Most "Freestyle" outfit you've worn in public

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Most "Freestyle" outfit you've worn in public

Post by Gordon »

I like that outfit. Very nice indeed.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

dillon wrote:That's seriously daring, SkirtsDad. Please post more.
Happy to oblige but can't promise they'll all be as daring. This one only had a short outing to the bus stop to wait for my best friend who was coming for lunch. We would often have a night on the town together, and she would sometimes borrow my skirts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

SkirtsDad wrote:
Happy to oblige but can't promise they'll all be as daring. This one only had a short outing to the bus stop to wait for my best friend who was coming for lunch. We would often have a night on the town together, and she would sometimes borrow my skirts.
Looking great! Love the skirt and tights ♡♡♡
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

SkirtsDad wrote:
WOW! That's amazing! Absolutely amazing! I especially LOVE the boots! Pretty darn cool, SkirtsDad!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I like your outfits, especially the choice of footwear!
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Potbelly MacKraken

Post by Potbelly MacKraken »

Been freestyling everyday the last year or so, discovering I'm gender-fluid, a term under the Transgender umbrella. Here's what I wore to work tonight. I teach ESL. One of my students complimented me on my earrings. No one has said anything negative about my freestyle attire choice thus far, even while referring to myself as "Mr. _______."
IMG_0722.JPG
IMG_0724.JPG
IMG_0725.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jolt_34500

Post by jolt_34500 »

I guess it might fall into this category. Last Christmas the wife and I attended the local church's Christmas service in which I decided to wear my Black watch tartan kilt. I think what made it more freestyle, at the wife's suggestion since it was about 15 degrees outside that I wear black tights under it, which I did, so I paired that with a decent sweater, heavy wool hunting socks and my hiking boots. To my surprise I received many compliments from the ladies and the shock and awe factor at first of "Wow he is wearing a kilt". Nothing about the tights which at times were visible except for "You have nice legs" from one of the ladies. This was the first time I wore an unbifurcated garment in a public setting so for me, some tasks like sitting was a bit different, but was fairly easy as I paid attention to how the ladies who were wearing skirts sat, although the tights and slip under the kilt also helped.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Yes, I often wear a skirt or kilt, tights, and heels in public, and the item that gets the least attention by far is the tights.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Looks good, PMac. I'm not a fan of scarves though, I suppose because my wife wears them and I get tired of waiting while the layers go on and off again.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Potbelly MacKraken

Post by Potbelly MacKraken »

dillon wrote:Looks good, PMac. I'm not a fan of scarves though, I suppose because my wife wears them and I get tired of waiting while the layers go on and off again.

Thanks! Yeah, scarves...to each their own, eh? I like scarves that are made of rayon and are thin, but really only when it's chilly or cold. Once it gets hot, they come off. I'd much rather wear a comfy rayon scarf than a tie any old day. I don't wear them daily, but they are fun to dress your outfit up more for work and give it some style and color/pattern. I like 'em anyway, sometimes. With women's clothes, you really do have to layer, as they are often made of softer, cooler, thinner fabrics, which is what I prefer as I get so hot so easily. Men's stuff is often too stiff, thick, and course for me. Women's stuff is much more comfy, skin sensation-wise. Wish they made mens clothes out of the thin, smooth fabrics of womens fashion.

Asos can do an OK job with mimicking the feminine style and feel for men, but they're one of the few it seems. Take this men's drape neck top, for example; I'd love to get one for work.

http://us.asos.com/ASOS-Longline-Long-S ... ay9Qcm9kLw..
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Freestyle? Most definitely! This was what I wore on an outing yesterday. Skirts (of any and all lengths), heels and a handbag is how I roll. Wouldn't have it any other way. And yeah, I'm always called "sir"! :lol:
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Looks nice Jeff! I like your jacket. You always seem like such a happy fella in your photo's. :)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Caultron wrote:Yes, I often wear a skirt or kilt, tights, and heels in public, and the item that gets the least attention by far is the tights.
Yup. Even plain solid colour ones. The argyle patterns definitely get looks, and comments. The paisley and check print ones waiting in the wings will have people coming in specifically to see them I think!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

partlyscot wrote:
Caultron wrote:Yes, I often wear a skirt or kilt, tights, and heels in public, and the item that gets the least attention by far is the tights.
Yup. Even plain solid colour ones. The argyle patterns definitely get looks, and comments. The paisley and check print ones waiting in the wings will have people coming in specifically to see them I think!
Are you referring to the skirt pattern or the tights pattern?

Because I haven't seen much reaction to any pattern in tights.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

moonshadow wrote:Looks nice Jeff! I like your jacket. You always seem like such a happy fella in your photo's. :)
Thanks for the kind words. I've had that jacket for a couple of years now, it's comfy and works well with a variety of outfits, from casual to dressy. Well, why shouldn't I be happy, I'm wearing a skirt and heels, that ALWAYS makes me happy! :D