When will men wear women's clothing...

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.

Re: When will men wear women's clothing...

Postby Grok » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:33 am

I looked at the web site for Purple Rain skirts. I noticed that their "kilts" are described as Unisex.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Postby weeladdie18 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:34 am

The recent warm summer weather has brought more lassies out on the street wearing summer skirts with no tights or leggings.
I am quite happy out on the street wearing my summer skirts. There again this is a comfortable way of life for me.

However I am retiring into a world where I do not consider it is practical to wear skirts in some circumstances.
I recently bought a pair of new summer shorts . I feel they are pretty vile and uncomfortable ....But they are popular and everyone
is wearing them.....some lassies wear nice short pencil shaped skirts

Perhaps the answer is that there is no accounting for personal taste with regard to any fashion on the market.
The great unwashed just pull on their clothes and get on with their uncreative lives............

We as a male group ........just wear the skirt we wish to wear.....we will not change the world..............weeladdie
weeladdie18

Postby crfriend » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:40 am

weeladdie18 wrote:We as a male group ........just wear the skirt we wish to wear.....we will not change the world.

Ah, but there's the rub. True, we may not change the wider world, but we certainly change the local environment we inhabit -- and we do so by simply being ourselves. Whether we are reviled, celebrated, or merely tolerated, by our simple presence and our behaviours we alter the perception of those around us -- and more so by actively interacting with those around us.

So, don't sell one's self short. We certainly do make a difference, and most folks, once they think about it, respect that.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Postby weeladdie18 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:10 pm

We may actively interact with those around us but from my observation we have not changed the sighting percentage regarding
"sightings in the wild " ....Perhaps there are more men in skirts locally out in the wild but perhaps I have not been to their skirt wearing
location.

Have any of our friends spotted more men in skirts recently in their personal location ? ? ? ? weeladdie
weeladdie18

Postby FranTastic444 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:10 pm

weeladdie18 wrote:
Have any of our friends spotted more men in skirts recently in their personal location ? ? ? ? weeladdie

I wonder whether I've been missing sightings all of these years because I haven't been looking for them??? Since joining this forum I'm definitely more aware of what people around me are wearing - I'm just about to add another one to the spotted thread.
FranTastic444

Previous

Return to Freestyle Fashions