Freestyler or...?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
thoth51

Freestyler or...?

Post by thoth51 »

Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: Freestyler or...?

Post by Since1982 »

Looks like a mere "happy person" to me. Ppl sure do want to pick at people for their choices in that country. Who is he hurting? No one. So leave him alone, or be friendly. :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtedViking »

Definitely a freestyler to me.Cheers!
There is nothing worse than double standard!
kidme

Post by kidme »

that's why I wouldn't put on a skirt and walk out of the door in Singapore.
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

kidme. Your response confuses.

Overall the reaction to this guy has either been of pitty (which stinks) to all out support.

I think he looks terrible, but to each their own.

But why would you take the stance that you would not put on a skirt and go out the door in Singapore? Someone snapping your pic can happen in any country, and from what I understand of Singapore if any one took upon themselves to beat this guy up THEY would be the ones getting beaten down by the cops.

In Singapore it is my understanding a woman can walk down the street in a short skirt or dress, on her own with no fear of rape. I think the same would apply to men exercising their fashion expression.
" Pre-conceptions are the biggest enemy of humans. they prevent us from moving forward. If you want to see "another reality" you must first throw out your pre-conceptions. Every thing starts from there." -Mana
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I think Kidme "lives" in Singapore, and just "might" know more about what happens to frilly, lacy dress wearing men in his town/Island/country. (All 3 are named Singapore. It's the only Country in the world where the Capital city and the Country on the Island have the same name. Capital city = Singapore, Country = Singapore, Island = Singapore.
Singapore.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
thoth51

Post by thoth51 »

Since1982 wrote:Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I think Kidme "lives" in Singapore, and just "might" know more about what happens to frilly, lacy dress wearing men in his town/Island/country. (All 3 are named Singapore. It's the only Country in the world where the Capital city and the Country on the Island have the same name. Capital city = Singapore, Country = Singapore, Island = Singapore.
Singapore.gif
I live in Singapore as well, and I second Pythos' sentiment. We Singaporeans tend to be non-confrontational, and a man in a frilly dress would likely to met with stares and snickers rather than outright verbal insults or physical violence. My guess is that Kidme prefers not to deal with the mocking rather than any fear of being beaten up.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Since1982 »

I think Kidme will work his way up to going outside in a skirt in time. Some folks are more outgoing and some are more afraid of "what will people say" Those folks just have to get up the nerve from somewhere to just try it once. After they do and find it's not such a big thing as it has been in their minds it will become, (like it has with you and I ) no big thing. He just has to do it in his own time. Talking to (thru this forum) those of us who are out and about in skirts 24/7 only gets him a small part of what WE went thru before WE got off our multiple asses and took that first step into the public skirted. It was just as much of a challenge for me as it is now for him. I, as a man, started in 1972 in an island in the South Pacific where ALL the men wore skirted garments and stayed there for 9 months and it became 2nd nature.

But when I returned to the USA it was not so easy to jump out in public in TROUSERED society while skirted and took me another 33 years to get back into skirts publically. That is mainly because I found THIS site when it was called Tom's Cafe and tried a skirt in public again a year after I joined here in 2004. It was no big thing and I've never backslid since but I definitely remember how hard it was doing it in the rednecky, commercial fishermen based Florida Keys where NO one else was doing it. Now it's different, TG. I'll never go back to a trousered life. :thewave:

Skirtlover61

Post by Skirtlover61 »

The man in Singapore that was spotted wearing a dress, I would not mind being in his situation. I very often wear dresses in public, it is very easy to do. I get a lot of stares and snickers like the man in Singapore, but I don't mind that. I have had people to take my picture but I don't mind that, no big deal. I love to wear dresses and the opinions of other people is not going to stop me. Any man that wants to wear skirts and dresses should go for it, he should not hesitate. Learning to ignore the stares and snickers from other people is very easy to do. Nobody should let the opinions of other people keep them from doing things they enjoy doing and wearing the clothes they want to wear.
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

I vote Freestyler.
The dress itself reminds me of something Brad Pitt wore on the cover of Rolling Stone 10 years ago.
Though I was never a fan of that kind of 60's style color scheme, I'm happy to see him out there.
The more of us that get out there, the more accepting of us the world will be.