Hello from Alberta, Canada

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Leather74

Hello from Alberta, Canada

Post by Leather74 »

Good morning

I am new to the forum. Just wanted to say hi.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from Alberta, Canada

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi Leather 74, Welcome and all that. From your nom-de-plume the 74 probably puts you about the same age as my children.

Would I be right?

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Hi, Leather74, and welcome to the group. If your interest is both being a man and wearing a skirt, you've found the right place.

Do you wear skirts now? If so, what kind, how often, and where? If not, what's stopping you?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Welcome from another Albertan! (Calgary)

Great to see another local on here.
Leather74

Post by Leather74 »

Thank you for the welcomes.

I am from Edmonton, Alberta. Been wearing skirts for as long as I can remember, mostly in the safety of my home. I wore my kilt for the first time last summer when my wife and I were going to the fertility clinic in Calgary. True sense of freedom walking around the city and shops without being confined in jean.

Yes 74 is the year that I was born.
Leather74

Post by Leather74 »

I do wear skirts on a daily basis, again mostly in the safety of my own home, sometimes out in the back yard when I am enjoying some sunshine.

I think it's the typical stereotype of skirts being women's clothing that prevents me to wear them out in public more often. Although when I do wear my kilt out, I usually Hear good compliments, mainly from elderly women. The occasional guy has come up to me asking about them as well. My wife supports me wearing skirts and is constantly trying to get me to wear them out when we take off for the day.

And honestly, I am getting pretty tired of being uncomfortable in jeans and have been considering wearing he kilt and skirts more often.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:
Welcome to the cafe Leather74. You have found a great place to talk about and learn about skirts and wearing them out and about in the wild. I wear only skirts and wear them everywhere. I have not had any problems and I live in the deep South, also known as the Bible Belt, with the far right and Bible thumpers all around. I travel in a skirt all of the time. Never had any trouble at the air ports either. As many here will tell you the only thing stopping you from wearing skirts out and about is your own fears. Today there are so many things that keep people occupied that they really don't have time to bother you or anyone else. So get out there and enjoy your skirts, listen to your wife and wear your skirts!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

If you head down to Cowtown again, do make sure to PM me and I'll give you contact details so we can meet up. I may be heading up to the Edmonton area for the Tour de Alberta, July I think? I'm not sure where it is being held, but maybe we can grab a beer?
SkirtedWelshman

Post by SkirtedWelshman »

Greetings from Suffolk, U.K. Explore, enjoy embrace. :D