The Perceptible Willy

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Milfmog

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Post by Milfmog »

r.m.anderson wrote:Having seen the photo earlier somewhere around the 8th or 9th post that was enough !
Of course I do not need to look at it but I think that it should not be replicated !
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !
If the Mods Admins think in the same vein then do something Please ?
From a personal perspective (I really do not want to wear that scratchy old moderation hat if I don't need to) there are a couple of things I would raise here.

The picture is indeed tasteless, and probably did not need to be posted again, even though it is in context. However, it is in the public domain and does not overstep any decency boundaries and so does not merit censorship. Equally we all see things every day that we would rather not, and manage to get past them without any real problem simply by looking away.

I would also remind folks that every post has a "Report" button. If you think that a post oversteps the mark, please use that button, do not call it out publicly; that is only likely to add fuel to the flames and start a war.

OK, enough said. Let's resume normal service.

Have fun (that's an order :D),

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I would prefer to censor the people who would appear in public like that than to censor the media for photographing it.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

As a foot soldier in this dragoon I notice that while Ian M. was an ornery run-o'-the-mill General he used to invite us to 'HaveFun'.

Now he's got his Field Marshall's baton he's ORDERING us all to 'have fun'. One more example of the uniform going to one's head, I suppose. :wink:

You're right, Dillon. Those guys are obviously a team and whoever manages them could and should have directed them to wear something under that lycra. Photographers never miss an opportunity, though....

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Kirbstone wrote: Now he's got his Field Marshall's baton he's ORDERING us all to 'have fun'.
As long as the baton is under control with appropriate tights and underwear, I'm sure his skirts are Ok :lol:
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

skirted_in_SF wrote:I've solved that problem, I wear a skirt when riding my bike. :D
Wisdom...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

dillon wrote:I would prefer to censor the people who would appear in public like that than to censor the media for photographing it.
I have worn such shorts in public. So what?
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

partlyscot wrote:I have worn such shorts in public. So what?
Good.
Part of what I see this site about is giving us choice in clothing.
The more variety, the more we stretch the boundaries, the better.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

partlyscot wrote:
dillon wrote:I would prefer to censor the people who would appear in public like that than to censor the media for photographing it.
Unless you had just completed a bike race, then I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree on matters of decorum. Clearly we will each have a different opinion as to how much revelation crosses the line, and under what circumstances. I am curious, though, why a man choosing to publically profile that much of his genitalia wouldn't simply dispense with the shorts altogether?
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I'm not sure that showing the outline of your genitals in such detail is really the way ahead. I have cycling shorts too, and pointing yourself upwards does help to minimise squashing, but those guys could have made a quick adjustment before stepping onto the podium.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

dillon wrote:
partlyscot wrote:
Unless you had just completed a bike race, then I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree on matters of decorum. Clearly we will each have a different opinion as to how much revelation crosses the line, and under what circumstances. I am curious, though, why a man choosing to publically profile that much of his genitalia wouldn't simply dispense with the shorts altogether?
Not a race no, but yes a longish bike ride. Naked? One the legality of it, Two, bike shorts are far more comfortable than naked.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

partlyscot wrote:Not a race no, but yes a longish bike ride. Naked? One the legality of it, Two, bike shorts are far more comfortable than naked.
Facetious: adjective; treating serious issues with flippancy and joking; humor tinged with sarcasm or irony.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

partlyscot wrote:Not a race no, but yes a longish bike ride. Naked? One the legality of it, Two, bike shorts are far more comfortable than naked.
Naked? Yes! The World Naked Bike Ride, coming to a city near you! Check out http://www.worldnakedbikeride.org

-----Henry
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Couya »

No problem with nakedness, and would not mind joining a WNBR, but clicking on your link I get only an ad for antivirus stuff.

Martin
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

The link works for me; otherwise go the usual Google route...
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Couya wrote:No problem with nakedness, and would not mind joining a WNBR, but clicking on your link I get only an ad for antivirus stuff.

Martin
You may actually HAVE a virus, and it is re-directing you to make a sale.