Hi

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
hillaryskirt

Hi

Post by hillaryskirt »

It’s nice to be here. This feels like a real find with a good vibe. I live in the UK and am proud of my Scottish DNA and have worn a kilt for Hogmanay and yeah.
Dig the skirt wearing too; my favourite is a classic longer A-line.
I have great respect for ‘the boyz’ - & you guys who have the balls to be real and true. Courage - I can smell it it’s great.
That’s about it for now - Hillary
"The past is never dead. It's not even past." - William Faulkner.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hi

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Hillary, from Illinois, USA.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:

Welcome Hillary, Nice to have you with us. We have a lot of information to give and are ready to receive any you might have fir us. :D

So grab a cuppa and have a seat and enjoy the ride.. :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
DonaldG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by DonaldG »

Welcome Hillary, from another skirt wearing Scot.
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

It's funny how things change. I remember a time when I slipped on 'ladies' stuff' [as a young man] and in my worst moments felt like a'creep in the night ' but now my girlfriends just smile indulgently when I tell them of my latest skirt 'slipping on' adventure.
I am not being glib - there are real challenges out there - but I merely note the changing culture.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Hi hillary, yeah, we've all been through the uncomfortable feeling that there's something wrong with our minds. Normal. But remember that we are overcoming a lifetime's worth of brain-washing, conditioning, call it what you will. It's been going on since we were old enough to walk. But you are now on a road that will be mostly light-hearted and joyful but, like any road, it has it's bumps and twists and turns. Be prepared for them but don't let them stop you moving forward. At times, stop and sit on the verge and contemplate how far you've gone and prepare yourself for the next stage of the journey - it'll be a ride like no other that you've had!!!!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

hillaryskirt wrote:It's funny how things change. I remember a time when I slipped on 'ladies' stuff' [as a young man] and in my worst moments felt like a'creep in the night ' but now my girlfriends just smile indulgently when I tell them of my latest skirt 'slipping on' adventure.
I am not being glib - there are real challenges out there - but I merely note the changing culture.
Sounds like you have some great girl friends.

I wish I knew a few women that were open minded like that. For years I have wanted to go on a clothing shoping trip with a woman or two or three.
And be a part of that collective shopping experience. I absolutely love skirt shopping and would love doing it in a group.

I went to my local thrift shop Saturday, bought 2 more skirts and one skort.

Tried to try on four others, but decided they were not my size, or very practical. Best thing of all when I got to the checkout. It was a 50% off every thing sale day. So the three skirts only cost me $7.00 total.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

Thanks again for the replies above.
mishawakaskirt wrote: Sounds like you have some great girl friends.

I wish I knew a few women that were open minded like that. For years I have wanted to go on a clothing shoping trip with a woman or two or three.
And be a part of that collective shopping experience. I absolutely love skirt shopping and would love doing it in a group.

I went to my local thrift shop Saturday, bought 2 more skirts and one skort.

Tried to try on four others, but decided they were not my size, or very practical. Best thing of all when I got to the checkout. It was a 50% off every thing sale day. So the three skirts only cost me $7.00 total.
Thanks yes I have some great girlfriends however when I say girlfriends I mean basically women I know! One of them is my counsellor!
Anyway women can be sooo understanding of men wearing skirts.
Re your thrift shop visits I can relate to that: it's a favourite pastime..
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

hillaryskirt wrote:It's funny how things change. I remember a time when I slipped on 'ladies' stuff' [as a young man] and in my worst moments felt like a'creep in the night ' but now my girlfriends just smile indulgently when I tell them of my latest skirt 'slipping on' adventure.
Welcome Hillary. Out of curiosity, is "Hillary" one of those names like "Lesley" or "Kimberly" that are used without regard to a person's sex (more often in the old world than the new world, perhaps), or are you paying homage to a certain former candidate for United States president, or what? My name never used to be one of those, but ever since Daryl Hannah became famous I've noted some other female Daryls out there on occasion.
Daryl...
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

Daryl wrote:
hillaryskirt wrote: Welcome Hillary. Out of curiosity, is "Hillary" one of those names like "Lesley" or "Kimberly" that are used without regard to a person's sex (more often in the old world than the new world, perhaps), or are you paying homage to a certain former candidate for United States president, or what? My name never used to be one of those, but ever since Daryl Hannah became famous I've noted some other female Daryls out there on occasion.
Oh hi Daryl.
The short answer is yes Hillary is one of those names that spans genders. Kimberly is an interesting idea too. Daryl Hannah? Cripes! That must be rare to use as a female name.
Thanks h
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

Fred in Skirts wrote::welcome:

Welcome Hillary, Nice to have you with us. We have a lot of information to give and are ready to receive any you might have fir us. :D

So grab a cuppa and have a seat and enjoy the ride.. :lol:
Thank you Fred. :wink:
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well... the leader of North Korea's name is Kim....

And the leader of South Korea's name is... Moon...

hehehe..... that's so cool!

And Moon Shadow drives a Kia, a Korean automobile.... Jenn drives a Hyundai, which is made by Kia, or at least has Kia parts in it.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

Jim wrote:Welcome, Hillary, from Illinois, USA.
Thank you Jim. :D
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Hello Hillary from S.W. Cornwall ...I have been wearing skirts and Traditional Scottish Kilts for years....Even The Cornish ,The Welsh
and the Irish have their own Kilts....Joe Public does not care what the Man in a Skirt wears out on the street.... so just find your favourite
style and go for it....An easy fit which several members enjoy wearing is the traditional summer skirt with an elasticated waist band.

Usually about 5 pounds , £5..., in a charity shop......full and comfortable for driving and walking .............weeladdie
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

weeladdie18 wrote:Hello Hillary from S.W. Cornwall ...I have been wearing skirts and Traditional Scottish Kilts for years....Even The Cornish ,The Welsh
and the Irish have their own Kilts....Joe Public does not care what the Man in a Skirt wears out on the street.... so just find your favourite
style and go for it....An easy fit which several members enjoy wearing is the traditional summer skirt with an elasticated waist band.

Usually about 5 pounds , £5..., in a charity shop......full and comfortable for driving and walking .............weeladdie
Thank you Wee Laddie and a traditional summer skirt sounds perfect for the warm months ahead and I like my skirts to be comfortable. I also like A-line as a more tailored style and below the knee (I'm rather conservative).
Have a nice evening.
Hillary