The Perceptible Willy

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Postby moonshadow » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:16 pm

dillon wrote:
Sinned wrote:hairy, so what's the problem. Would you rather people think that you're very small or binding it somehow. And women have bigger bulges in a different place and they don't even attempt to hide them but often flaunt them. It is what it is and as you say tight bottoms of any ilk show it. I have skirts that show a bulge and it doesn't bother me.


I sort of agree, but my take is that THIS IS HOW MEN ARE MADE. Women show their bust in their clothing styles, and intentionally. They may wear bras for support, but they don't try to conceal the way they are made. Protruding female nipples are regarded as sexy now. There is no need for us to conceal our construction either. And women's swimsuits clearly emphasize the mons pubis, even to the point of the proverbial cameltoe. Fear not the bulge, gentlemen, unless you detest your own genitals. That, of course, is entirely another sort of problem.


It seems like you two are in agreement?

Count me in! Granted I'm not out here trying to pitch a tent so to speak, but my genitals are what they are. I remember when my wife and I had this discussion some time ago, she said she could see the bulge and after some debate, I finally put on a pair of my work trousers and demonstrated that the bulge is also present with those (trousers) as well. It's just the way we're made.
"We all have the tendency to make simple things difficult, but the spirit that abides within us achieves its own ends by making all difficult things simple."
-Manly Palmer Hall
User avatar
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 3430
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am
Location: Lebanon, Virginia

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Postby dillon » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:29 pm

Ironic how it doesn't matter in trousers, isn't it? Maybe because no one ever looks at trousers.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 2064
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:12 pm
Location: southeast NC coast

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Postby skirtyscot » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:06 pm

Heavy fabrics, seams and patterns all help to make the bulge less obvious. Most of my skirts are denim or cord, and there may be a bit of a "mons penis" but not enough to frighten the horses. But lighter fabrics do leave less to the imagination, and I am more careful when wearing them. The difference between a man's bulge under his skirt and in his jeans is in the eye of the beholder. We're all pushing the boundary of what is acceptable for men, but doing nothing wrong. We don't want to give someone the chance to complain about about a display of genitalia. A bulging crotch in a pair of trousers is normal; nobody minds. The fact that women can display or even emphasise their breasts is by the by. Nobody said life was meant to be fair.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 2664
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: West Kilbride, Ayrshire, Scotland

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Postby Sinned » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:47 pm

I think that it all boils down to familiarisation. We don't notice the bulge with shorts or trousers because we expect to see it and hence ignore it. Skirts on a man are new and draw the attention so it's unfamiliar and we notice the bulge. Once skirts on men are more familiar then we won't notice it anymore. N'est-ce pas, or no es asi?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
User avatar
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 3135
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: York, England

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Postby STEVIE » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:30 pm

Hi All,

Let's face a simple fact, there is no answer.
At least, nothing that could be "definitive"
Show your contours to your heart's content!
That's your choice.
You can deal with any consequences as they arise.
I reckon we tend to "exaggerate" some "bits".
Be ready for an awful lot of not being "NOTICED"!
Steve.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:01 pm
Location: North East Scotland.

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Postby dillon » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:01 am

STEVIE wrote:Hi All,

Let's face a simple fact, there is no answer.
At least, nothing that could be "definitive"
Show your contours to your heart's content!
That's your choice.
You can deal with any consequences as they arise.
I reckon we tend to "exaggerate" some "bits".
Be ready for an awful lot of not being "NOTICED"!
Steve.


Couldn't agree more. No one wants to look like a "Ken" doll. Bulge away; just obscure the details, please.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 2064
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:12 pm
Location: southeast NC coast

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Postby moonshadow » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:09 am

Yes it's interesting how Barbie gets to be stacked, but Ken's got nothing!

Guess you could say Barbie got the short end of the stick!... :lol:
"We all have the tendency to make simple things difficult, but the spirit that abides within us achieves its own ends by making all difficult things simple."
-Manly Palmer Hall
User avatar
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 3430
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am
Location: Lebanon, Virginia

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Postby r.m.anderson » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:08 am

Interesting that the "Thigh Gap" has come into play more so than ever and emphasis on the Flat Front is the norm !
But for the male never the twain shall be meet - and abhor any attempt to change that. It is just not natural to be
"Bulgeless" unless one is in a post opt transition. The aproned kilt sort of being an exception !
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
User avatar
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: Bloomington MN

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Postby kilty » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:55 pm

r.m.anderson wrote:Interesting that the "Thigh Gap" has come into play more so than ever and emphasis on the Flat Front is the norm !
But for the male never the twain shall be meet - and abhor any attempt to change that. It is just not natural to be
"Bulgeless" unless one is in a post opt transition. The aproned kilt sort of being an exception !


I realized my more formal pencil skirts highlighted my bulge, but I like the cut of them. Having switched to denim pencil skirts, it's no longer an issue. The bulge is there but no one's bothered, even if the skirt is just as tight. There's nothing wrong with just being a guy in a skirt. I think tucking and everything to conceal things is going one step further, but I'm not trying to pass as a woman (I think the heavy build and stubble gives that away), though naturally I do wear tights, slips and knickers with my skirts but that's just part of the attire. Hopefully men's skirts will evolve past the kilt, but I think for that to become mainstream the prices of skirts for men have to drop. Hopefully men will cotton on to the fact they can buy a denim skirt for next to nothing compared to a custom made 'menskirt' :wink:
kilty
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:47 pm
Location: w london

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Postby essexsparks » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:59 pm

it would seem that showing a male appendage in public would been seen by others as some sexual 'kink'. that perhaps would give cause for concern for us as we would then be seen as perverts and therefore hounded by the impending lynch mob around the corner with pitchforks and flaming torches.
I think I would try to appear 'whiter than white' so people think I am just trying to be 'normal' and not a pervert. however the bulge is natural and short of an operation, it isn't going to go away.
essexsparks
Junior Member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:58 am

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Postby Orange Apple » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:29 am

kilty wrote:Hopefully men will cotton on to the fact they can buy a denim skirt for next to nothing compared to a custom made 'menskirt' :wink:

Skirts marketed to men are a useful crutch for men who want to wear skirts but are not yet ready to go shopping in the women's section. They can rationalize it by "It is men's clothing". That's just a rationalization, but in some cases it is a useful bridge. Speaking for myself, first I bought a Skirtcraft garment and after wearing that in public I realized that it's simply not a big deal. The same can be said of kilts.

Reminds me of the pink razors and other similar merchandise that is marketed to women when it's actually the same product that is sold to men at a fraction of the price.
Orange Apple
Distinguished Member
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 4:59 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Postby Pdxfashionpioneer » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:48 am

Let's be clear about a few things:
- No woman would feel complimented to hear, "That's quite the camel toe you have there!"
- I've seen what the subject and photographer thought were fashion shots of men in long, tight dresses and very perceptible willys ... let me put it this way, no one really
cares whether or not you're circumcised and that break in the dresses' lines did absolutely nothing for the look.
- As to there being nothing one can do about it, not so, control top pantyhose (tights on the other side of the pond) and shapewear work marvelously without perceptible
pain.
Dave, the PDX Fashion Pioneer
User avatar
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 896
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:39 am
Location: Portland, OR, USA

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Postby Sinned » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:48 pm

Sorry, pdx, I have to disagree with you here. I don't want to give up the confines of tight trousers only to replace them with tight control underwear. Just as bad for our health, kind of defeats the object really and takes away the comfort and other advantages of the skirt. Whilst I don't think that we should wear ANYTHING so tight on our lower half that it ACCENTUATES what we have, and there are photos out there of tight TROUSERS that do show shape and form, to show what is a natural slight bulge that would be shown with non-tight shorts and trousers is acceptable. I would not be embarrassed at a slight bulge. OTOH the camel-toe caused by too tight shorts/trousers is just as unacceptable in women.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
User avatar
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 3135
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: York, England

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Postby crfriend » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:00 pm

One of the nice things about skirts is that if one happens to have a bit of a "paunch" (I've got one) is that it makes the skirt stand off somewhat from the natural anatomy below it. Voilà, problem solved!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
User avatar
crfriend
Master Barista
 
Posts: 9524
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: New England (U.S.)

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Postby Orange Apple » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:19 am

crfriend wrote:One of the nice things about skirts is that if one happens to have a bit of a "paunch" (I've got one) is that it makes the skirt stand off somewhat from the natural anatomy below it. Voilà, problem solved!

Yep. I have the same non-problem problem. I've never had any willy-showing issue.

I have been a bit irritated that some of my skirts accentuate my extra fat around the waist. My wife let me try a "shaper" to cure that problem, and indeed it did take care of the look I didn't like. But it was sufficiently uncomfortable that I didn't think the nicer look justified the discomfort.

It did give me an appreciation for the things that women have to put up with in the name of appearance. One of the reasons I enjoy wearing skirts is their comfort. Add full shapewear so that you have bulges in all the right places and the comfort aspect is gone. Add panty hose [yes, I know some of you like them; I do not find them comfortable], ridiculously uncomfortable shoes, a push-up bra, makeup, a hairstyle that takes an hour to fix . . . and wow, these gals are really going to a lot of trouble and making themselves uncomfortable. Of course they're doing it as much to impress the other women as men; maybe much more.
Orange Apple
Distinguished Member
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 4:59 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

PreviousNext

Return to Freestyle Fashions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest