Not a newbie?

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
gerrynuk

Not a newbie?

Post by gerrynuk »

Hi everyone,

Am new to this forum but have been wearing kilts of all types since 1970. My problem is that with increasing years most of my kilts no longer fit me! Have just purchased a lovely brown kilt from Richard at Skilt.co.uk and am in the process of buying a black kilt from (another) Richard at Union Kilts. Had a sizing issue with the Union Kilt as the advertised sizes are a tad on the tight side so am having to return the kilt for a larger size.
IMG_1640 magacrop.jpeg
Best wishes,

Gerry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Not a newbie?

Post by Caultron »

Welcome, Gerry, and your outfit looks great. I'm sure you'll find kindred spirits here.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:
Hi Gerry and welcome to our little spot of heaven on earth. :lol:
OK that is a little strong but what can I say, we have a really nice place to help each other in wearing skirts and kilts.
So grab a cup and sit down and enjoy the ride. :dance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi Gerry and :welcome: I had a denim kilt from Union Kilts it was very stiff even after I had washed it many times and used fabric conditioner, in the end I dumped it.
SkirtedWelshman

Post by SkirtedWelshman »

Welcome to Skirtcafe. Looking good in the kilt.

Martin
gerrynuk

Post by gerrynuk »

Thanks for all your replies. Am looking forward to having some interesting discussions.

Gerry
gerrynuk

Post by gerrynuk »

RichardA wrote:Hi Gerry and :welcome:
I had a denim kilt from Union Kilts it was very stiff even after I had washed
it many times and used fabric conditioner, in the end I dumped it.
That's interesting, RichardA. Had to return the first one as I had misjudged the size.
Am now waiting for the replacement in the next size up. It is a black denim kilt so
am anxious to see what the material feels like when I'm wearing it.

I purchased a corduroy kilt from them a few years back but didn't wear it much and
now it no longer fits me. It was quite comfortable and well made but there is no
adjustment on the waist.

Gerry