men in tights

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Re: men in tights

Post by Gregg1100 »

300 denier thermal or otherwise tights under kevlar jeans on a cold winters day are brilliant when out on my 500 Kawasaki motorbike.

I don't find any tights uncomfortable under trousers or jeans personally, but used to wearing them nearly all year round. Summer is 10-15 den, winter is as said, up to 300. All bought from Asda. 15 den- 5 pr for £2. 300 den is around £3.50 a pr. 300 Thermal is around £3-£4. Same prices nearly in Sainsburys, Tesco, Aldi etc. I would never pay some of the prices quoted here. As said, get them from the girls side, far cheaper.
As for gents room, I just go in a cubicle to have a leak. I don't wear tights when going out for a few pints.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I just pull the tights down and go over the top but that can be difficult if you're wearing them under trousers. So don't wear trousers.

Odd, BTW, that most tights in the US don't carry a den measurement. The package just says sheer, opaque, ultra-opaque, or whatever.

As to tights labeled for men, I agree, they're waste of money unless you really want that fly, and then your choices go way down. And once you put them on, mot people are going to think they're women's tights anyway.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Liino

Post by Liino »

I have been a big fan and wearer of pantyhose/tights for many years now, in fact I hardly do not wear some sort of hosiery all the time.
There are many styles and shades available even for men specifically. While the tights from Emilio Cavaliini are thick they are warm and very fashionable. I have several from the online store and was no problem getting them from Italy. Shapings in Ontario Canada has been an awesome place to find all sorts of European hosiery, they very good and easy buy from. I regularly buy all sorts of pantyhose/tights men's and women's hosiery from them, highly recommend them.
Steve at Glieberman's is awesome to deal with and has many available too.
Here are some links to men's pantyhose/tights, all good places to shop!

http://www.emiliocavallini.com/en/man/m ... e-megging/
http://www.shapings.com/mens-hosiery/
http://www.glieberman.com/
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Liino wrote:Here are some links to men's pantyhose/tights, all good places to shop!

You know, just about the only difference between these and women's tights is the packaging, and women's tights are 1/3 the price, and once you throw away the packaging, no one can tell the difference.

Or am I missing something?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I've been wearing men's ballet tights a lot this winter. Which is fine, if you're like me, and don't need a lot of color. They are thick and durable.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

I have recently bought some very colourful tights from foot traffic, haven't worn them to work yet, expecting some comments! They came from their big/tall section, and actually fit me fairly comfortably. Mostly I find one size way too small, and bigger sizes tend to fall down in the crotch. These do a pretty good job of staying put without cutting my waist in half. For reference I'm 6'2" 200 pounds, 41" hip and 38-39" waist (at the moment)

Foot traffic's website is slightly annoying, (but less so than shapings) and the the customer service on the phone is excellent.

Must get some pictures up.
Liino

Post by Liino »

Caultron wrote:
Liino wrote:Here are some links to men's pantyhose/tights, all good places to shop!

You know, just about the only difference between these and women's tights is the packaging, and women's tights are 1/3 the price, and once you throw away the packaging, no one can tell the difference.

Or am I missing something?
True Caultron, however for some guys and their wives having a dedicated men's hosiery may be the way they can some pantyhose. I wear mostly women's but do wear the Cavalini Tights. Price is a point but no can say there is no Men's Hosiery. They are all good.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Liino wrote:True Caultron, however for some guys and their wives having a dedicated men's hosiery may be the way they can some pantyhose. I wear mostly women's but do wear the Cavalini Tights. Price is a point but no can say there is no Men's Hosiery. They are all good.
Well, yeah, if the gender on the label makes a go/nogo difference, then go with the go.

caultron
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Caultron wrote:
Liino wrote:True Caultron, however for some guys and their wives having a dedicated men's hosiery may be the way they can some pantyhose. I wear mostly women's but do wear the Cavalini Tights. Price is a point but no can say there is no Men's Hosiery. They are all good.
Well, yeah, if the gender on the label makes a go/nogo difference, then go with the go.
Yep, and some people insist on buying name brand, even though Tyson makes Food Club chicken nuggets. The only thing that changes is the bag.

As it goes with so many other things.... people will pay more just to have that little bit of extra security of saying "look, it says MEN'S on the pack!"
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

I love tights,pantyhose,and leggings. I don't understand it. they just feel great. usually don't wear with skirt much when I go out though
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

Bamaskirting wrote:I love tights,pantyhose,and leggings. I don't understand it. they just feel great. usually don't wear with skirt much when I go out though
I usually don't wear legwear with skirts in public. When I'm wearing hose or tights in public, it's usually with shorts. Just like wearing skirts in public for the first time, I was a bit nervous. Now, it's like no big deal...

--Rick
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Kilted Musician wrote:
Bamaskirting wrote:I love tights,pantyhose,and leggings. I don't understand it. they just feel great. usually don't wear with skirt much when I go out though
I usually don't wear legwear with skirts in public. When I'm wearing hose or tights in public, it's usually with shorts. Just like wearing skirts in public for the first time, I was a bit nervous. Now, it's like no big deal...

--Rick
Aptly put - there is always the first time - breaking the ice and getting over stage fright and when done around family friends and work associates raising the heart
rate to earthquake level - then except with rare exceptions the calm after the exposure ! Only thing one has to do after the first time is tailor the exposure index to
something tolerable so that you are not disowned by the family - unfriended by friends - or finding a new line of work at work !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I almost always wear pantyhose/tights with a skirt when I'm out and about in public. I agree with Bamaskirting in that I think they feel wonderful. Plus they hide all the scars and blemishes on my legs.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

r.m.anderson wrote:
Kilted Musician wrote:

--Rick
... Only thing one has to do after the first time is tailor the exposure index to something tolerable so that you are not disowned by the family - unfriended by friends - or finding a new line of work at work !
I think I'm lucky because In my case, I work for a friend of mine and he owns the company. Just the 2 of us. He knows I wear skirts/kilts and legwear on occasion and doesn't mind. Just not at work for practical reasons. Most of my friends know I wear skirts/kilts/lewgwear/nail polish on occasion and they don't mind either. As far as family goes, I don't have any family in the local area. When in public, I tailor my exposure index to what feels/looks comfortable to me. A few occasional second looks but no biggie... :D

--Rickl
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Gordon wrote:I almost always wear pantyhose/tights with a skirt when I'm out and about in public. I agree with Bamaskirting in that I think they feel wonderful. Plus they hide all the scars and blemishes on my legs.
I can definitely relate to that! Suntan hose works wonders! :lol: Yesterday I went grocery shopping wearing a demin knee length skirt with suntan L'eggs SE hose. Looks and felt great. IIRC, this is the first time I wore hose with a skirt in public. I've got tights in different colors so maybe I'll try that next!

--Rick