A favorite skirt!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

A favorite skirt!

Post by DALederle »

Just about any skirt I could wear would be favored over any pair of pants I could wear!
But I have one skirt I like more then the rest. It is the one I'm wearing today. A white, twill skirt that comes down to just above my ankles. As a skirt made and sold for women this one is a Maxi skirt that would be shoe top length on the "average" (whatever that is) woman. On me, at 6'4" it come to just above my ankles.
I love the feel of the hem as it swishes around on my lower calfs just above my ankles. Each motion allows the hem to flow around me and I can "feel" it there. It is something special to me, this feeling of just knowing I'm wearing a skirt.
I don't even know why that's important to me but it is.
Maybe it's just the thought that I'm not wearing pants today!
Maybe it's just the lightness of the way the cloth touches me!
Who knows?
I do know that I really enjoy the feeling as I walk around wearing this skirt. I even enjoy the feeling when I brush the skirt under me as I sit down. Sigh!
To bad our culture does not allow or accept that kind of feeling for men!
Dennis A. Lederle
:D
Kris
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A favorite skirt!

Post by Kris »

DALederle wrote: To bad our culture does not allow or accept that kind of feeling for men!
Our culture or society doesn't have to "allow" or "accept" our feelings.
Your feelings are yours. Just as natural and valid as anyone else's.
So feel free to feel the way you do. (Not that anyone has to tell you that!) :)

Kris
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Sounds like a terrific skirt, may we see it also?? :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I, too, have a long skirt that feels absolutely wonderful on, mainly from its motion as I walk, but also because of the fabric it's constructed of. Unlike DAL's mine's outright ankle length, made of a viscose fabric that moves like it's liquid, and a burgundy colour. It's fairly straight, but isn't particularly constraining when it comes to a decent walk. The feel of it is simply splendid.

I can see no rational reason why men should be denied the sensations that clothing can impart. That men tend to be constrained to denim, connon, and cotton-poly blends (and on occasion, wool) I find sad. I've got some skirts in velvet -- which feels wonderful and looks great; I have the afforementioned one in some sort of viscose fabric, a couple of cotton-poly blends (which are lighter than the fabrics commonly used in men's clothing), and a few in a heavy cotton jersey (which is quite nice itself). All feel different from my menswear garments -- and, I think, feel nicer on. I understand that lighter-weight fabrics translates into a shorter lifetime for the garment, but believe that it can be a worthwhile tradeoff.

Don't deny yourself, and if nobody else is going to care, reach for the stars.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
stars1

Post by stars1 »

Sounds like a nice skirt
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

OK - I've been thinking about comments made about 'this' or 'that' skirt
that would make it the poster's 'favorite skirt'. So, I'm resurrecting this
thread by saying "My favorite skirt is - - the one I'm wearing at any given
point in time". It's that simple :!: :D :D :D :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Uncle Al wrote: So, I'm resurrecting this thread by saying "My favorite skirt is - - the one I'm wearing at any given point in time".
:D I don't know that I'd go that far; there are a few skirts I picked up just because I was starting to buy skirts and didn't really know what I would like. I keep them around as spares and because I just can't bear to part with clothes that aren't damaged or really terrible to wear, just... not my favorites.

Of the others, I'm with you in that I couldn't narrow it down more than that. I have a super-long black rayon skirt that brushes the tops of my feet and I probably wear that most often because I do love maxis. But I also love the mid-calf maroon rayon skirt that has western-style belt loops and pockets, and the heavier velvet skirts for winter. And I've got my eye on a heavier khaki skirt after all my holiday spending is done and I've started to rebuild my clothing allowance out of the household budget.
Ralph!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I'm not sure if I have "a favorite", but I do have some that I tend to choose more often over others....
Just about anything from Misty Mountain just because I feel they compliment "my style", although they tend to be more for warmer weather (very thin fabric), and NOT to be worn when you might get dirty.
The simple knee length black skirt I purchased from Ross is another one I like to wear often, but again, more for warmer weather. I still enjoy slipping on my Mouseworks skirt when it's cool, and also enjoy just wearing it around the house as though they were PJ's. I also like the rather simple blue ankle length "Grandma" skirt I got at the Chilhowie VA Goodwill. just because it seems to be a "working skirt". The kind of thing you'd wear while doing chores.

Just a few of the skirts that get selected more than others.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Jim2
Distinguished Member

Post by Jim2 »

Ralph wrote:mid-calf maroon rayon skirt that has western-style belt loops and pockets
That sounds like the kind of skirt I'd love. I have too many skirts without pockets. Do you know if it's still available/ If so, where can I get it?
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Asking me to name a favorite skirt is like asking me to choose my favorite child. Each is an individual with a unique personality, and I love them all!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Jim2 wrote:That sounds like the kind of skirt I'd love. I have too many skirts without pockets. Do you know if it's still available/ If so, where can I get it?
Sorry bro, I got it on ebay years ago. Amazingly the label is still legible; it says "New Frontier". Sadly, that name plus an image search matching the above only turns up my blog that's the source of this image. But I can at least give a picture to make you jealous :D
If you do find one like it online, tell us all where! This one is starting to get a little frayed and I wouldn't mind replacing it.
Ralph!
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

my new from ebay vsecret skater skirt. i wish i could wear it everywhere
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheEnforcer

Post by TheEnforcer »

Nice skater skirt! And I love your Black Label Society shirt!
Life's for my own, to live my own way!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

grlyboy wrote:my new from ebay vsecret skater skirt. i wish i could wear it everywhere
Why not?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
SkirtLover40

Post by SkirtLover40 »

I agree. I am in love with long skirts- particularly the Tiered Maxi Skirt and the long tiered ruffle skirt! I wear them all the time and you pretty much summed it all up! I love tucking the skirt under me and am constantly wearing skirts. Today I was getting my hair cut and a lady was wearing a grey maxi skirt and all I could do was keep myself from looking at it. Please post the name of the skirt as I would like to try it myself!