonshadow wrote: That's all find and well, but I wonder why nobody every tells them woman to look at it from the man's point of view.

Women fail to understand the inseam of trousers and shorts rub against the boy bits. Maybe some wisecrack might say, ¨Why don´t you simply get SRS and then you won´t have that problem?¨ That is definitely NOT something I would ever want to have done to me. Even the thought causes me to shudder.

I bought myself Sally Hansen´s Salon nail polish Blue and Black which is a dark blue nail polish. I was wanting to wear it on my fingernails for my work as a dealer title runner. To make sure there would be now problems with my wearing it I asked a clerk at my car dealership if it would be any problems with the nail polish. She told me in no uncertain terms I represent the dealership and the owner would not like my having nail polish.

Stupid incidents like that are pushing me over the edge to present as a woman in public. All I would have to do is raise the pitch of my speaking voice and talk more gently, and adopt the nickname of ¨Johanna¨.

John
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well employers are a different deal as I've discussed in another thread. However based on what you describe I don't see why it would be an issue. Im not sure how often you interact with the public. My employers handbook basically states that men must dress as men, but women have the right to choose. And yes I have worked in stores where certain girls DO dress in mens clothes on the job. As in actual MENS clothing. They look like tom boys. However NOBODY says a word about it. Its a double standard that does more than grind my gears. Sometimes it makes me downright angry. But what are you gonna do?

Oh to be a western woman in the 21st century. I can hardly fathom the freedoms they take for granted.

But anyway.... back on topic... I guess my wife lucked out on this one. I stopped at KMart today just to look around the shoe section and get some ideas. Well the biggest thing I could find what a simple "grandma" style fabric house shoe in women's size 11. My foot fit but still WAY to tight! I can fit in a mens size 10 but my foot prefers a size 11. I was trying to squeeze my poor foot in the mens equivalent to a size 9. Can't do it! Id probably have to special order something, and I never buy shoes unless I can try them on. And since it looks like Im in a woman's size 12 or 13, this is going to be tough..... Ill probably just stick with my black river shoes which in my opinion are just as good.l and stylish with skirts.

She wins this one. She better be thankful I've got big feet.

I did go ahead a purchase a new pair of river shoes as my old ones were about worn out. I started to photograph the rack to prove to the old lady they are mens foot wear. Because we all know my wearing proper clothing and foot wear keeps the world spinning.
-Andrea
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Look at what women were stuck with early in the 20th century. It was considered abnormal for women to wear pants [trousers] and could be arrested for doing so. At least men now can legally wear skirts and dresses currently.

I guess it is going to take some high level male managers who want to wear skirts and dresses to bring lawsuits against some of the firms that have restrictive policies on men´s attire. First of all the employment picture has to improve so there are more jobs to go around.

John
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

JohnH wrote: I guess it is going to take some high level male managers who want to wear skirts and dresses to bring lawsuits against some of the firms that have restrictive policies on men´s attire. First of all the employment picture has to improve so there are more jobs to go around.

John
I think its been done. I can't think of the source right now but I understand it was thrown out of court. I don't really expect any major changes in that arena in my lifetime. It is what it is. But they WONT tell me what I can wear in MY OWN time.

Oh well. Like I said I don't mind adhering to a company dress code. I just wish it were fair. If one has to wear trousers then everyone does.
-Andrea
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

moonshadow wrote:Shoes are on my to-do list, maybe in November. Can't do heels though, already have enough ball of foot issues.

shoe.jpg
I can tell you from experience that if your feet are used to shoes with arch support, they won't be happy with shoes like these.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

skirted_in_SF wrote:
moonshadow wrote:Shoes are on my to-do list, maybe in November. Can't do heels though, already have enough ball of foot issues.

shoe.jpg
I can tell you from experience that if your feet are used to shoes with arch support, they won't be happy with shoes like these.
I think the size issue is going to be a problem. I've looked and I just can't find anything larger than women's size 11 in a brick and mortar store.

Furthermore, I think I'm going to table the shoe thing for now. Among some things I did find in the brick and mortar stores were some men's shoes that were low profile and I believe may look nice with just about any skirt.

Also consider I have a wide foot as it is, and my feet give me enough trouble with a proper men's shoe. I don't think I need to go around trying to squeeze my foot in a shoe that's ill fitting. One common denominator among ALL women's shoes that I looked over, is they ALL are too narrow! Once in a while I get a nerve issue in the ball of my foot, and the experts say a cramped toe box can make it worse. My ability to walk comfortably is FAR more important than vanity.

The simple fact of the matter is, I just have to big of a foot.

Honestly, I'm thinking just a simple good old fashioned pair of men's white sneakers should do nicely, both for comfort and style.
IACONO_70_RG_324.JPG
Like this.... a quick google search of "mens white sneaker" revealed this for just under $40. Nice, simple, fitting, and I believe would look good with skirts.
-Andrea
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

MS - I'm going to have to look into a shoe with a profile like that as I wear my skirts more and more. Right now I'm wearing sandals, but they are more casual than I would like when wearing to my office and my male shoes are too clunky to provide the right ending to bare legs. This is my opinion of course. :P
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

skirted_in_SF wrote:?..I'm wearing sandals, but they are more casual than I would like when wearing to my office and my male shoes are too clunzky to provide the right ending to bare legs...
I tend to agree.

As to sandals, you can decrease the effect by wearing dark tights.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron