Newby from the north

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
bridkid

Newby from the north

Post by bridkid »

Just to say hi to all, having found this site. I've only recently taken up skirting, and what a revelation! It has to be the most comfortable garment to wear in this hot weather. I took the plunge two weeks ago, went into a charity shop and bought a just above the knee pleated denim number. I've worn it everyday since (just ordered another denim from ebay).

I was worried about wearing it in public at first, then thought **** it and went into Morrisons, and apart from a few double takes, no one seemed bothered. Empowered by that, I wore it to my local this last sunday, once again no one was bothered. So now all the village has seen me in it. I feel liberated!!

Many thanks to the schoolboys last year, and the builders in the news recently for their inspiration! I don't think I would have done it otherwise!
If it aint Yorkshire, it's crap!
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Newby from the north

Post by Rokje »

Welcome skirted bridkid

Greetings from a skirted dutchman...............female to be......because i'm transgender MtF. :welcome:
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:
Welcome to the Skirtcafe grab a seat and a cuppa relax and join in on the fun. We are a fantastic group of like minded people who enjoy the comfort and joy of wearing skirts. You will fit in nicely with the group.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

bridkid wrote:Just to say hi to all, having found this site. I've only recently taken up skirting, and what a revelation! It has to be the most comfortable garment to wear in this hot weather. I took the plunge two weeks ago, went into a charity shop and bought a just above the knee pleated denim number. I've worn it everyday since (just ordered another denim from ebay).

I was worried about wearing it in public at first, then thought **** it and went into Morrisons, and apart from a few double takes, no one seemed bothered. Empowered by that, I wore it to my local this last sunday, once again no one was bothered. So now all the village has seen me in it. I feel liberated!!

Many thanks to the schoolboys last year, and the builders in the news recently for their inspiration! I don't think I would have done it otherwise!
Glad you have thrown caution to the wind and are enjoying your new found freedom. Hopefully you will be an inspiration to others around Whitby.

We look forward to any of your skirt pics that you might wish to share.

SD
bridkid

Post by bridkid »

Fred in Skirts wrote::welcome:
Welcome to the Skirtcafe grab a seat and a cuppa relax and join in on the fun. We are a fantastic group of like minded people who enjoy the comfort and joy of wearing skirts. You will fit in nicely with the group.
Thanks for the welcome, I hope I can contribute to the site and to blokes out there not sure about wearing a skirt.
bridkid

Post by bridkid »

SkirtsDad wrote:
bridkid wrote:Just to say hi to all, having found this site. I've only recently taken up skirting, and what a revelation! It has to be the most comfortable garment to wear in this hot weather. I took the plunge two weeks ago, went into a charity shop and bought a just above the knee pleated denim number. I've worn it everyday since (just ordered another denim from ebay).

Glad you have thrown caution to the wind and are enjoying your new found freedom. Hopefully you will be an inspiration to others around Whitby.

I do hope the good men of Whitby will follow my lead...! Just one thing you could help me with, as I'm not too tech savvy, how do I post pics to the site?
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

Post by Feeling freedom »

Well done Bridkid!! Welcome aboard!
Personal style is important to me. Even when my outfits may contain skirts, tights and great ankle or riding length boots! I enjoy fashion and am excited to get in on the conversations with the like minded!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Hello and welcome, bridkid.

Second time out in a skirt and you are down the pub - respect! Sounds like you have cracked this skirt-wearing malarkey already.
Last edited by skirtyscot on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
JoePublic

Post by JoePublic »

bridkid wrote:
SkirtsDad wrote:

I do hope the good men of Whitby will follow my lead...! Just one thing you could help me with, as I'm not too tech savvy, how do I post pics to the site?
Hi, and Welcome! You did well just getting out there, the biggest fear is that of what we think others will say or do. Mostly nothing as everyone is too wrapped up in life.
Click on the tab for "upload attachment", select the picture from your PC, (file has to be under 256K :shock: ) click on "Add the file", then click on "place inline" if the site allows for the photo. (You can resize even in MS Paint. Just make sure where you want the pic, the cursor position is where the photo will be placed onto what you are posting... )

No one can see pix unless they are logged in. Look forward to your pics! :mrgreen:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

JoePublic wrote:No one can see pix unless they are logged in. Look forward to your pics! :mrgreen:
Administrative note here: Most sections are public-access, which means that anybody can look at them and that search-engines can index them and even scrape images. There are a couple of sections that are members-only access, and if one is going to post imagery that's where it should be done.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Greetings and welcome to the best cyber place on earth to be, SkirtCafe!
bridkid

Post by bridkid »

skirtyscot wrote:Hello and welcome, bridkid.

Second time out in a skirt and you are down the pub - respect! Sounds like you have cracked this skirt-wearing malarkey already.
Thanks! Thing is I reckon it's all about mindset. To me a plain skirt is just a piece of cloth, I wouldn't wear anything overtly feminine, I believe dresses, high heels and makeup are purely for women, that's how I rationalized it to our lass, and she is perfectly ok with it, even happy to be seen out with me skirted.
webboy42

Post by webboy42 »

Welcome. I started wearing skirts myself only a few months ago. :lol: Saying "f*** it" was pretty much how I worked up the courage for my first outing too, and now going out skirted is as natural as breathing for me.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Bridkid, not only do you have the right attitude, your other half has an accepting attitude. That's the right attitude too, from our point of view. You are very fortunate in that, as you will be aware if you have had a browse through this site.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Hi there bridkid, in relation to the widespread nature of the site members you are practically on my doorstep. There are another couple of members who are relatively close. Do join in as you will get more out of the site if you participate.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.