Another newbie!

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.

Another newbie!

Postby Bowtie » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi everyone,

Another new member here! I've watched these forums without registering for a long time now so thought I should pluck up the courage to sign up and join in formally.

I'm based in the UK, South West, and I've been wearing skirts (discreetly) for a long time now, must be approaching 18 years (yikes!!) in total in spite of my young age (30-35). Predominantly I wear knee length (roughly) skirts and have both plain and pleated varieties, I'm not a fan of tight pencil skirts myself though. I try to wear them as much as I can as they are just so much more comfortably than trousers. For the very first time today I took my car out for a spin whilst wearing a skirt which felt great! Something I will definitely do more of.

It would be good to get to know you all, and it would be brilliant to get in touch with anyone nearby(ish) as well.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Bowtie
Bowtie
Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:09 pm
Location: South West UK

Re: Another newbie!

Postby hoborob » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:06 am

Welcome to the Party Bowtie, it's great have you join us. Hmmm maybe we should start our own party. Now what would we call ourselves.......I know we'll be the skirted party, how about that? :lol:
User avatar
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Re: Another newbie!

Postby Sikko » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:33 am

Welcome Bowtie. Good you made finally the step to join.
User avatar
Sikko
Member
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:46 am

Re: Another newbie!

Postby Sinned » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:52 am

Welcome bowtie. There are two or three of you skirtonians down on the southwest, so maybe you could all meet up somewhere. You'll get the most benefit of this site by reading some of the threads to get a gist of the wide-ranging topics that have been discussed and, of course, joining in the discourses so that we can get to know you a bit better. :D
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
User avatar
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 3064
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: York, England

Re: Another newbie!

Postby SkirtedWelshman » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:00 pm

Greetings from Suffolk. Explore, enjoy, embrace!!!
SkirtedWelshman
Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:52 am
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom

Re: Another newbie!

Postby Bowtie » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:49 am

Thanks for the welcomes! Looking forward to getting involved with discussions!
Bowtie
Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:09 pm
Location: South West UK

Re: Another newbie!

Postby Caultron » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:46 am

Bowtie wrote:zpredominantly I wear knee length (roughly) skirts and have both plain and pleated varieties, I'm not a fan of tight pencil skirts myself though. I try to wear them as much as I can as they are just so much more comfortably than trousers. For the very first time today I took my car out for a spin whilst wearing a skirt which felt great! Something I will definitely do more of.

What's the outlook for getting out of the car? To buy gas or something from the convenience store, perhaps?

I'm sure the most amazing thing will happen: nothing.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
User avatar
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 3968
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:12 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Another newbie!

Postby RichardA » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:45 am

Hi & :welcome: from Southampton
User avatar
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:26 pm
Location: Southampton UK

Re: Another newbie!

Postby Fred in Skirts » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:15 pm

Welcome to the cafe! We are a mixed group of skirt wearers and we enjoy the freedom that skirts give us, so join in and have a good time here.
Fred :kiltdance:

:whistle: Hi I am Fred and I wear skirts all of the time. :hooray:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not"
Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
User avatar
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:48 pm
Location: Southeast Corner of Aiken County, SC USA

Re: Another newbie!

Postby Bowtie » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:28 pm

Caultron wrote:
Bowtie wrote:zpredominantly I wear knee length (roughly) skirts and have both plain and pleated varieties, I'm not a fan of tight pencil skirts myself though. I try to wear them as much as I can as they are just so much more comfortably than trousers. For the very first time today I took my car out for a spin whilst wearing a skirt which felt great! Something I will definitely do more of.

What's the outlook for getting out of the car? To buy gas or something from the convenience store, perhaps?

I'm sure the most amazing thing will happen: nothing.


Hi Caultron I'm definitely working up to it now, I am keen to try going out in public, but I'm going to take it slowly and gradually!
Bowtie
Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:09 pm
Location: South West UK

Re: Another newbie!

Postby Caultron » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Bowtie wrote:Hi Caultron I'm definitely working up to it now, I am keen to try going out in public, but I'm going to take it slowly and gradually!

Well, keep at it and then just do it. Put out the garbage at night or buy gas at night or attend some counter-cultural event where anything goes.

I was out hiking in a utility kilt yesterday and four different women said they liked my kilt. I told one that more men should wear kilts, and she said in front of her husband that most guys lack the guts.

Now, four compliments on one day is admittedly above average but believe me, going skirted in public is far more interesting than tragic.

Just keep up your confidence (or at least the appearance), be friendly, and never cower or cringe. People react far more to your demeanor than they do to your clothes.

Good luck!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
User avatar
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 3968
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:12 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Another newbie!

Postby johnb » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:19 pm

Fred in Skirts wrote:Welcome to the cafe! We are a mixed group of skirt wearers and we enjoy the freedom that skirts give us, so join in and have a good time here.


And a welcome from me too. I couldn't do a better reply than Fred, so I've taken the liberty to quote him.

John
johnb
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:57 am
Location: Craven Arms, Shropshire.

Re: Another newbie!

Postby Sinned » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:27 pm

There's a well-known acronym that our team used to use when I worked for a 24x7 bank and we were in get-the-company-out-of-the-sh*t mode when the mainframe decided to go awol and that was JFDI - Just F*ck*ng Do It. I still have the baseball cap that each member of our team had with the letters on it. This really applies to skirts because there is no half-way with wearing a skirt out - you're either doing it or you're not.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
User avatar
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 3064
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: York, England


Return to Introductions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest